2009 Southern Buick Shootout Reynolds, GA

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
For those that are wondering here it is. Reynolds GA is going to happen and here is the official date. November 6th and 7th 2009. We have alot of good ideas that are GOING to happen at this event. If anyone has suggestions please let me know as I am the official Race Director for this event working with Cal and Holly to make this happen for you guys and gals. Place this in your Calendars. If anyone has a suggestion please get with me via PM or email so we can discuss details. I can tell you that this WILL BE a points series race for both TSO and TSM. IF there is interest there will be other buick classes as well. I am currently speaking with Richard Clark / ZDDPlus as sponsorship for a possible TSA class. If any vendors are willing to help sponsor this event your company logo will be posted on the net as well as the event flyer, Also Scot W. will be on hand to shoot videos for an event DVD that will include all sponsors. This is going to be an exciting time for everyone and you will see some classes that you have not seen around the Buick community. Also tell all your Oldsmobile and Pontiac frinds to support us as ALL B.O.P cars are welcome. There will also be a bracket race put together for all makes (including dragsters :cool: ). I look forward to hearing ideas from racers / vendors to make this event spectacular!! More details to come....

Clint

BTW.. how do you like the event header?? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Attachments

• header.jpg
    header.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,452
How many people want to try to put together a TAI class!!!!

1 vote here!

thanks JD

How many people want to try to put together a TAI class!!!!

1 vote here!

thanks JD

No problems with TAI JD however we MUST HAVE no less than 8 cars pre-register for the event. Pre-registration forms will be available soon once we
determine payout for each category. If not im sure you will be able to run the heads-up / index class that we are having. Not about how fast your car is but how good a driver you are... Can you handle it??:D :D

Very Cool! I will be there!!!

Thanks to everyone, especially Cal and Holly, for all the work to keep this event going. Last year I only got to sponsor, this year I will be racing as well !!!

No problems with TAI JD however we MUST HAVE no less than 8 cars pre-register for the event. Pre-registration forms will be available soon once we
determine payout for each category. If not im sure you will be able to run the heads-up / index class that we are having. Not about how fast your car is but how good a driver you are... Can you handle it??:D :D

Clint TurboBuick will be a sponsor! I will get up with you for details...

We are thinking about entering a car in TAI so if we get it done you can put us down for that and TSM!

If the lord gives me the ability we will have the Big Car back and ready too!

I stuck this thread!

Thanks to Mr. Clark, Clint, Cal and Holly!

Already have my pre register sheet, got from Holly at Bradenton Event.

So let's get this Party Started!!!!!

thanks JD

How about a hybrid class?

At this time we feel we have enough classes to keep the day going smoothly. Adding too many classes will dilute the racing field fairly heavily. There definately will be a class for any car to race in.

Thanks!

Event

I can tell you that the number of classes are going to depend on racer participation. These are several classes that are set in stone: TSO,TSM, and heads up/pro tree index racing for 12.49, 11.49, and 10.49 cars. There are currently 2 other Buick specific classes in negotiations if we have enough pre-registration and they are TAI as well as TSA. I know there are lots of talk about wanting to run certain classes however we will need pre-registration to make it viable to run the remaining classes. The point of getting the out early is to bring enough of a following to make this event better than ever. Please keep bringing suggestions and what you can do to make it work and I will definately take them into consideration.

Pre-registration forms will be available no later than April 1st.

Thanks!!

I like the idea of the Index classes! No silly rules on turbo's, Intercoolers, aftermarket engine management, FINALLY a class with very little rules that "ANYONE" can race there car in and have some fun... ;)

Scot W.

I like the idea of the Index classes! No silly rules on turbo's, Intercoolers, aftermarket engine management, FINALLY a class with very little rules that "ANYONE" can race there car in and have some fun... ;)

Scot W.

Exactly the point. You can take a STOCK car with maybe tires and a little boost with race gas or alky and be very, very competitive. This class is setup for those who like a heads up format however don't have the money in a car to run in TSM or don't feel as if they would be competitive in TSA, TAI, or whatever class. This will be very interesting to say the least. The point is to have fun and not worry so much about pushing their cars to the limit or beyond. We already have 8 sponsors for the Southern Buick Shootout and welcome them and many more to come. If you are interested in sponsoring this event feel free to contact me and we will make it happen!

Double entry

Don't forget folks you CAN double enter in Reynolds. So if a TAI car wants to enter the index racing go for it. You just have to be sure you make the round call.

wow .. goin to have to see if there is a TAI class!!! will it be a heads up or "bracket" crap ?? if it's brackets Ill stay in Florida and go to the beach for an extra week :p just goin up there to "gawk" :D

wow .. goin to have to see if there is a TAI class!!! will it be a heads up or "bracket" crap ?? if it's brackets Ill stay in Florida and go to the beach for an extra week :p just goin up there to "gawk" :D

We hope there is a TAI class. Still working on that one. No bracket in the Buick specific classes. Heads up / pro tree first to the finish line. I am also trying to work it to pay back 3 places: Winner, R/U, and Semis. Still TRYING at this point, nothing definate.