James Kirby
Randy Quiggins
John. ImJoesnuffy
Tim from Texas
Matt photo guy
Adam from Kansas
Steve. Huntsg
Jamie Hot Air

This is a list from last three years........if for some reason i missed someone please let me know THANKS!!!!!

Last edited:
Actually at 3550 right now I can run TAI and THS at the same weight ;) If anyone in the past saw 2 spare tires, a couple jacks, and jackstands in the waiting lanes at BG 2011/2012, those were mine so I could run 3550 in TAI and 3650 in THS. I couldn't stand running 100 extra pounds just cuz between rounds.

I think the Mantra of the Iron head VS alum head things is something of the past....

We have 2 very light weight cars in TAI as of right now. One car is in the 3450 area with Iron Heads and 67 turbo . The other car is a tad less weight car with Alum heads and a TE-66/45a turbo.

Care to guess what car is the fastest? One would like to ASSume the Alum headed car.......Since its been portrayed the alum heads make gobs and gobs more power over a set of iron heads.....( This is even when the port work and flow numbers match ....Not saying thats the case in these 2 cars but you get the point)

My point is this The material that the heads are made of is not what produces the power...Its helps with weight reduction no doubt.

Also to further my point on material not making a difference in power... Lets look at a TA alum block VS a iron stage 2 block... Does the alum block simply make more power because its alum...No....

FLAME SUIT ON!!!!!!!!!!:devil:

Just to clear things up THS doesn't have two weights based on heads anymore.

Good to know.....

"MINIMUM vehicle weight including the driver MUST be at least 3550-pounds for a vehicle with a 200-4r Transmission, 3650 for any other GM Transmission. "....... hmmmm. I see some simple rule adoption in the works for TAI

Is this the same as Stage blocks are JUST BLOCKS ......
Blocks that can handle TWICE THE POWER....

Aluminum heads have the ability to make more POWER...... Just because I have TUNED MY COMBO TO WORK, DOESNT MEAN WE ARE CHANGING WEIGHTS!!!

You guys should work on makin your CARS FASTER AN STOP TRYING TO SLOW ME DOWN..... Just saying

The rules have been as SIMPLE AS THEY CAN BE .... STOCK ORIGINAL MOTOR,3 BOLT TURBO, WEIGHT IRON 3450, ALUMINUM 3550, an 10 gallons from same gas station.... So honestly there really isn't anything to CHANGE....
We have gone to 1/8 mile an PROTREE

THE FOUR CORE RULES WILL STAY IN TACK...... CANT MAKE IT ANY SIMPLER THEN THAT........JD

I got on the scale after 1st qualifying run and was 3595. I can't see changin much to get lighter tho.
Both sides have a point....

If it isn't BROKE WHY CHANGE IT......

We can vote on distance an tree, as we have in the past.

10 years of getting MY car to fit the simplest class in the BUICK RACIN,
WE HAVE HAD THE BEST TIME AN MORE FUN THEN ANY OTHER CLASS THERE IS..... I have followed the rules an adapted over time , if this is to hard to understand IM SORRY, I hope you all continue to make this the FUNNEST CLASS TO RACE IN!!!
JD

Last edited:
Did TAI ever run 1/4 mile? Just curious as I like to go fast:) Eighth mile is a damn quick race.

Aluminum heads have the ability to make more POWER...... Just because I have TUNED MY COMBO TO WORK, DOESNT MEAN WE ARE CHANGING WEIGHTS...

Hahaha..... everyone is just outta luck.. sorry peeps.. ur not going to be given the ability to vote....

Did TAI ever run 1/4 mile? Just curious as I like to go fast:) Eighth mile is a damn quick race.

Yes it was a 1/4 mile class to begin with. However it was voted on and became the 1st class at BG to run the 1/8th... this year at the nats there was 3 classes that ran the 1/8th. Lots less stress on parts as well as competitive racing....

10 years of getting MY car to fit the simplest class in the BUICK RACIN,
WE HAVE HAD THE BEST TIME AN MORE FUN THEN ANY OTHER CLASS THERE IS..... I have followed the rules an adapted over time , if this is to hard to understand IM SORRY, I hope you all continue to make this the FUNNIEST CLASS TO RACE IN!!!
JD
It is the funniest class. ....

Let's go with a bracket tree and anyone over 3450 lbs gets a 1 tenth advantage for each 100 lbs of weight ...:)

Bryan

JD ,you still get to have the lightest car and you don't have to add weight. It's a win win

Bryan

Every other Buick Classic has 20 or more rules we have 4....

Seriously.....the core rules are not up for discussion

As I was reminded by Julio ,this class was started to see who could go the fastest on PUMP GAS AN ALKY.

The KISS method was used so ANYONE could compete

Keep It Super Simple

In doing so we have had a BLAST!!!!!

Sorry if the rules are TO SIMPLE.