2016 TAI rules

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
1. 109 block or equivalant such as production 4.1 (no stage / aluminum blocks)
2. Any 3 bolt turbo
3. Weight with driver 3450 (iron heads), 3550 (Aluminum heads)
4. Non inter-cooled cars are allowed the use of Ethanol blended fuels (No Racegas)
5. Must fill up with 10 gallons of 93 octane pump gas on race day before eliminations (Ethanol cars excluded)
6. 1/8th mile

Last edited:
Clint

Those rules appear to be the same as last yr? other than the 1/8 mile but tai was ran as 1/8 mile this yr

I1. 109 block or equivalant such as production 4.1 (no stage / aluminum blocks)
2. Any 3 bolt turbo
3. Weight with driver 3450 (iron heads), 3550 (Aluminum heads)
4. Non inter-cooled cars are allowed the use of Ethanol blended fuels (No Racegas)
5. Must fill up with 10 gallons of 93 octane pump gas on race day before eliminations (Ethanol cars excluded)

You are eligible to vote on proposed changes if you have ran TAI in the past 3 years. All threads are open for discussion from anyone.

Where is the Popcorn emoticon ????
This could get interesting.....:)

Bryan

I weighed on the first qualifying run ....3645 and it will never weigh any less. Not removing anything else for weight reduction. Giving up almost 200 lbs sucks but safety is more important to me.

Bryan

I weighed each time, 3565 in qualifying, 3575 with 13.5 gallons to top off my tank to full after I got my converter bolts tight saturday morning. Should have the tech lady or first person to finish sign each slip with the weight?

3450 for all cars?

I weigh 3445 with me and 3/4 tank of gas. I raced with 3 iron heads and a set of headers in my trunk to make weight.

No E85. Aren't we all on pump 93 gas?

Ok my 2 cents

I vote to leave everything the same

Except for the weight make it 3500

The majority of the cars in this class is well over this weight .....

I do however think the RRA needs to appoint someone to be at the scales at everyone pass tai racers make as a group ...

3450 for all cars?

I weigh 3445 with me and 3/4 tank of gas. I raced with 3 iron heads and a set of headers in my trunk to make weight.

No E85. Aren't we all on pump 93 gas?

The E85 rule was made last yr to allow HOT-AIR cars to run the class..

This was to allow Jamie to run with us last yr..

I'll have to run at 3550+ anyways, so I can run THS without changing weight in the 'hurry up final call all drivers to your cars waiting for 45 minutes longer than the last time it was final call lanes'.

Most every class gives a weight brake for IRON HEADS,

U can make way more power with aluminum head ,,IF choose to

I agree with Jim all cars can weigh 3450..... Why should ANYONE HAVE TO ADD WEIGHT ......... JUST SAYING

Last edited:
I have a better idea lets just make the class 6.50 index...

everyone has a better chance!!!!!

How does that sound???

Well I don't really care what happens here.......I'm not planning on changing anything on my car........

No index, just heads up. Though I like the qualifying madness racing, best qualifying R/T etc, good stuff!

For weight I was just being funny, my street car is lighter than JD's race car even with my steel hood. He has to have a pit crew to even lift or close his hood!
I'm adding steel cross bars to reinforce the frame behind the bumpers, so my 3200# car will get heavier.

More fun sounds like a good rule!

Well something's definitely going to change jd because there's been three people who mentioned something about a weight change and only two that says not to. Jd please post who is able to vote on a rule change then we can post a poll

Cool.. also i would like to know in Bowling Green this year of everyone who ran the class how many cars ran with an iron head. I'm curious