#3 Bad Kirban Experience

Lou19

Here we go again,same 'ol
I tried installing a Kirban repo wiper stalk and now the repo does not control wipers.
Looks like the nub on the Kirban stalk is smaller then OEM. What's the deal or am I screwed? :mad:

I am really having a hard time with Kirban products, poor instructions for window rattle kit(the book he sells is no help with the rattle kit), bad ignition coil with cracked tower on #6, and now this BS with the stalk! No instructions with that dam thing either! :mad:

Lou
OIF Vet

Oh great, UPS delivered the scanmaster I ordered from Kirban is here!!

Maybe it'll work, I have spent hundreds there and I guess I need to try other vendors. Although hats off to GBody for a great head liner.

I'm sure Kirban is well respected, I use to get his newsletter in 1986 when my original car was new. Had a few Vettes, dodge trucks, ford truck, and now a Lexus since then. I thought getting back into GN would be fun, but this old GM crap and bad aftermarket products sure does kill the buzz.:(

Anyway, where can I get a real factory Grand National wiper stalk w/cruise?

I don't care how much it costs.:p

Lou
OIF Vet

I am sure that Dennis will square this away with you if he at all can. Have you contacted him yet regarding your complaints? At least give Kirban Performance a shot at squaring away the deal.

Dennis is actually a cool old fart and he does take care of his customers. Check in the lounge and he may even be on line right now. He's involved in 2 threads there so you can PM him and I'm sure he'll respond to you in a favorable way. Just my .02.

I am sure that Dennis will square this away with you if he at all can. Have you contacted him yet regarding your complaints? At least give Kirban Performance a shot at squaring away the deal.

Pete is the contact, I think asking to talk to Dennis is like asking to talk to the owner of the cable company. I have emailed him, but it gets passed to Pete who "answers hundreds of emails a day." That reply made me feel like he really didn't want to hear a complaint - just go away.

I did see the wiper stalk on Ebay for $22 bucks, that is the unit Kirban sends you for $40!

I'm sure Dennis is cool, but right now I'm not because that cheap stalk he sold me probably ruined the fit in the column permanently! I know the answer will be, "you installed it incorrectly" even though he provide no instructions at all.

Anyway, where can I pay too much for a real OEM NOS wiper stalk?

Kirban has been working on/selling parts for these cars before half of the board members on TB.com were walking. A little respect is earned. You need to contact the man and let him work this out. THEN if he doesnt fix the problem you can hang him out to dry.

This also belongs in the feedback or vendor forum. Remember Summit or Jegs cant help us.....

Kirban has been working on/selling parts for these cars before half of the board members on TB.com were walking. A little respect is earned. You need to contact the man and let him work this out. THEN if he doesnt fix the problem you can hang him out to dry.

This also belongs in the feedback or vendor forum. Remember Summit or Jegs cant help us.....

OK, how do you move a thread? :confused:

I tried installing a Kirban repo wiper stalk and now the repo does not control wipers.
Looks like the nub on the Kirban stalk is smaller then OEM. What's the deal or am I screwed?

The little nub on the end needs to be turned a 1/4 of a turn to lock it into place. If you look into the hole of the wiper switch you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm almost certain you don't have it installed correctly. I've sold quite a few of those and I've never seen one with a smaller than standard stem diameter.

You know the very first part, or should I say tool, that everyone,reguardless of what model of car they own, should buy is the Factory Shop Manual. Most, if not every part us vendors sell is a direct replacement part on your car. How The Heck do you work on your car with out the instructions?:confused:

Anyway, where can I pay too much for a real OEM NOS wiper stalk?
Too much? Your looking for a part from a 20+year old car that has been discontinued and you say too much before you even source one. Lol. Do us all a favor and sell your car asap. You arent cut out for old GM crap. Toyota has some good deals going on the Prius right now. It just screams you.

Too much? Your looking for a part from a 20+year old car that has been discontinued and you say too much before you even source one. Lol. Do us all a favor and sell your car asap. You arent cut out for old GM crap. Toyota has some good deals going on the Prius right now. It just screams you.

I did see one and should have bought it then, they exist - calm down.

Give Dennis a chance to make this right. After all, he is a VENDOR not a MANUFACTURER. He doesn't make the bulk of what he sells. I understand your frustration, however posting negatively on a public forum, BEFORE you contact him, and ASSUMING what his response will be, to the questions you HAVE NOT asked him, is just not right. Giving the guy the opportunity to make it right should be your first step. Aslo, there is one other place you can go to for help with your GN.....................TURBOBUICK.COM.............We will all try to help with ANYTHING that has to do with your Buick. You just have to ask. :biggrin: Just my .02 ---Keith

OK, how do you move a thread? :confused:
Lou19:
I just PM'ed the mods on this section asking that they move the thread to the most appropriate forum section, probably Vendor Feedback. I feel confident that Dennis and Pete will square this away to your satisfaction. A little patience would be appreciated.
TIA/R: Gary Wells

kirban 2 cents worth

Turn signal stalks....nobody sells them with directions that I am aware of. GM only has the black versions available reason I am told is the chrome would peal and cut your finger....and some of the GM stalks are priced out of this world. One for my 97 Riv from GM my cost would be $600...

I appreciate all the positive comments and Eric all of which is rite....their is a trick to installing them. Heck I don' even know how they get installed I have a mechanic do it as you got to snake the wire down etc. They do have to get pushed in and twisted to seat etc.

Also, there is no less than 3 versions available with the chrome one we sell and 2 others. Yes same may be cheaper may not be the exact same as ours as I have researched them. One verison has a slightly thicker neck than the one we sell which does not look as close as ours.....we have sold probably over 100 of these with no issues.

Window rattle...this is a tough project...period...one reason pete serio (not the pete that works for me) was the busiest guy every year at the GS Nats...adjusting windows even with the book and the parts is a very very complicated job. You got to take your time and know what you are doing.

I get frustrated too. Pet Serio wrote that window rattle book and I can assure you there is no better book on window rattles than his book. Your real complaint should be with Buick for making doors and windows that have rattle problems in the first place.

You can send the turn signal stalk back, but keep in mind no matter which one you buy from whoever or where ever they all get installed the exact same way.

On the scan master.....it falls under the same category we sell them we don;t make them......

We do make some products.....and like others have stated been at this for a good long time started in 1978 and the part we made back then we still make to this day for the 1964-65 GTO.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

This post was not meant to upset you merely clear the air the issues you are having.

Thanks for the quick reply Dennis, I sent you the PM after this thread started to balloon out of control. There is always someone willing to attack once the frenzy begins, but why a photo of a man's nude back(bison's signature) is troubling.

If you feel I am too harsh,I apologize, my intent was bring to light my experience with the product quality, instructions (when available), and price. As a customer, I have the right to complain to anyone about anything, anywhere I please, no matter what.

I have customers in my business who bitch all the time, it forces us to make improvements in product quality and service. If GM ever listened to customers, they might not be where they are now.

I have spent nearly a grand at KB in the last month. I really thought I was getting the better products from you. It seems like everything is a repro with a description containing a phrase like "original OEM" - even though the original OEM may have moved to China or Korea.(My theory)

The raised bump on the end of your turn signal stalk is noticeable smaller and therefore is a sloppy fit and drifts out and disengages. My car has been "Kirbanized" forever by this low quality part. So sending it back is a futile - the damage is done.

You have some cool solutions for GN's. You do good things for all of us. This turn signal stalk was the last straw and I had to vent, I hope this moves you in a positive direction.

All the best,
Lou
OIF Vet

He's selling parts. Why is it his responsibility to make sure you install them correctly? Have a reputable mechanic do it!!!! I don't attempt to install shingles!!!! Dave--CW AUTOMOTIVE, YUP WE SERVICE TURBO BUICKS!!!!

My car has been "Kirbanized" forever by this low quality part.

I tried to ignore this the first few times I read it, but it's not working very well for me. This was a fvcked up thing to say. Next time, keep it to yourself or in a PM to the person you have an issue with. If you had a complaint that went unanswered after multiple attempts at contaqcting the correct people, put it in the right section on this board, state the facts and go from there. Name calling is or using someones name like above is not called for. Maybe Bison is right. :rolleyes:

kirban 2 cents worth

Appreciate all the kind words in the above posts here. It's important to remember many parts you buy do not come with directions even turn signal stalks from GM don't come with directions.

If indeed the part is faulty we have no problem replacing it or whatever. Seeing one on ebay cheaper does not mean it is the same supplier as the one we sell. As I stated earlier I know several versions exist in chrome.

Many items today for these cars are repros or replacements. I can't think of any GM part we supply that comes with directions. We do make detailed directions on several items we make that require special directions.

kirban