2002 TA With built 427 LSX block Serious tuning issues. HELP

Does it make sense to pick up an extra ECM and mail out to "X" tuner to program it?

Not having any luck locally.

long story short version
The car has been to a few different tuners about 5 times and it is still running like shit. Granted there have been a few bugs that showed up but it barely idles and it backfires REAL BAD.

At this point id like to load a basic tune to at least be able to drive the car to the next NEW tuner.

I am even considering purchasing HPtuners to start playing with it myself or to at least log the problems and post them up.
OR
to buy a tune and load it myself instead of sitting around waiting for someone to do it for me.

What do you guys think?

You don't need a tuner, you need a mechanic first to diagnose what is going on with the car.

If it won't idle and its backfiring it's time to look at the cam sensor and the camshaft itself. Something is mechanically out of whack?

Where are you located?

How much $$$$ have you dropped in tuning? I dont think that my car would have made it out of their shop without a drivability test. Definitely sounds like a timing issue. Has the timing been verified?

Contact Eric Brooks at www.brooksspeed.com He is from my neck of the woods but he has moved to FL. Watched him tune a TT 03 Z06 that wouldn't idle or drive and in 4 or 5 hrs it put 922 to the tire on pump gas. He can remote tune your car wherever you are at. Tell him Doug Tatum sent you.

I'd say about $2k including transportation.

More info
Car got close to running good during a prior tuning session. It needed more fine tuning but it was running ok.
The car was taken back to the original builder for some more work and at that time the maf took a dump so the genius decided to write out the maf instead of replacing it.
After that the car has been horrible, took it to someone else to write the maf back in but was told that the cam sensor was nfg. We put in a new cam sensor and it's still running like crap.

New motor fully assembled by the machine shop.

Whatever builder/tuner you want to use just pick them and stay with them (unless they're turn out to be crappy) I think problem is sometimes too many cooks spoil the broth. If you're looking for a decent price shipper try Sean Ryder on Facebook or look up his company I believe is GB transport LLC. Good guy great prices. Sorry couldn't have been more help

You don't need a tuner, you need a mechanic first to diagnose what is going on with the car.

If it won't idle and its backfiring it's time to look at the cam sensor and the camshaft itself. Something is mechanically out of whack?

Where are you located?

This is an LS engine, not a v-sicks.
W/o a tuning tool, it's no use guessing. One can verify wiring, etc, but that's about it.
First things first:
Post the tune, and data logs. Something that HAS to be done w/ a tuning suite such as HPT or Efilive. {ASSUMING this is a stock ecm.}
W/o looking at the .tun file{s}, and the logs, one is wasting time. A custom tune will NOT be readable w/ any other tuning suite other than the one used to write/load the tune.
A speed density tune is a "COS", custom operating system. A stock based MAF tune can be accessed by either of the mentioned tune tools, PROVIDING the tuner didn't lock it.

Details on the build are essential.
What ECM do you have? LS1B, E38, E40,Gen 3, Gen 4 engine, 24 t crank? 1X cam, or 58 and 4?
Who's harness?
What operating system?
FWIW, the crank and cam sensors are fixed. No v-sicks twist and set.:bucktooth:

Your ? about a spare ECM being tuned and installed. Possible. Usually about $250.00 to do so.
There are several good mail order tuners around. Take a look on LS1 Tech.

Figured he might have had one in mind...I missed that there were only 2 remote vids. It's Monday and I missed my afternoon coffee :oops:

Afternoon coffee???? That time should be spent figuring out what the latest failure on the v-sicks is!!:D

Going to see ANOTHER tuner in 2 weeks. Wish us luck
Will also be picking up an HP Tuners unit

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Going to see ANOTHER tuner in 2 weeks.
B4 you spend more $$, verify the tuning suite used on the last tune, and ask the new tuner if he has that same tool.
Some tuners have both, and that shouldn't be an issue...But, Murphy is alive and well.

B4 you spend more $$, verify the tuning suite used on the last tune, and ask the new tuner if he has that same tool.
Some tuners have both, and that shouldn't be an issue...But, Murphy is alive and well.
Every attempt at tuning has been via HP Tuners.
Are there different HP Tuner systems?

IT looks like Murphy took a special interest in this car.

Not that I know of. I/we use EFILIVE.
Can you get the last tuner to send you the tune file, and post it up? Also, if he has any logs, them too.

I use hp tuners. If you want, send me a tune and scan of the car during its issue and I will be more than happy to look at it.

Where are you located?

I use hp tuners. If you want, send me a tune and scan of the car during its issue and I will be more than happy to look at it.

Where are you located?

we don't have an HP tuners unit
The ECM was programed using the HP tuners.

I think in the next few weeks we will either have the hp tuners or a "stand alone" system