3.8/4.1 head studs

SHADOWII

Will the 3.8 head studs work on a 4.1 w/alum. T/A SI heads? I would think so, but I'm not positive.

Your question does not give all the needed specific info, but here is the general answer:

TA heads take unique and different head bolts/studs than iron heads, and they are also different for a 109 3.8 and 4.1 block.

The early 3.8 block and 4.1 used the same head fastener kits.

I don't know about TA heads, but 109 iron head studs work with early 3.8, 4.1 and stage 1/2 and GN1 heads.

I don't know about TA heads, but 109 iron head studs work with early 3.8, 4.1 and stage 1/2 and GN1 heads.

The 4.1 and early 3.8 blocks require a shorter stud or bolt, you could possibly make them work IF you were to add enough washers as spacers, or you cannot get enough clamping force, if any?

Also, the iron heads, Champion heads, TA heads and M&A heads all are different thickness, so the proper fasteners are different sizes for each head.

In the past few weeks I have dealt will all these blocks and heads of the various scenarios here in many assembling engines, and ALL the fastener kits are different?

The GN1s require a longer stud. I had a spare used stage 2 GN1 set and a set for 109 with iron heads, and they were the same length other than the extra stage 2 studs that cannot be used on a production block.

Thanks for the replies guys, I ended up w/calling TA performance and Tim recommended their pre 86 stud kit for the production 4.1 block and their TA S/I heads I purchased from Chris K for my Camaro project.

You can figure out what lengths you need and call ARP direct. I've had better luck doing this myself if unsure of the exact lengths in a set. Fwiw the sets for iron heads are not the ideal length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies guys, I ended up w/calling TA performance and Tim recommended their pre 86 stud kit for the production 4.1 block and their TA S/I heads I purchased from Chris K for my Camaro project.
This is what I use on my 4.1 and TA SI heads. The 12 point nuts provide more clearance between the socket and exhaust ports than the 6 points allow.