*** 2011 Rules VOTING HERE! ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to go to reynolds but 1100 miles away & coming up real soon probably won't happen this year. It's been a REAL slow winter for business. Maybe next year.

Is this over the 67 weight break? What is the fastest anyone's been with a 67? 9.80? 9.50? Like you said Jason, it's still just a proposal anyways. I don't really see someone coming in with a 67 car running 8's. The ratings don't mean alot till someone runs the number. The 71's have made more like 900hp to the tire so it seems.

I'm running a 70 & plan on racing some this year.

Apparently, instead of trying to help the class and increase participation a few racers have decided to basically threaten to stop racing and try to kill the class without even placing a vote. Hopefully this isn't the case and we can all have some fun racing since that is what has been said over and over again in the past. "We just race for fun".

I plan on racing and having fun and getting more sponsors to pay out some money to the racers that participate.

Apparently, instead of trying to help the class and increase participation a few racers have decided to basically threaten to stop racing and try to kill the class without even placing a vote. Hopefully this isn't the case and we can all have some fun racing since that is what has been said over and over again in the past. "We just race for fun".

I plan on racing and having fun and getting more sponsors to pay out some money to the racers that participate.

And what part of the country are these guys from? I can only guess.....

I can't speak for anyone else, but we are not trying to kill the class. We are not voting on anything that we have voted on in the past. I don't know why you are worried about us not racing. From the looks of all the people that have voted in this thread, it looks like you will have the biggest turnout in TSM in years. As for the 67, we might buy into that if we were not testing with one of the smaller 67's. Those 67's are making some good power, a weight break for them is not needed. There is no current rule keeping the 67 from running in TSM. If someone has to buy parts to compete on this level, then that is the way it is, that simple. In your PM last night you said that we want other people to buy parts but we don't want to spend money on the Banana.

Well here is a list of things we are doing to the banana this winter.
Driveshaft (remember we lost this at BG)
Rebuild motor
all aluminium & billet parts in the trans
Ford 9"
AMS1000
New brake system
new plenum
tires
vaccum pump

Don't think Tim is affraid to spend a little money.

This is about keeping the core rules of TSM intact. I think it say alot about what is going on here that the regular TSM racers that attend most of the races have not participated in this thread.

I tried to keep this in PM, but you kept posting up what I was PM'ing, so here is my PM back.

I can't speak for anyone else, but we are not trying to kill the class. We are not voting on anything that we have voted on in the past. I don't know why you are worried about us not racing. From the looks of all the people that have voted in this thread, it looks like you will have the biggest turnout in TSM in years. As for the 67, we might buy into that if we were not testing with one of the smaller 67's. Those 67's are making some good power, a weight break for them is not needed. There is no current rule keeping the 67 from running in TSM. If someone has to buy parts to compete on this level, then that is the way it is, that simple. In your PM last night you said that we want other people to buy parts but we don't want to spend money on the Banana.

Rebuild motor
Ford 9"
AMS1000
New brake system
new plenum
tires
vaccum pump

This is about keeping the core rules of TSM intact. I think it say alot about what is going on here that the regular TSM racers that attend most of the races have not participated in this thread.

I tried to keep this in PM, but you kept posting up what I was PM'ing, so here is my PM back.

I understand what your saying Ronnie....but I also see the other side... You possibly gain several cars in TSM and I dont know of a single car that is running a 67 that can touch your car. Even the THS car that you work on cant touch the yellow car and its according to your other comments it is or one of the fastest out there. I hope that you guys keep racing b/c I think that you and Tim have hit on some speed. I honestly dont think that you have anything to worry about. But thats my opinion. I believe that the yellow car can put all of the possible 67s on the trailer, but again thats my opinion.

Lets open the down pipe and make some noise, JUST IF YOU HAVE A KICK OUT WITH A CAP YOU CAN REMOVE TO HAVE A OPEN EXH. EXIT.

Rebuild motor
Ford 9"
AMS1000
New brake system
new plenum
tires
vaccum pump

All we have to do is vote. Don't understand why some don't understand that. In your PM you said Quote :

Your 4 hard core TSM guy's down 4 sure now. You better think real hard about this unless your trying to get rid of us anyway.
Besides georgia we have only missed two events since 06 that we can think of. We had to get a turbo to play so we don't feel sorry for anybody else that has too. Same goes with a trans and anything else that it might take to be competitive.
We have a ths car so we will still be there having fun.

btw, your reply's to Tim were like you guy's say Kip reply's. We all thought that was funny.
Good luck with your new class

This looks like you are speaking for others too since you do not personally race in TSM? No?

Haven't quite figured out why you keep dowing the class when someone is stepping up to help raise some money, including my own money, for the Racers. I'm not trying to get rid of any racers. I'm trying to open this up for more racers. Since you aren't a TSM racer, I'm assuming you are talking on Tim's behalf in this conversation so I will say this. IF you decide not to race it is your choice. The payouts will still happen and with the times Tim runs and his R/T he would most likely be in the money at every race he attends.

When you don't vote don't expect it to go your way. Right now we have had several that have voted against the 67 turbo proposal, so it still hasn't been decided at this point.

V6RACER Still a few that haven't spoken up. Scott Claridge Steve Sullivan Adam Calcote Phil Mcgloin[/QUOTE said:
Are those the only people on your list who have not voted?

Thanks, Kip

Status
Not open for further replies.