1987 pro-touring grand national, from the ground up

You have to remember that the crossmember is intended for a V8 car with headers so you are going to run into some interference issues. As far as the downpipe not being up to standard - if I was the company in question and knowing the attention this build is getting I would be sending you a new one and PAYING to have my POS returned to me; along with issuing you an apology.

As far as the gauges go... who cares? You won't be able to read and process the information fast enough for their accuracy to matter. Your best bet is to tie in some pressure transducers into the oil and fuel system, plug them into a PowerLogger and call it a day. The best you get with gauges is that something went wrong, datalogging can at least show you trends leading up to potential failure.

It works for a V8 but also for a turbo car, the cat back slides through there perfectly so it wouldn't line up even if the crossmember wasnt there, so its off no matter what. Honestly its just faster to fix it then ship it back and have one sent to me again.

Gauges are purely for appearance reasons for me. The scanmaster and an aftermarket boost and fuel pressure gauge would have been fine. I'm not trying to push the car anywhere near its limits or squeeze an extra 10th out so hopefully no catastrophic failures in my future to watch out for.

IMG_0585.jpg
IMG_0586.jpg
IMG_0587.jpg
IMG_0589.jpg
IMG_0590.jpg

I hope the shop is fabricating the exhaust with the suspension at FULL compression. Otherwise you are going to end up very disappointed when the full weight of the cars is back on the chassis and you hit a big bump.

I hope the shop is fabricating the exhaust with the suspension at FULL compression. Otherwise you are going to end up very disappointed when the full weight of the cars is back on the chassis and you hit a big bump.

man, I wished you lived in Vegas so I could hook you up with a nice (or not so nice) girl that could take up some of the free time you use to respond to my threads ;)

man, I wished you lived in Vegas so I could hook you up with a nice (or not so nice) girl that could take up some of the free time you use to respond to my threads ;)

Give him an ugly one with no teeth and hairy underarms :D

awesome job man! the car is gonna be a beast.. you should sell it to me after you get bored with her. my car is still in cali:frown:

Thanks. However, I am happily married. When my points stop being valid I will stop posting. ;)

Love the build. Just finished redoing a GN. Not to the extent you are doing. It was a frame on restoration. Replaced the interior with PUI stock GN seat covers and door panels. Whgat type interior are you doing? Is it leather? If so where did or where are you getting it? Got to your interior. Keep up the great work! I may be making some changes based upon your postings.

Body is on, slid on easy with no hitches short of a bit of overspray on the line-x that had to be tapped out. You can now see what the powdercoated chassis looks like with the body on, its so subtle you cant tell from a few feet away but if you look for it or get close you notice the silver vien color, I love it.

IMG_0599.jpg
IMG_0600.jpg
IMG_0601.jpg
IMG_0602.jpg
IMG_0603.jpg

Looking sweet as usual. Did you strip the whole underside of the body before applying the undercoating? The undercoating looks better then usual.

Not really, it was a very clean car already. Just a good scrubbing and scuffing to adhere it.