200-4r Tools

88SS-357

Well since I love projects, why not start a new one. I've got my original 200-4r CZ SS tranny in my garage. Still worked the day I removed but I wanna learn how to build auto trannys and want to build an indestructable one to handle some future power.

What tools, besides normal hand tools and snap ring pliers, do I need? Gonna tear it down to nothing and start from scratch.

Gonna take a while but in the end, I wanna do be able to do just about everything on a car.

Your going to need a good manual like the one Chris sells. For special service tools you will need at minimum the low reverse center support removal tool. There are a few other that make it much easier such as a pump puller, direct drum holder, spring compressor, and bushing removal tools. A torque wrench will be need as well as a good dial indicator set up for checking end play and some feeler guages. A T27 torx will be needed to remove the stator support retaining bolts from the pump body. It is a great help to have a hydraulic press availabe to aid in disassembly and reassembly of certain components..