1989 Indy 500 program

89ICBM

One of my buds dropped buy last Friday and brought me his 1989 Indy 500 program, it even has some sigs in it, Al Unser for one. Does any of you guys have one of these? I don't think I've ever seen one on ebay so I don't have a clue if it's valuable but it sure is cool. :cool:

Worthless....

Its prolly worthless....I'll send you a SASE and you can mail it to me for safe keeping. :D

Oh...that - sorry, I dropped it - can I have it back?

Seriously - probably a $30-40 item to the world, worth maybe up to 2x that to our group if you can find someone with the cash sitting around. Me, I'd make a color copy for my car display and stash the original away with my documentation.

Originally posted by joejakegrace [/i]

Me, I'd make a color copy for my car display and stash the original away with my documentation.

Hey! That's a good idea. I guess I could find a professional shop that can do that, it's actually like a magazine so I don't know how I could copy it and make it look good. Any suggestions?

If the program indicates that it is copyrighted, Kinkos won't (most of them) do it for you. That said, if it is, you can (if you're willing) make the color copies yourself - you can even do just a few of the key pages and display those.

I got one off someone about a year ago. Can't even remember what I did with it, but I know I didn't pay more than $20.

Hopefully they are worth more now because the damn car sure isn't!

I bought one a year or so ago on ebay. Five bucks plus shipping. The sigs may make yours worth more but it's cool to hold onto. They come up from time to time. Search under 89 indy 500 or 73rd indy 500.