2012 Ford VS Buick OK???

Heard that ark city drag strip isn't open for business, is this true, and if so are any plans made to still have the event at another track ?

Looks bad. Their website is down and their facebook has this posted on June 4:

Guys I have done all I can do I havn't give up but it looks pretty bleek from where I sitting its between the Land Owner and The Track owner I am sitting where your at just don't know I will sit by the phone and wait till I hear from Mr. Woods and let you know.

It is my understanding there are on going efforts being made to work out the track situation in Ark City. If those efforts are not successful, alternative plans will be reviewed by Mark Shackleford, the event sponsor, and the final decision on the plan would be made by him.

Phil Engle

so time is marching on and we have yet to hear any updates on the B v.F event! who can give us one? honestly i don't think the ark city deal is going to happen! i think we should try and arrange something at Tulsa Raceway Park! Heck it will even be closer than Ark city for all of the Texas cars that usually show! If i need to help make this deal happen, i'll help in any way that i can! I live about an hours drive away from the place and i even worked there for the 2009 season, so i know a couple of people! please update all of us to whats going or how any of us can help!! I DON'T WANT TO SEE THIS EVENT DIE!!

There's also ardmore guys. Granted it's 1/8 mile but for a 1 year thing till another track opens up to us it might be a decent stop gap for now.

There's also ardmore guys. Granted it's 1/8 mile but for a 1 year thing till another track opens up to us it might be a decent stop gap for now.
To add to that idea, if it is desired to move it to an 660' track, I have very good connections with NorthStar Dragway that is located north of Denton, Texas. It is essentially only about an hour further south of the old location of Thunder Valley in Noble. I can put whomever has been taking charge of this event in touch with the right people there if needed. I think the window is closing rapidly on moving this event and making it successful for all involved if it is going to happen.

With all that being said, I think Tulsa would be a very nice 1320' to move the event if the Ark does not work out. No matter what, thanks to everyone who have been working so hard to keep this event alive!

Update from Mark Schackelford

Ok fellas. Been off the grid awhile working to solve a little dilemma with the track.....being open or not. LOL.

As of this week I have been informed we will indeed be able to run the event at Ark City. There was a fair bit of drama with the track even being open and I have much respect for the track owner Bill Wood's diligence in working toward getting the track open at all this season. It has been one hit after another for him and me. I think I actually started getting some grey hairs over this deal(gasp). However, throughout it all he has been willing to honor a contract I signed with someone in February when Mr. Woods health was forcing him to step away, who was purchasing the track and got rejected for other reasons. That's a stand up guy in my book. Other factors then caused some serious setbacks and I was ready to enact plan B and move the event but at the 11th.99 hour I was told to go ahead and restart promoting the event cause they will be open for us.

So, to cliff it. The event is still on. It has been moved for some of our racer's convenience regarding the nationals to October 13th. There will be test and tune on the evening of Friday the 12th. I am in the coming days gonna revamp all the fliers and hope to get those up soon as well as carpet bomb the net with info to other sites in hopes to have a large turnout of racers to make this a great event.

I humbly apologize for any inconvenience and worries this may have brought on. I too was on pins and needles waiting with the rest of you.

Thanks, Mark Shackelford(mrstage1)​