*** 2011 Rules VOTING HERE! ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

V6RACER

The true 8 Second 109!
Ok, Since no one else is adding anything I think we are at a point where we need to vote and get started for 2011. Here are the items that were brought up for votes this year. Items that are not going to be changed for 2011 are the weights just to keep the same records and ET stats. Turbo sizes will be measured by the measuring rings that were created for TSM (71.5mm inducer, 103.5mm exducer) if protested.

1. Allow 295/55 radial

2. Allow Rack n Pinion steering

3. $250 protest rule turbo and $500 tear down rule for anything else

4. Allow stock location electric water pumps

5. 67 or smaller Turbo - iron heads 3300 lbs/aluminum heads 3450

6. Any type of ignition (DIS,Distributor,COP)

7. Any size downpipe

8. Any size exhaust exits in stock location

Please direct any questions to my email jwracing2479 @ gmail.com *take the spaces out*

Please vote here with your Name and vote or email me with your name and your vote.

Deadline: Jan 31, 2011
When at least 70% of past two year racers votes are cast,
I will get these votes tallied up and put together and new rules posted.

WOW, i really like that 67 and smaller turbo weight idea. I think it would bring a higher car count for people that dont fit in other classes due to transmission or fiberglass hoods. Hope it makes it in.

1. Allow 295/55 radial.......yes

2. Allow Rack n Pinion steering.......no

3. $250 protest rule turbo and $500 tear down rule for anything else.....no for turbo yes for anything else

4. Allow stock location electric water pumps....no

5. 67 or smaller Turbo - iron heads 3300 lbs/aluminum heads 3450....hell yes!

6. Any type of ignition (DIS,Distributor,COP)....yes

7. Any size downpipe.....yes

8. Any size exhaust exits in stock location......yes

The 67 rule is cool. That would give my car another class to race in with my current setup. I think the iron head wieght should be 3350 or make the aluminum head 3400 if it matters.

1. Allow 295/55 radial.......yes

2. Allow Rack n Pinion steering.......no

3. $250 protest rule turbo and $500 tear down rule for anything else.......yes

4. Allow stock location electric water pumps....no

5. 67 or smaller Turbo - iron heads 3300 lbs/aluminum heads 3450....hell yes!

6. Any type of ignition (DIS,Distributor,COP)....yes

7. Any size downpipe.....yes

8. Any size exhaust exits in stock location......yes

That sounds right!

Oh, do I get to vote?:cool:

The 67 rule is cool. That would give my car another class to race in with my current setup. I think the iron head wieght should be 3350 or make the aluminum head 3400 if it matters.

Kevin, Thanks for your input. I went over all the scenarios on allowing 67 turbos and this is what I came up with to make it as fair as possible. Knowing what I know about the performance of a 67mm turbo so far it looks like a great setup. I had to keep the 150lb spread on this. Hopefully we will get some more people involved that aren't legal for other classes.. (ie th400, 9" rear, etc)

ON the tear down rule, to minimize any drama at the races with teardowns, please vote yes or no. This will keep everyone focused on racing but allow for inspection if some one runs away with anything.

Kevin, Thanks for your input. I went over all the scenarios on allowing 67 turbos and this is what I came up with to make it as fair as possible. Knowing what I know about the performance of a 67mm turbo so far it looks like a great setup. I had to keep the 150lb spread on this. Hopefully we will get some more people involved that aren't legal for other classes.. (ie th400, 9" rear, etc)

ON the tear down rule, to minimize any drama at the races with teardowns, please vote yes or no. This will keep everyone focused on racing but allow for inspection if some one runs away with anything.

That's a tough one. I'd like to see a no cost turbo tear down but a engine tear down that could cost the accuser money. The turbo tear down will or could be very important if the 67s are let into the class with a wieght break.

1. Allow 295/55 radial...YES

2. Allow Rack n Pinion steering...YES

3. $250 protest rule turbo and $500 tear down rule for anything else...YES..YES...YES

4. Allow stock location electric water pumps...YES

5. 67 or smaller Turbo - iron heads 3300 lbs/aluminum heads 3450...YES

6. Any type of ignition (DIS,Distributor,COP)...YES

7. Any size downpipe ...YES

8. Any size exhaust exits in stock location...YES

From what I have seen the turbo protest must have a fee with it.... or I will just protest Kevin B's turbo every race... he is sneaky sneaky...;) j/k I hope.

And yes I ran TSM in TB Nationals, BG, Reynolds...:)

I'm kinda lost here are you guy's starting your own class or stealing one? That seems to be a trend around here anymore.

1. yes

2. yes

3. yes

4. yes

5. yes

6. yes

7. yes

8. yes

One thing like to say is on the turbo protest on a car first one is free, after that it cost ya just a thought .

I'm kinda lost here are you guy's starting your own class or stealing one? That seems to be a trend around here anymore.

There is no "you guys" I'm trying to get this Class back going with Points Series, Payouts/Sponsors, and more car count.

What do you want?

One thing like to say is on the turbo protest on a car first one is free, after that it cost ya just a thought .

I really don't think the turbo will be an issue as I don't see anyone setting any new records with the current turbo rules. So instead of turbo protests, we'll be racing!!

I think that once something has been voted down it should not be brought back up everytime. I think the 67 turbo thing is a bad idea we had to buy a 71. Nobody gave us a weight brake for that 70 and the 67 makes as much horse if not more.

I think that once something has been voted down it should not be brought back up everytime. I think the 67 turbo thing is a bad idea we had to buy a 71. Nobody gave us a weight brake for that 70 and the 67 makes as much horse if not more.

We only vote every other year with current rules and these are not my proposals. These are the Racer's proposals. Anyone that has raced in TSM can vote no on any of these items. I am trying to get more interest in this class and pay money out of my pocket to see it succeed. In the Points Series post you will see that I want to make sure every TSM Points racer will have the opportunity to win their money back. I plan on providing t-shirts to all the Points Series racers. Minimum payouts will be in affect for every TSM race.

The way this should be handled is send out email ballets to the qualified voters to vote privately.The votes should then be tallied by a non bias party.I dont know who would be qualified to vote .I have not raced since 06 so im out but i would think anyone who raced the class in the last 2 years would be a start.Good luck just my 2 cents.I like some of the ideas to open up more interest

The way this should be handled is send out email ballets to the qualified voters to vote privately.The votes should then be tallied by a non bias party.I dont know who would be qualified to vote .I have not raced since 06 so im out but i would think anyone who raced the class in the last 2 years would be a start.Good luck just my 2 cents.I like some of the ideas to open up more interest

Thanks Bob, unfortunately I do not have all the email addresses for the racers for the past two years, as well I do not have the ability to make a fancy online voting form. I have PM'd all the racers I could find to point them to the vote thread. I am keeping records of every vote but not posting individual votes online. There are two ways to vote, on this post or by email if you didn't want to in this post. I am printing all of the email votes incase there are any questions. Open book policy.

Also, I would love to have another racer that plans on attending most/all the events to step up to help with sponsors/rules etc.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.