1987 Turbo-T for sale

What year is that car? Send me more pics of the interior/exterior? Please call me at 913-244-3829.

Disregard on the year, I found your post above. I would like more pics from all around the car as well as interior and engine compartment. I'd like to speak with you by phone, please call the cell number above or send me your number. What state are you located in?

I take it the seats need to be recovered or are those just covers to protect them? Are the Champion irons or alum? How are the rubber door seals? Do the windows roll up properly and seal? Can you post some more pics of the underside as well as some close ups of the paint. Thanx.

I take it the seats need to be recovered or are those just covers to protect them? Are the Champion irons or alum? How are the rubber door seals? Do the windows roll up properly and seal? Can you post some more pics of the underside as well as some close ups of the paint. Thanx.

Seat are an easy 8.5 out of 10...covers are for keeping them nice only...I'm kinda anal with that on all my vehicles! No tears, rips or broken springs...seat cushions are still nice and firm. There is some very minor fading of the blue dye on the upper areas exposed to sunlight, but again, nothing that's unsightly or embarassing.

The heads are irons with a little more porting then "out of the box" Champion irons :biggrin: A local shop here in KC did them for me and they have heads out there running in the single digits and 180+ mph.

The rubber door seals are in very good condition. They are all OE and are still very pliable and seal well....I frequently condition them. The windows roll up tight and are leak free even running through a touchless carwash with a side spray. I don't know if the previous owner put the high speed door glass motors in or not, but they roll up like a new car would and seal good. You can roll them up going down the track and they will seal...ask me how I know that:D The lower door seals are the only seal on the car I'd think about replacing and have not done so because they are still in good condition. It has new GM dew sweeps done last year...the originals were cracking. I do have a new full set of door seals still in the box as replacements....I got them for a good price and put them up for another day.

I can try and take some under car pics but don't have a rack right now to put it up on...I'll see what I can do for ya and post them.

As for the paint, I can take 100 close up pics and what your going to see is OE paint that you won't believe is OE. The only real flaws in the paint are some minor rock chips on the front clip and here and there...some of which were touched up by the previous owner and some real small ones that were not...nothing you would expect from a car with 84k showing on the clock. You can ask anyone who has seen this car in person that the paint is unreal for its age and miles and it's never been wet sanded or polished. I'm waiting for the weather to break to clay bar the car and have my body guy foam pad it with GM Perfect It....this will take it to another level all together.

I'm super critical with my cars and see things (flaws) that most people don't see unless I point them out....and sometimes they still don't see them. When I tell you that this car is what it is, that's no BS. But don't take my word for it, look at what the others posted above or come see it for yourself...feel free to send someone else by to rip it apart if you like...nothing to hide here.

Like I said in the onset of this ad, the previous owner (who I knew since 1993) was crazy about the care and maintenance of this car...it was only 3-4 years old when he got it and the original owner who he knew was also crazy about his car collection. It sat in a climate controlled storage for almost 7 years while he recovered from a bad wreck and never fully recovered enough to enjoy the car again...that's when I got it.

I'm not going to sit here and blow smoke up anyone's arse by telling them it's perfect, but what I will say is for the age and miles you would be hard pressed to find another in its condition... I truely mean that having owned 2 different low mile TR's and a 12k mile TTA.

The weather dudes are forecasting rain & snow the next couple of days, I'll try and get the pics you want ASAP and get them posted.

Cheers!!

Brett-

This is a VERY nice car for the money:cool: Kansas guys dont play no BS!

If you want an upclose inspection I would be happy to inspect Joe's car LOL

Ty

Brett-

This is a VERY nice car for the money:cool: Kansas guys dont play no BS!

If you want an upclose inspection I would be happy to inspect Joe's car LOL

Ty

Ty,
If he takes you up on that offer we need to find enough time to grab and bite and throw a few back!

I also forgot to mention that this car runs with a Turbotweek chip that has wideband fuel correction. You set the a/f ratio to whatever you desire for the gear your in and the WB O2 keeps it there...no messing around changing fuel pressure and crap like that when the weather changes....just like an aftermarket fuel management system. This chip also allows for timing adjustment in individual gears as well as a slew of other adjustments not typically found in his chips typically sold to the public. It's damn nice having Eric as a personal friend...and he's not a bad guy to hang out with either:tongue:

Brett PLEASE!!! I need any little excuse to throw a few back LOL

Take care Joe, maybe we can road trip to BG:cool:

Ty,
BG is not going to happen this year. My pop and I had to pull the plug on our yearly pilgrimage to Kentucky. My dad lost his job due to cut backs and $$$ is too tight as I'm sure you and a lot of others can understand. This will be only the second year we missed since 1993:mad: We thought long and hard about jumping in his 1999 GS and rolling out for a long weekend but didn't want to tease ourselves not having the TR's there. We will really miss seeing all of our friends we only get to see in BG...all we can hope for is BG 2010 if something breaks in his job situation. I just can't bring myself to go without him.

Ty,
BG is not going to happen this year. My pop and I had to pull the plug on our yearly pilgrimage to Kentucky. My dad lost his job due to cut backs and $$$ is too tight as I'm sure you and a lot of others can understand. This will be only the second year we missed since 1993:mad: We thought long and hard about jumping in his 1999 GS and rolling out for a long weekend but didn't want to tease ourselves not having the TR's there. We will really miss seeing all of our friends we only get to see in BG...all we can hope for is BG 2010 if something breaks in his job situation. I just can't bring myself to go without him.

In a way that is AWESOME,,,, you guys are that tight and have made great memories together:cool:

Wasn't he a LEO? My best friend is the Sherriff in Phillips Cty KS.

Take care- I stay at the airport Best Western about 4 nights a month. Maybe we can go to Tanners and throw a few back:biggrin:

In a way that is AWESOME,,,, you guys are that tight and have made great memories together:cool:

Wasn't he a LEO? My best friend is the Sherriff in Phillips Cty KS.

Take care- I stay at the airport Best Western about 4 nights a month. Maybe we can go to Tanners and throw a few back:biggrin:

I'm the LEO...Miami County, KS.

He was in graphic arts (printing) and has been since the beginning of time.

Yes we are real tight and that kicks ass!! BG is the only time we get to be away and act like drunk foul mouthed gearheads....the rest of the time my mom has him on a pretty tight leash and I have to act like a responsible LEO:rolleyes:

I'm the LEO...Miami County, KS.

He was in graphic arts (printing) and has been since the beginning of time.

Yes we are real tight and that kicks ass!! BG is the only time we get to be away and act like drunk foul mouthed gearheads....the rest of the time my mom has him on a pretty tight leash and I have to act like a responsible LEO:rolleyes:

Funny there:cool: I can now play the "I have a firend of a friend of a friend that is the friend of a LEO officer in Miami cty that is a friend of my other friend if I ever get pulled over LOL:p

Funny there:cool: I can now play the "I have a firend of a friend of a friend that is the friend of a LEO officer in Miami cty that is a friend of my other friend if I ever get pulled over LOL:p

Go for it...by the time you spit all that out the ticket will be written and the ink dry.:wink:

Thanks for accepting my post as a man and not blowing a head gasket over it.

According to the Grand Panda there were ~200 or so of the light blue T's made in 1987...no telling how many are left in the condition of mine and yours.

With winter setting in, and the economy the way it is, it might be difficult to sell any collector car for what its worth without giving it away. I have a boat load of $$$ tied up in my car. At $16k I don't even come close to recovering what I have invested in it...but that's the way it is most of the time with cars.
I bought this exact same optioned turbo t w/47k in strongville ohio in '03. It was stolen 2 months later in SF/bay area where I live. I have never seen the same car as clean until now...I am sad and i wish i could afford yours. I'm now looking for a modified we-4 or turbo t for a reasonable price. PM me anyone.

I bought this exact same optioned turbo t w/47k in strongville ohio in '03. It was stolen 2 months later in SF/bay area where I live. I have never seen the same car as clean until now...I am sad and i wish i could afford yours. I'm now looking for a modified we-4 or turbo t for a reasonable price. PM me anyone.

Not many of the light blue cars made let alone left in good condition. Did they ever find your car?

Joe, sent you a PM. Car is just what I'm looking for and is located in the Midwest. I'll contact you soon. Gene

Not many of the light blue cars made let alone left in good condition. Did they ever find your car?
Ohhhh, I know but could never find the car, so what can you do? You could never replace a great original turbo t once they steal it and part it out. just as bad as replacing a GN motor with a v8...

I have my 70 chevelle in my avitar that I'm pondering to trade if your looking for something like that. I moved to Georgia and more than an hour from any track. Might get back into a street car since i'm stuck driving a 4cyl sebring everyday. Let me know.