1987 pro-touring grand national, from the ground up

Wow simply impressive …. Now were did I place those winning lottery numbers :p

I am looking forward to the completion 

Looking sweet. I just ordered my G force crossmemeber. They reccomend no bushings but I was contemplating using stock style like you did. Were there any issues mounting it like that? Are you using the stock exhaust/cat hanger?

Looking sweet. I just ordered my G force crossmemeber. They reccomend no bushings but I was contemplating using stock style like you did. Were there any issues mounting it like that? Are you using the stock exhaust/cat hanger?

The hole had to be reamed out just a hair to fit the stock style bushing. It doesn't need it but it can't hurt and will reduce noise and vibration. We have the stock exhaust hangers and hopefully can use those but past the rear end its probably going to have to be 100% fabrication

Sometimes the simple solutions are the best. They just turned the coil clockwise 180 degrees, now there is ample clearance. It compresses from the large end of the spring to the small so unless I land a dukes of hazzard style jump it should be fine.

hello; I've never seen a rear end like that and adjust ability for some is great but I like it simple. That's in suspension anyway. Looking the balls.
I know you've talked about body work in the past but I don't recall body color. What do you have in mind for that?
IBBY

hello; I've never seen a rear end like that and adjust ability for some is great but I like it simple. That's in suspension anyway. Looking the balls.
I know you've talked about body work in the past but I don't recall body color. What do you have in mind for that?
IBBY

Black on black ;)

You could always exit in front of the rear tire(s)

That would be worst case scenario but I hate exhaust drone and the last time I did that I could smell fumes when I had to stop to long at a light. So Ill try the hard way first lol.

You could always exit in front of the rear tire(s)
hello; I've seen pics of that setup on a TB but that's about it. I've said this before but a exhaust setup that should work is as simple as coming of a performance muff. and out in front of the rear wheel. Basically a single shot. I think there out there but IMO the sound is weird. As far as sound IMO dual Muffs sound the best and the RJC is what I have and it's alright. I know in this build a Cotton system was said to be used. I'd like to see how it works out as I've heard there pretty nice.
IBBY

So, christmas in vegas yesterday. UPS dropped off a shiny new TCI 6x. Unfortunately it was late in the day so all we could do was get it ready to go in today. To bad, I was hopping to watch it go in. Ill swing by at lunch though and hopefully have some updated pictures for you guys!
IMG_0556.jpg
IMG_0557.jpg
IMG_0558.jpg

And I just got a text from one of the builders, guess they got started early this morning!

photo.jpg

I stopped by the shop at lunch and looked at their handy work. Sorry about the pictures but it was on a lift about 6' in the air. Looks very cool. There is a matching oil pan and inspection shield coming in as well

IMG_0560.jpg
IMG_0561.jpg
IMG_0562.jpg
IMG_0563.jpg
IMG_0564.jpg

Dave, it looks fantastic!
Will that trans. clear the factory tunnel?

I have my exhaust exiting in front of the tire with the Watts Link. My other project car has a GNX suspension. I wonder if a GNX exhaust system would fit with the Watts? I will try to get some measurements for you.

It supposedly will clear, guess we will find out for sure soon enough lol. I'm going to at least attempt to exit the exhaust in the rear, its just going to be very convoluted to do it I think. I guess we will have to weigh exhaust restriction from additional bends vs putting it in front of the rear tires. The good news is these guys do quite a few custom exhausts so I have high hopes.

Do you notice any drone or exhaust fumes from exiting in front of the rear tire on yours? I'd love to see a picture or two of that

There is a good pic of the exhaust exiting in my album. Few pics under the car, will need to look for some. Never noticed any fumes. It does angle some toward the rear, not straight out. The "drone" is more like a constant rumble, since there is no muffler in the system (cat only). Sounds like a big block with glass packs (almost). I like it :)

How do you like your suspension setup, it looks like our suspension is going to be fairly similar.

Quick update, few more odds and ends on the vehicle and a better look at the trans with the lift on the ground.

IMG_0575.jpg
IMG_0579.jpg
IMG_0580.jpg
IMG_0581.jpg
IMG_0582.jpg

How do you like your suspension setup, it looks like our suspension is going to be fairly similar.

I do love it, and I'm sure you will too. Especially since yours is bigger all around it - bigger trans, bigger rear, bigger brakes, bigger tires and wheels, etc. You will have Lots of Fun!