200-R4 Transbrakes: Winners?/ Loosers?

KL Mallender

Certified Dumb****
Asside from the enivitable pissing and moaning about which is better:
Electric/Manual, Who has the proof of Wins in documentation, Whats the score? Everybody`s neighbors second cousin in law has supposedly Won with and without a transbrake, So where`s the proof, Bull###t is no longer wanted. Please include pictures of so-called Fatal usage, I will find the sick Humor useful in teaching my son why little knowledge can be dangerous to those who dare to think, and why most just follow the one in front of them.
This may very well be a landslide victory for the electric boys as the way I read it anybody using a manual transbrake is most likely dead or maimed from its usage, although I doubt it, it could have merit. Lets have it.
KLM.

ive not seen any downside to your design kevin except for the fact that the electric brake is faster to release than bumping the shifter in most cases.ive used a bunch of the manual styles and have had no parts failures at all.

Are you the one who invented the stage-right brake? The name sure sounds right. Anyway I will put in a vote for the manual style because this is what I run. I win some & lose some as far as races go but my tranny works like an atomic clock still after 600+ mid to low 10 second runs and I launch it off the trans brake every time.:D

On a rebuilds of the manual brake trannys I have found low roller inner race cracked (very rare), loose low roller clutch but they were working when they came out of the car. I have seen same on foot brake cars. I have seen maybe one blown apart over the years was a manual brake cant prove that it was related to the brake can only aSSume. They work pretty good I install them myself and much less trouble to install than the electric one I build. No failures that I can prove were caused by the tranbrake. Agree with Chris electric is faster.

There have not been any failures that i have seen in any of the trans ive worked on that had manual brakes in them related to the brake. I havent seen a problem yet with roller clutches either. The only downside as stated is the inconsistency of moving the shifter. I find it needs to be slapped. If you try and grip the shifter it may get pulled back into manual 1:eek: from the g's locking the trans after launching. Cheap, easy to install, and less can wear out or fail than an electric brake.

Wouldn't a shifter such as the B&M prostick or Hurst quarter stick reduce or eliminate the inconsistencies with the stock shifter? The prostick will positively lock into gear when slamming forward with no chance of getting pulled back into manual. FWIW, I chose a manual brake for my car based on the type of feedback given in this thread, but have yet to install it.

Ive installed a dozen or so with no failures except stock forward drums:biggrin:

FWIW There are a few people making copys of the Mallender design.
All the ones i used were the Original Stage-right units

Thanks for great product that works and is a simple install

Wouldn't a shifter such as the B&M prostick or Hurst quarter stick reduce or eliminate the inconsistencies with the stock shifter? The prostick will positively lock into gear when slamming forward with no chance of getting pulled back into manual. FWIW, I chose a manual brake for my car based on the type of feedback given in this thread, but have yet to install it.

Yes it would but most of the guys with these brakes have stock shifters.