2800 or 3200 stall and future turbo

Fuzzy

I'm going to have the transmission on the GN rebuilt next week and take the opportunity to replace the torque converter. One option is to install a 2800 reworked D5 converter or pay more for a 3200 Vigilante converter. I was told the 3200 stall will not impact the driveability too much on the street and will provide more turbo options and better performance at the track. I have the TE44 and the 2800 stall on the T which is much better than the stock turbo and D5 converter but I do not know what other combinations are like. I need to make a decision on the converter and think about a turbo. I'm not planning on doing anything else to the car besides octane/tuning/boost and taking it to the track so I don't want to have a mis-match between the converter, turbo and the stock heads. Any suggestions?

Thanks

> I was told the 3200 stall will not impact the driveability too much on the street and will provide more turbo options and better performance at the track.

I'd have to agree with that. I have no complaints. I see about 3200 when I stomp the gas, and 4100-4300 at 5# boost. Just wish I had a bigger turbo now though. The 51 just isn't enough.

-Banning.

I think you'd be hard pressed to be able to get 2800 out of a D5 even reworked,.... efficently, I also believe 3200 will effect streetability. I think we have proven our 9/11 to be more than what you would need to get what you want, just talk to someone that has purchased one or look in trans talk at what has been said, you get the best of both worlds, streetability, stall and l/u at a fraction of the cost of a "Vigilante" :D

http://www.2004rperformancecenter.c...CatalogID=2&strCatalog_NAME=Xtreme+Converters

I have one of the 9/11s (2800-3000) Bruce sells and am happy with it. Running a 52 turbo now, but had a 49 and it was perfect for the street... no complaints... 'cept for that traction thing. :) Get some DRs for street use.

I've discussed the options with M. Kurtz of Century Automotive. His part number for the 2800 is G-150BHP and the description is 2800 12" 2004-R. I need to ask him about the efficiency of this unit. I'm not clear on the manufacturer and type for the 3200 option so I need more information there. The cost was about $750 before a scheduled 1/1/03 10% price increase. I'll do some reading in the other forum and ask Mike about the PTS line. Thanks for the link and the help.