2-step for stock ignition systems

count me in for one too!! i may hafta find a different use for the DIS4 i just bought.. oh well i probably spend less on this than trying to come up with a coil interface

Once you figure out what the cost of the unit will be are you going to offer a group purchase in advance for a reduced rate to get the project flowing?

that is an interesting idea. I'm not sure if we will do something like that or not.

Considering the high amount of interest in this I need to get busy and "get 'er done"

Bob

yeah imma use a relay and wide open throttle switch so nitrous is armed and pedal is on tha floor so as soon as i let go of the tbrake button the relay drops to the normally closed pole a volia nitrous spraying as soon as the ignition comes back and wide open throttle is happening. man watching that video i cant wait to get one of these. it sounds funny being so smooth. nothing like the 3 step i used to spool my turbo vega. oooh how bout a 3 step for the pre stage on tha brake and then a tbrake final ramp at full stage lol. i know i know we are never happy :) really with the nitrous im gonna have it shut off at a certain boost level. i want it just incase i cant get spooled in time and for a little street fun.

Looks like I'm not the only one that wires his nitrous system like that. :cool:

Foot flat on floor, transbrake on and no nitrous until you let off the button... then all hell breaks loose. ;)

that is an interesting idea. I'm not sure if we will do something like that or not.

Considering the high amount of interest in this I need to get busy and "get 'er done"

Bob

Um... yeah... that would be nice. :D

I'll be happy to send ya $$$ to get the ball rolling.

It's still WAY cheaper than the DIS4 setup. :wink:

Yes, dropping EST pulses is a recipe for broken parts.....

You can tell by the video above that the control is very smooth.

Bob

How does the DIS4 do it? Does it drop the EST? What I'm trying to ask is this a safer alternative than the MSD?

Does the timing retard in this doing the same thing as your Launch Assist in your chips?Or can you use the Launch Assist with this?

thanks
Dennis

How does the DIS4 do it? Does it drop the EST? What I'm trying to ask is this a safer alternative than the MSD?

The DIS4 does not drop EST pulses.

Both the DIS4 and the new unit will not de-synchronize the ignition, so both are 'safe'.

Bob

Does the timing retard in this doing the same thing as your Launch Assist in your chips?Or can you use the Launch Assist with this?

thanks
Dennis

the launch assist is similar, but does not have the switch-enable or adjustability of the new unit. You could use both together if you wanted.

what is the difficulty level of installing this? will it be plug and play, or is there going to be a little wiring to do?

Installation

I would classify it as "almost" plug-and-play. there are a couple wires to hook up, but its a breeze.

Bob

Sorry if I missed the info in previous posts...
Is the method to activate the timing retard and 2-step on seperate manual inputs ?

In other words... 12v+ from the transbrake to activate the 2-step... and 12v+ from the nitrous solenoids to activate the timing retard ?

Sorry if I missed the info in previous posts...
Is the method to activate the timing retard and 2-step on seperate manual inputs ?

In other words... 12v+ from the transbrake to activate the 2-step... and 12v+ from the nitrous solenoids to activate the timing retard ?

they are separate, on 2 different inputs. You can indeed run them that way.

Bob

So................................ how much timing are we going to be able to pull with this puppy? ;)