2016 TAI rules

Every other Buick Classic has 20 or more rules we have 4....

Seriously.....the core rules are not up for discussion

As I was reminded by Julio ,this class was started to see who could go the fastest on PUMP GAS AN ALKY.

The KISS method was used so ANYONE could compete

Keep It Super Simple

In doing so we have had a BLAST!!!!!

Sorry if the rules are TO SIMPLE.

ALL rules should be up for discussion and votes by the racers each year, its THE ONLY way a class can grow. Since when did the RRA become a Dictatorship ?

The class is still to see who can go the fastest on Pump gas and ALKY, then the rules changed to 1/8th mile to slow the cars down....( this was voted on by the racers !!)
The tree was changed to a Pro Tree...( this was voted on by the racers !!)

The KISS method is Keep It Simple , Stupid....

The rules ARE TOO simple , as they have not evolved in almost 10 years

We still want to have a Blast.....

We have GROWEN AND WE HAVE CHANGED you said it yourself.... Distance an Tree..... How is that not EVOVLED

yeah the tradition....a sportsman tree...for the guy with way too big of a turbo to spool it up in a timely manner.....

now that he has a new turbo that will spool up......The dictator allowed the tree type to get voted on........

But what interesting enough about this is.... This same guy ran in another class that runs pro-tree and have for yrs.......

yeah the tradition....a sportsman tree...for the guy with way too big of a turbo to spool it up in a timely manner.....

now that he has a new turbo that will spool up......The dictator allowed the tree type to get voted on........

But what interesting enough about this is.... This same guy ran in another class that runs pro-tree and have for yrs.......

I adapted to change...... Ask your self who's really scared of who....

I guess not ...you have 200 lb + weight advantage
I could have gone 6.0x with that weight off my car

So that's my FAULT....you have it aluminate headed stroker motor with a very good Turbo you should already be there....;)

Early on the weight rule was followed because of rules made in TSM. The TSM cars that ran on irons had a 100 lb weight break. Case in point the the fastest cars in TSM have aluminum heads. Jason White, Richie Balcom, Don Cruz, etc..
Guys could argue on displacement, tho its hard to check. Turbo's.. hard to check.. So to make things simple, the rules where laid out simple.
Pump gas, any three bolt turbo(75mm), and weight 3450/3550(heads).
This allowed TTA's into the class as well where they had no other class to participate.

Me.. I didn't like the 1/8 mile format change.. but since racers wanted it to be so.. so be it. Just like my local tracks, if I have a choice I prefer my 1/4 mile track. I only go to the 1/8 mile track to tune suspension and 60/330.

The Sportsman/Pro tree thing.. if its competitive, the Pro tree. Tho most who race in the class the sportsman tree would be way simpler as thats what most run when they are home test-n-tuning.

The weight rule has been there since 2005. JD simply has worked to get his car to fit the same simple rules for 10 years. He's also willing to push the car as hard as it needs be to get to his means.

Ultimately the long and short was to get cars moving from a-b in the fastest amount of time, not slow them down. The basic rules for the class where to un-restrict the ability of the cars and show potential. Any rule that goes and slows the class down IMHO goes against the reason the class was formed. If anything make it all 3450 as the lightest weight.

Looking back 10 years ago.. there where cars that came and went.. and that weight number allowed the most racers. Had we made the weight 3650 the class wouldn't have existed today. If you make the weight 3550, JD will still race it as he loves the class and the car was simply built for it. It sucks tho as he has spent time/energy/and $$$ lightening up the car. This is unfair to him and wrong for a class looking for a faster ET on limited octane.

The weight will simply go over his rear tires where it helps his 60 more and all we did is slow the class down not make it faster.

Sorry I couldn't make it this year to help with the RRA portion. See you all next year,
Julio

Early on the weight rule was followed because of rules made in TSM. The TSM cars that ran on irons had a 100 lb weight break. Case in point the the fastest cars in TSM have aluminum heads. Jason White, Richie Balcom, Don Cruz, etc..
Guys could argue on displacement, tho its hard to check. Turbo's.. hard to check.. So to make things simple, the rules where laid out simple.
Pump gas, any three bolt turbo(75mm), and weight 3450/3550(heads).
This allowed TTA's into the class as well where they had no other class to participate.

Me.. I didn't like the 1/8 mile format change.. but since racers wanted it to be so.. so be it. Just like my local tracks, if I have a choice I prefer my 1/4 mile track. I only go to the 1/8 mile track to tune suspension and 60/330.

The Sportsman/Pro tree thing.. if its competitive, the Pro tree. Tho most who race in the class the sportsman tree would be way simpler as thats what most run when they are home test-n-tuning.

The weight rule has been there since 2005. JD simply has worked to get his car to fit the same simple rules for 10 years. He's also willing to push the car as hard as it needs be to get to his means.

Ultimately the long and short was to get cars moving from a-b in the fastest amount of time, not slow them down. The basic rules for the class where to un-restrict the ability of the cars and show potential. Any rule that goes and slows the class down IMHO goes against the reason the class was formed. If anything make it all 3450 as the lightest weight.

Looking back 10 years ago.. there where cars that came and went.. and that weight number allowed the most racers. Had we made the weight 3650 the class wouldn't have existed today. If you make the weight 3550, JD will still race it as he loves the class and the car was simply built for it. It sucks tho as he has spent time/energy/and $$$ lightening up the car. This is unfair to him and wrong for a class looking for a faster ET on limited octane.

The weight will simply go over his rear tires where it helps his 60 more and all we did is slow the class down not make it faster.

Sorry I couldn't make it this year to help with the RRA portion. See you all next year,
Julio
I understand what you are saying but the cars have gotten faster even at my weight ! Lightening the car to me is a safety issue plain and simple as none of us have a roll bar or cages since most of us have street cars...
I don't look at a racecar as a streetcar , I refuse to cage my car even with my wife requesting it. I also refuse to install fiberglass ...I really don't want to hit a wall but if it were to happen , I want some steel to take the hit. I would think that almost all of us feel the same but I don't want to speak for them.

Of course the existing weight numbers allowed most to race...not many could get to the weight let alone going under the weight ....

I think the issue here is safety.

I really don't see JD adding any weight to race , or for that matter , even a vote by the racers...

Sorry you couldn't make it Julio !!!

You missed a 3700 lb car bust off a 6.22@112.6 with 1.46 60' off the foot brake on a 5 psi launch....:)

Bryan

Bryan,
There is weight to be saved in simple things like seats, brakes, exhaust, etc
Without sacrificing safety or structural integrity

I understand the bar thing and how it relates to safety and nobody in the class likes running one. Your car has finally come around. God knows how many trials and tribulations you've been through.

Sorry to say that all the above doesnt mean a single thing due this statement alone... "this is unfair to HIM....." i was with you Julio UNTIL you made that statement... JD says for ALL THE IRON HEADED CARS... YOU on the other hand pointed to JD specifically. All that was asked was to have the ability to vote on the rules.... nothing more. As of this point i will not support the TAI class... good luck to those in NC!
Just calling a spade a spade. No sugar coating, no politics, etc.

Vote all you want, I have no stake in the matter aside from giving my support financially to the class and helping create it when it started many moons ago.

This street car/race car thing is a very fine line. You are all at that line and seeing what side of it you fit in and trying to make adjustments to the recipe laid down many years ago that's served the class well.

Good luck,
Julio

Why do I feel like Sean Hayes in THS??

Singled out...........

AS JULIO SAID PUT IT TO A VOTE LETS SEE WHAT EVERYONE HAS TO SAY.........

1 leave rules alone
2 change minimum weight for all to 3550

All racers listed in previous tread can vote no poll required just post 1 or 2

Can we have a poll thread to see voting results, we all know down in Englewood we have that special kind of math, like when JD was explaining to Sean and I how many cuts to make 5 notches for rolling the quarter panel, 1 - 2 - 5 ? j/k I'm good with no changes. If there are changes, I'm good as well.