2009 Southern Buick Shootout Reynolds, GA

I think this topic has gotten a little out of hand. Tone it down a little everyone...

Keep uping the prize money. It will bring out the best of the best!

Good luck!

Thank you Shane, back to bidness..... Wonder if we could pull enough funds to bring a little West Coast action to the mix??

LET miKE THE wuussyy come play I.ll take the difference in the tree. H;s been triiiiing evverry rracce to race . Let him race hand then will do if he;s GILLET. l NOT SCARED COME OON Mike

Let me publically state that my post back to Casper was joking around!! I know him personally and I have a lot of respect for him. Looking at his post I assumed that maybe he was under the influence of something when he typed that post , and I wanted him to verify his statement that he was good with racing againt me if I was willing to give that .5 spot.

I certainly did not mean to offend my friend - especially one of the few people who has spoken out in favor of letting me race at these events

Sincerly sorry!!!!! Mike:cool:

Let me publically state that my post back to Casper was joking around!! I know him personally and I have a lot of respect for him. Looking at his post I assumed that maybe he was under the influence of something when he typed that post , and I wanted him to verify his statement that he was good with racing againt me if I was willing to give that .5 spot.

I certainly did not mean to offend my friend - especially one of the few people who has spoken out in favor of letting me race at these events

Sincerly sorry!!!!! Mike:cool:

I know that Mike, I have known Tramp a long time. Maybe we should bring the Octagon to Reynolds and let you and Trampess duke it out. I got $20 on you for a submission hold in round 3!

The Octagon has been joked about so much over the years someone is going to show up with one once;)

I know that Mike, I have known Tramp a long time. Maybe we should bring the Octagon to Reynolds and let you and Trampess duke it out. I got $20 on you for a submission hold in round 3!

Sydwyndr, You better get your $20.00 back , I wouldnt make it to the 3rd round!!!!

Question for you!! Yesterday when Turbo-t posted the rules for the Big Gun shootout in BG with a 3000# MINIMUM and I pointed out what a mistake that was , you quickly jumped in there in support of the 3000# rule (quote "I think thats a great idea"). Shortly thereafter that post totally disappeared off the site , and a few hours later the new rules with no minimum weight appeared.

Just wondering , since you guys thought it was such a great idea , if there is going to be a 3000# weight limit at your (Big Gun Shootout at Silver Dollar) race??
Thanks in advance Mike:cool:

Sydwyndr, You better get your $20.00 back , I wouldnt make it to the 3rd round!!!!

Question for you!! Yesterday when Turbo-t posted the rules for the Big Gun shootout in BG with a 3000# MINIMUM and I pointed out what a mistake that was , you quickly jumped in there in support of the 3000# rule (quote "I think thats a great idea"). Shortly thereafter that post totally disappeared off the site , and a few hours later the new rules with no minimum weight appeared.

Just wondering , since you guys thought it was such a great idea , if there is going to be a 3000# weight limit at your (Big Gun Shootout at Silver Dollar) race??
Thanks in advance Mike:cool:

I don't think so Mike, Originally I was unaware about the no weight limit being there with Conleys race for all those years as I never entered or had the money. Bobby is fronting ALL of the money for this race and he was looking for a way to protect his investment. What would be the purpose of someone that runs mid/low 8's trying to run against someone that runs low 7/high 6's because we all know that high 6's can be done. However upon further consideration that takes the "essence" of what the class was all about which is the "fastest buick doorslammers" in the world. Obviously you cant expect a 2200lb car to ballast 800lbs of weight. that is itself is unsafe and NHRA/IHRA wont allow such ballast in most cases. Can't blame someone for trying to make the rules to help influence other racers feel as if they have a shot of winning some big money. With that being said we made the decision to completely erase the post from yesterday and just start over, that is MUCH EASIER than trying to make corrections to a post that had mis-information on it. The reason for my support is to make the field alot tighter in ET than it may be with no weight limit. I support whatever Bobby decides to do because HE is putting up the money with great Trophies for the winner and runner-up. Cant blame someone for trying to protect their investment especially the way things are right now. But if your not trying to make changes and try something new then why even bother?? SO best of luck to all that enter this year and I hope everyone has fun and does so safely. I hope that makes sense to you Mike. We are gonna see that dragster this yr at BG right??

I hope that means that there will be no minimum weight at your race also , if Im reading this correctly?? Otherwise it will seriously impact your turnout , because most of the real fast cars are way under that 3000# weight.

I wish you guys all the best!! I also wish that something could be worked out to allow me to race against some of my heros at this type of event!!

I may just be at your event in another car to try to take Bobbys money.

Yesterday for about 3-4 hours there were a lot of people including me that were cancelling plans to go to BG. Today its back on!! Good chance Ill bring the dragster to BG since Ill be there anyway. Heck maybe Ill match race Freeman and see if I can keep up:eek: Mike:cool:

When you say "your" race you mean the Bobby's race for the big gun at Reynolds. The rules from BG will carry to Reynolds no problemo. I also believe they will carry over to Norwalk as I understand it. I think this is going to become a series race per Bobby. I could be wrong, dont quote me on that one.

When you say "your" race you mean the Bobby's race for the big gun at Reynolds. The rules from BG will carry to Reynolds no problemo. I also believe they will carry over to Norwalk as I understand it. I think this is going to become a series race per Bobby. I could be wrong, dont quote me on that one.

That would be great!! Look me up at BG!! Looking forward to it!! mike:cool:

Guys this date is fast approaching. I can't wait to see everone there for this event. Also I need for the sponsors that have not done so already please contact Holly and send in your sponsorship/contingency monies asap... This will be the first test of the Heads-up Index classes. I wish everyone well and please have fun at the Southern Buick Shootout 2009!!:cool:

Guys this date is fast approaching. I can't wait to see everyone there for this event. Also I need for the sponsors that have not done so already please contact Holly and send in your sponsorship/contingency monies asap... This will be the first test of the Heads-up Index classes. I wish everyone well and please have fun at the Southern Buick Shootout 2009!!:cool:

Clint not to step on your toes, but don't forget to preregister folks & save yourself some hard earned $$$.

Southern Buick Shootout ~ Reynolds

Hey Guys,

Clint is right....this Event is approaching fast and time is running out to Pre-register. The Event Dates are NOVEMBER 6th & 7th !! We must receive your pre-registration forms and payment by October 20th. If you need a Pre-registration form, drop me a PM and I will be happy to email one to you.

This event will be Bigger and More Exciting than ever!:biggrin:

I have already received sponsorship funds from Several Companies, so the payouts are going to be "Sweet!":cool:

If you need anymore information, you may contact me by PM or give me a call at 321-722-1563.

Those of you wishing to be a Sponsor for this event, please contact me ASAP, we are working on the Event T-shirt and ALL Sponsors will be on the back of the Event T-shirt!! Get me your money and logo ASAP!

Remember, this event is in NOVEMBER when Temperatures are Cooler and Turbo Cars Run FASTER!!!

Look Forward to seeing everyone in Reynolds!

Holly Hartline
Hartline Performance

Excues my ignorance, but I've never run my Buick in a class before. Are there any classes I could qualify for? I don't think the car is fast enough for a heads up class, maybe I can shoot for index racing?

How strict are they up there with tech?

Thanks guys

Excues my ignorance, but I've never run my Buick in a class before. Are there any classes I could qualify for? I don't think the car is fast enough for a heads up class, maybe I can shoot for index racing?

Thanks guys

This event should have something for Everyone. I am sure there is a class your car will fit in! As far as Tech, in my opinion, they are not too strict...BUT I would like to get some input from some of our racers from previous years! So guys that have Raced at Reynolds, please put your input out here about the tech. Thanks!!
I know the owners of the track Dorothy and Ed are NOT Strict on the Cookouts and Partying!!!!:biggrin: So plan one having some fun every evening after racing!!! And I know there are several racers out there that can agree with me!!:wink:

I also know SEVERAL Racers that have ran their BEST ET at this track and Several have SET RECORDS at this track......So come run your Best ET!

Come have fun!
Holly Hartline
Hartline Performance

This event should have something for Everyone. I am sure there is a class your car will fit in! As far as Tech, in my opinion, they are not too strict...BUT I would like to get some input from some of our racers from previous years! So guys that have Raced at Reynolds, please put your input out here about the tech. Thanks!!
I know the owners of the track Dorothy and Ed are NOT Strict on the Cookouts and Partying!!!!:biggrin: So plan one having some fun every evening after racing!!! And I know there are several racers out there that can agree with me!!:wink:

I also know SEVERAL Racers that have ran their BEST ET at this track and Several have SET RECORDS at this track......So come run your Best ET!

Come have fun!
Holly Hartline
Hartline Performance

I can't speak to as how strict tech is as this will be my first year to bring the car, but the cookouts and parties ROCK! It's a very relaxed atmosphere and everybody has a blast, at least until the golf cart freestyle event starts anyway :eek: :biggrin:

I can't speak to as how strict tech is as this will be my first year to bring the car, but the cookouts and parties ROCK! It's a very relaxed atmosphere and everybody has a blast, at least until the golf cart freestyle event starts anyway :eek: :biggrin:

Okay Adam, enough said about the Golf Cart Event! I don't think I will EVER hear the end of it! :eek: No more details posted, AGREED!!! :wink:

Holly

Thanks guys

Doug, actually the Index and heads-up classes are one in the same. By your sig. you can run the 12.49 and/or 11.49 heads up index class. Think of it as a mini TSM of sorts except you CAN run too fast so be careful... Alot of the THS cars if they decide to join us can run any of the index classes. Don't forget you can enter more than 1 class at a time however you are responsible for making the round call. This is the first time that there has been any index Buick racing that I am aware of. Its going to make for a good time. I can say that your ability to leave the starting line with the reaction time is critical to good index racing. Any more questions please feel free to contact me, If you need a pre-registration sheet please let Holly know but Cal and Holly aren't handling the racing portion of this race so any questions you or anyone need answering feel free to let me know.