2nd fuel pump in engine bay?

WFO

Habitual Line-Stepper
Kinda thinking out loud on this one...

Was under the ass end of my GN with the spiders spraying the fuel line shield bolts with PB Blaster and that got me thinking...:D

I'm installing a Bosch fuel pump in line after my in tank walbro 340...is there any real reason why that extra pump has to be at the back of the vehicle?

From what I've read about electric fuel pumps they don't like to self prime and they're not very efficient pullers. Well if the Bosch is mounted downstream from a walbro those points are now moot. The walbro will prime the bosch and will force feed it fuel supply.

At that point the bosch will have a relatively short piece of larger fuel line up to the rail for the least amount of restriction possible.

Am I way off base here?:confused:

Thanks,Sean

Generally when you are running 2 pumps one is high volume low pressure to feed a high pressure pump. In that case you want to 2 pretty close.

I don't see why the 2 high volume high pressure pumps would have to be close?

Now you got me thinking as I wanted to put my Bosch pump inline too.

Well hey Bob thanks for chasing off the crickets that were chirping in my thread:D.

I'm gonna go ahead and do it. I've got a wideband and a fuel pressure gauge to keep track of things.

I'll be sure to let you know how it works out.

Later,Sean