200-4r early shifting

TurboBuRick

Staff member
This has always been a problem with my trans. Right about the time the car starts to make power it will up shift. Very irritating. Specially on a turbo car.
The tv cable is set perfectly. It's actually a little tight for the street and it still will not hold the gear when coming into power.
I know others have the same issue. It would be nice to get a fix.

Was anyone ever in the trans?
could possibly have the wrong govenor and/or
a bad modification to the calibration in the valve body.
Dropping the pan and checking these is heading
in the right direction.

Was anyone ever in the trans?
could possibly have the wrong govenor and/or
a bad modification to the calibration in the valve body.
Dropping the pan and checking these is heading
in the right direction.

Naaa, it's all stock. :eek: LOL!

It's a Jimmy's trans. Built up pretty good.

Maybe I'll play with the governor. What do I need to do? Shave some weight off?

TIA

I wonder if he will tell him something different than what I already posted.

Get the pan off and see what code is on the Valve body and drop the govenor also and take pics of it.
Has it always been this way since you put it in or did it start doing this recently?

Get the pan off and see what code is on the Valve body and drop the govenor also and take pics of it.
Has it always been this way since you put it in or did it start doing this recently?

It's always been this way. I'll get some pics and that number. Thanks bro.:D

It is possible, but you never know :rolleyes:I know you guys are quick to Bash Dave for whatever reasons.

Dude,I have no idea who Dave is,don't think i have ever met him nor do I have any problem with him and am not part of whoever "you guys" is.

No problem , I Just see lots of east coast guys bashing him and the guy is one of the best trans builders around , just trying to help a friend out thats all.

Transmission tech forum. I think?

Heres an idea. How about the builders get in here and ask a few questions and answer a few questions so that others can benefit from the tech. This is a fairly common problem that could have several causes. With that said Otto is asking the right questions. Rick which TC are you using with this trans?