2009 Nissan Skyline R35 GTR Twin Turbo

PsYcHo GN

Member Extraordinaire
They've unveiled the R35 GT-R Skyline at the Tokyo autoshow. It's supposed to be at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November.

0-60mph - 3.5 sec :eek:
1/4 mile - 11.7 :eek:

Under $80K

Can you imagine how quick it will be with the plethora of aftermarket goodies that will be available?!?!?

r35gtr.com :: View topic - ** GT-R Unveiled **

Turbocharged 3.8 V6, why choose that engine, they should have put a 350 in it with a Holley double pumper, those things are fast.

Nice ride

If I was goin to get a Teriyaki chicken bowl with lot of rice that would be the car. Long time coming ,they finally made a car that passes the EPA's stringent import rules. Pushin almost 500 ponys and 400+lbs of torque all wheel drive. It will be in that Market range that the Z06 is in and they did that purposely. Seems like most Musclecar guys say , if they came out of the closet and said they like rice it would be a Skyline GTR. I wouldn't be ashamed to have one in the driveway twin turbo high-tech vehicle that handles the straights and sticks to curves like white on rice and has brakes that actually stops not just slow you down, heck sounds like 70 thousand dollars worth of fun. Once the fun wore off there is still the tried and true turbocharged-grandpappy of them all a LC2 equipped Buick

Strange looking car in my opinion. In some photos it looks gorgeous and in others, not so much. Not a big fan of the front end, the rear is pretty close to the classic Skyline though.

Can't argue with that powertrain though...

Attachments

• 1111.jpg
    1111.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 414
Strange looking car in my opinion. In some photos it looks gorgeous and in others, not so much. Not a big fan of the front end, the rear is pretty close to the classic Skyline though.

I'll have to agree with you. It looks like a bunch of different cars (reminds me of a cross between the G35 and 350Z with a Mitsubishi Eclipse front end).

The interior is rather sylish. It looks like it's a very well-rounded car, especially for the price.

It will compete with the high-dollar supercars for double and triple the cost of the GT-R. If you upgrade the turbos and add Alky, no street car will be able to touch you.

I personally don't care for the exterior styling of the car, but the powerplant and performance sound great! I would much rather see this motor in a G35 or better yet an older R32 Skyline. In any event, I'm sure it will be scary fast when the aftermarket gets its hands on it!

Yea, I'm not feelen that rear side window. The car flows real smooth till it hits that side window. Looks like a meaner 350z but the design will certainly change quite a bit over the next couple of years I would think.

I understand why they went with the boxier look because the original Skyline had that Nissan 240z look to it that was very boxie looking. It needs a rounder look to keep up with newer car models. Its not really a classic like the GN is. With a GN you want that boxie look cause thats would the original look was. I would not want to see a GN of the future looking like an original 87. It would look corney. I would want to see a badass newer futureristic looking gn with TT's. But thats just my prefrence. That thing should make some silly HP once they are tweaked with aftermaket stuff. I wonder how much AWHP that tranny will hold? kool car tho 4sure.

I understand why they went with the boxier look because the original Skyline had that Nissan 240z look to it that was very boxie looking. It needs a rounder look to keep up with newer car models.

Reading your post made me realize what I don't like about the car. They tried to combine the classic "box" styling with newer-era styling curves but they ended up somewhere in between, and that's why it looks goofy. The rear is squared-away but then you get up front and the nose looks sleek like a 350Z. They should have either gone all-out with curves or stuck to the classic styling.

Also not a fan of how the front fender is flared out but the rear quarter panel is smooth. Looks like a ricer with a wide-body kit installed only on the front half of the car.

Looking at the side of the car, the shape of the windows is strange and the roof-line looks goofy for some reason as well.

Sure cant see those turbos! You think it will be able to produce as much power as the supra engines?

Not bad looking ,but I like the older style.......... whats the price to make it drivable in the US:eek:

forget aftermarket parts. it probably has a pair of garrett ball bearing gt28r. imo that car should be worth near 700 bhp without lag with stock parts.

I agree the aftermarket is going to have these cars Screaming! Some very cool features like the electronically locking rear end. But, what is it with Nissan and producing a car that looks impossible to work on!? That intake looks similiar to the Z's of the 90's and shop rate calls for over 5 hours to replace valve cover gaskets!:eek:

It's nice and all, but the '09 Vette looks better imo. Especially with 600+hp and speeds of 200+mph;)
corvette.f34.500.jpg

Also interested to see how that AWD holds up considering those motors are notorious for going over 1000hp on stock internals.

That is going to be tough to beat since I bet it's street tire 60ft might be around 1.7 with an average driver.

Hopefully this car will stimulate GM to get the V6 Turbo Ecotec motor in action.

the alloytec v6 was designed for sidi and turbocharging. the problem is finding a car to put it in. the corvette is v8 only. nothing else can be as fast. a 500 hp sidi twin turbo 3.8L v6 awd caddy cts?

and this car is not meant to be worked on. it's pretty optimised from the factory - enough to make you really think hard on whether to modify it. imagine trying to port the heads. there's no room under the hood.

if this car goes to jgtc i'm sure the drivetrain is bulletproof. even the old 240sx could easily take 700 hp. it'll go like hell...and looks ugly as sin.

Many of the car rags are calling this Nissan the Porsche (911) killer. Same bang (or better) for $120K less.

I have to admit, that it has some pretty impressive numbers. But 70 grand? I like the older skylines better myself. So it's an 11 second car. Better hope you dont break anything on it. I can only IMAGINE what a new, say, starter, O2 sensor, plug wire or coil pack will cost you. Screw that car. For 5 grand or so, a grand national will beat that car down. That car, when glanced at kinda quick, looks just like yet another, all silver japanese car. When glancing thru a sea of traffic, a grand national will catch your eye quicker than ****. Everyone stops at the sinister looking all black buick. And everyone knows our reputations too.
Nice ride though.

Nice car!! I wonder if the 11.7 is a Japanese market car?? Most everything I've read about it has it in the mid 12s.More towards the base vette,rather than the ZO6.If only I didn't need to eat or have a place to live.......