2011 Hot Rod Power Tour -- WHOS GOING ??

I might go from Nashville to Muskegon if I can get the in laws to keep the kids for a few days. Don't know about driving the GN from Florida to Michigan.

I would be awesome to see a bunch of turbo Buicks.

If its done which it probably won't be.

I am geeked though since I am 45 minutes from Muskegon and would do the last couple of legs. Maybe go down to Indy and join if I have vacation left after the family Florida vacation next week...

Is the route typically expressways or 2 lanes?

Route ?

Is the route typically expressways or 2 lanes?

Its mostly 2 way back roads.. very little highway. Last year they chose some great roads... fun twisty ones. But you can opt to just take the highway to the next stop, a lot of people do.

My girlfriend and I are totally in. We've even booked all of the return hotels from Florida up to Michigan. We live in upper Minnesota, so we've got quite a drive. Hopefully the Trans Am makes it all that way!

I can't wait, I want to try to do the whole thing this year. so I am calling out jdpolzin and turbonut, who's going with me? we neeed to get some rooms or were sleeping in our cars, or at some camp site where jdpolzin will pick up 14yr olds or some random guy.

we miss you phill. :D

I can't wait, I want to try to do the whole thing this year. so I am calling out jdpolzin and turbonut, who's going with me? we neeed to get some rooms or were sleeping in our cars, or at some camp site where jdpolzin will pick up 14yr olds or some random guy.

we miss you phill. :D

I alredy told you I'm in......not sure if my liver can take the whole trip...:eek:...but I'm goin for a few stops for sure. You gonna be able to do any smoky burnouts this time?? ...or are you gonna let Polzin break your s#!t again?? :biggrin:

Where, oh where is Phillip??????????????? Vodka/Red Bull anyone?? ;)

I should be ready for some Smokey burn outs. I have to keep it under control. i suppose when we get closer to home they will pick up but when we get away they will taper off.

last year we drove home and wanted to go back

Do you need to register for this or can you just show up and cruise?

What are the benifits of registration?

You need to register to get in the show. If you are doing 3 or more showes you should do the long hauler it's better and saves you $5 or so.

To you who have made hotel reservations which hotels are you guys staying in? I am going from Nashville to Muskegan (spelling). I will have my father in law following me in his 87 Monte Aerocoupe/ ugly @ss car. I called a couple hotels in Nashville asking about their parking lots to see if the car is safe in the lot and none would say their lots had security. I trust no one! People want what you have as long as they can get it for free i.e. stealing it.

I just want to stay somewhere that is fairly safe for my car and the father in laws car. I know places to stay in Indy but I live 50 miles from there. I could drive home and sleep in my own bed. Around the track is not the best neighborhood. Brownsburg is the best bet for you who are looking for a hotel in Indy. It is about 10 minutes from the track and it is easy in and easy out. It's a straight shot in to the track.

Im thinking about bringing the gn and my buddys monte and my three car hauler and offer hauls to the next stop for any of us that break down along the way!!!! I hope the car will be done and ill have made enough $$ to afford the fuel lol!!! Ill park my car on my hauler and sleep in it at night like i do any other time lol!!!!

Parking

Last year was my first Power Tour and I was super nervous about that too... but there are so many cars at each hotel and each city I saw police patrols regularly going through the hotel lots. I am super paranoid about my car, and seeing that helped me sleep better. I didnt find a single hotel that had security... except the last one in Moblie had their own parking garage.

GN gal, have you said anything to Christy (Mrs Fastnasty) and Kyle about going? If you haven't I will send them a pm and try to talk them into it. I meet up with them some in the summer.

=]

I havent asked her yet... yeah, def check and see, i would LOVE to have another gal to hang and cruise with. Last year I only saw one other gal driving a newer Dodge... everyone else was "a wife" or a "girlfriend" of the driver. Us gals need to step up to the plate and show everyone that this isnt just a guys hobby!

GNGAL: Hopefully we'll catch up with you on the Tour this year. A friend and I spoke with you at the Jefferson Barracks car show last year.

We are leaving early Thursday morning for Florida, doing the Long Haul this year.

=]

GNGAL: Hopefully we'll catch up with you on the Tour this year. A friend and I spoke with you at the Jefferson Barracks car show last year.

We are leaving early Thursday morning for Florida, doing the Long Haul this year.

Are you driving straight there or staying somewhere half way ? I may cruise down there with ya if you want company. =]

I would like to do the long haul. I guess the rest of the crew dosent. So I am wondering where Buick people are staying. If I could get phone numbers to hotels in the area of the events, that would be great. Last year some people we knew booked hotels in the wrong state. Don't want to do that.

In Nashville I found Hotel Indigo for $150 a night with a secure parking garage. Inkjet you are better of staying either in Brownsburg which is 5 to 10 miles from IMS (the track) or you can stay downtown. Don't stay in Speedway which is where the track is. Not the greatest of areas. I live 50 miles west of Indy but I will stay in Brownsburg. There are plenty of hotels around Indy because of the track. Before you book in indy you might want to ask about the area first. The west side is not a good area. Either downtown or north or south and of course Brownsburg is just west or I-74. I haven't looked into muskegan yet.