2005 GTO

What do you think of the 2005 GTO?

• I love it - if I could, it would be mine.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I like it - could take it or leave it.

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • I'm not feeling it - not going to be in my garage.

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • I hate, HATE it! It's STILL not a GTO and I can't stand it.

Votes: 10 12.8%

• Total voters

Raven

Here - watch THIS!
Any thoughts on here about the slight redesign done on the '05 GTO?

I was among the first in line to boo the '04 but I gotta tell ya - I like what I see in the '05. The increase in HP, the hood and spoiler plus the other little things I'm reading about are making me change my mind 180*.

How about you?

I like. It could be my next car. Although I hope Buick come out with something better, like the Velite.

I didn't particulary like the '04 either...especially the exhaust. Has it been changed?

This car has no CHARACTER whatsoever. The LEAST GM could've done was give it SOME sort of unique feature.

If a '66 GTO appeared 1/2 mile away in your rear view mirror, you'd know IMMEDIATELY it was GTO!

If an '05 GTO were speeding away right under your nose after a bank robbery, would YOU be able to identify it?

"Late model japanese car"...
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Buick From Hell
If a '66 GTO appeared 1/2 mile away in your rear view mirror, you'd know IMMEDIATELY it was GTO!

Not if you were in 1966.

I dunno. I like that it will have the LS2 engine. I'm not sure the upgraded cosmetics really make it all that much more attractive, though I think the spoiler is decent, not too overdone.

This is kind of a funny (and good) take on the recent stint of HP wars that the manufacterers are going through.

The LS2 makes this a 400hp car and folks are talking about being turned off by looks rather than raving about the fact that GM is offering such a combination at all.

IMHO the hood does a lot to improve the looks, but the rear is still very, very plain jane. Not a bad looking car, just not very attractive. I don't doubt that the LS2 version will be a blast to drive though...

-S.

I had to stop at a Pontiac/GMC dealer because of a funny problem I've been having with my Trailblazer. While I was waiting for the service dept. to read the codes I saw an '04 GTO. Mind you, I've been out of the country since these things came out so this was literally the first one I'd seen in person.

The dealership was real quiet so naturally the dealers struck up a conversation even though I just pulled in with a brand new truck. :) It didn't catch my eye until I started looking around the outside lot where it was sitting. ALMOST MISSED IT. The '04 was as uninspiring as all the pics I had seen before. Really didn't remind me of a GTO or even a Firebird/Trans Am for that matter.

Started it up... the exhaust sounded 'ok'. Motor was actually a bit unrefined IMO. Sitting at idle, you could feel it have slight shakes and inbalances. For a 20 year old GN, I can understand that, but a new car... ??? Other gripes... drastically reduced trunk space because the gas tank had to be moved from under the trunk floor to between the trunk and back seat. :O Don't expect a convertible! Also, a very high rear parcel shelf made for poor visibility out the back. I made a comment that I can see better out the back of my Trailblazer then out the back of that sports car. I didn't take it for a test drive so I don't know how the indep. rear works. Anyways....

Looking at these 2005 pics.. they've made some chance, but it still seems somewhat bland and generic. I'm not asking for the boy ricer wing that comes with a T/A. But it clearly needs to break out of it's current shell.

The dealer I spoke to was clearly suprised that these things weren't flying off the showroom floor. No surprise here... and it may turn into the next GM flop.

Hmmm. Looks like a Pontibishiyota Eclipsaccord to me. Yawn.

Don't care if it's fast, either. I can go from zero to 130 in 6 seconds if I jump off a cliff, and I'm just as ugly.
:eek:

LOL :D

Same 5 cars on the lot of local Pontiac dealer here (suburb of Cleveland) since late spring, not good. Performance aside, the car just is'nt cool, hip, boss, sick, or what ever the term is these days, scoops, spoilers, performance, retro themes, etc. no matter, do'nt help unless the overall concept 'works' for buyers. The 64 GTO may not have been the fastest even in its time, or everyones favorite "look" , but there were approx. 32,000 on the streets that year, and went way up from there, it sold, and that matters.

If an '05 GTO were speeding away right under your nose after a bank robbery, would YOU be able to identify it?

:rolleyes:

Some might say that about our Turbo Buicks.

I like the smooth lines of the GTO. I like the hp, too. I like the stealthy look and "lack of character". I think it has serious potential for a sleeper. Do I think Pontiac should've called it something else? Yes.

Later,

Steve.

Did Pontiac buy those lund stick on scopes that you see on all those bling bling SUVs? TOO BAD!!:confused:

I have a Grand Prix GTP, and the new GTO looks a lot alike to me.
I like it, though...but not wild about it.

Its sweet that GM is finally putting corvette powerplants in other cars( (CTS-V/GTO). Share the wealth!

But hey GM, dont forget Buick!