200-4R losing 1-2 shift firmness UPDATE

From the looks of it their street/strip build, which is what he got, it is just a plain rebuild with larger boost valves and a shift kit. They say right on their site that the street/strip uses "Borg & Warner clutches and 2nd gear band". I guess thats why they didn't use an Alto wide Red. They just use whatever the generic rebuilt kit comes with and slap it in.

Yes the better band is in there now. He said it is the one with the hardened anchor and 2.5 yrs ago when they built the trans that particular band was not available. Hopefully she will last forever now because I drive really hard and after 2.5 yrs if thats the only thing that went bad in the trans and we fixed the problem then we should be good to go......hopefully. My 200-4r confidence level is low again but I'm sure it will go up again.

SS-EXPRESS said:
Yes the better band is in there now. He said it is the one with the hardened anchor and 2.5 yrs ago when they built the trans that particular band was not available. Hopefully she will last forever now because I drive really hard and after 2.5 yrs if thats the only thing that went bad in the trans and we fixed the problem then we should be good to go......hopefully. My 200-4r confidence level is low again but I'm sure it will go up again.

You should be ok... the alto bands were available 2.5 years ago but honestly didn't hold up too well at the time. I broke two alto bands, one with the stretched anchor pin and the other i had a servo pin blow right through it. At the time they weren't heat treated and hardened. They seem to have them working great now as mine has been fine for quite a while. Good luck with it

JDSfastGN said:
You should be ok... the alto bands were available 2.5 years ago but honestly didn't hold up too well at the time. I broke two alto bands, one with the stretched anchor pin and the other i had a servo pin blow right through it. At the time they weren't heat treated and hardened. They seem to have them working great now as mine has been fine for quite a while. Good luck with it
I got one of them about 2.5 years ago and it was the same as the ones they sell today. Must have been right after they started making them better. Its in my friends 86 t-type which runs 10.9@127+mph at 3700lbs. It has at least 40 11.30 or under passes on it and a lot of street action at the same hp. I think it holds its own. I just put one in my transmission and illl see how it holds up in a 130+mph car. I dont think it will be any different.

bison said:
I got one of them about 2.5 years ago and it was the same as the ones they sell today. Must have been right after they started making them better. Its in my friends 86 t-type which runs 10.9@127+mph at 3700lbs. It has at least 40 11.30 or under passes on it and a lot of street action at the same hp. I think it holds its own. I just put one in my transmission and illl see how it holds up in a 130+mph car. I dont think it will be any different.

it may have been longer than 2.5 years agos, i can't remember now, but it was right when they first came out.