1987 Original Long Block Engine with 27,000 Miles!

More progress pic's

The reason for the Exhaust manifolds and turbo not being ceramic coated was due to a budget! We had to leave them for now and possibly in the near future they will be done

hope you plan on cleaning that oil out of turbo outlet and putting in bypass filter. that is a very nice motor and you got lucky
Already ahead of ya! ;) That was cleaned out and the orriginal breather comming from the pass valve cover has been removed and a push in breather will be installed. The breather inlet into the turbo has also been capped off as well. We may even go with a new inlet bell if we can find one.

Scot W,

Already ahead of ya! ;) That was cleaned out and the orriginal breather comming from the pass valve cover has been removed and a push in breather will be installed. The breather inlet into the turbo has also been capped off as well. We may even go with a new inlet bell if we can find one.

Scot W,
poston enterprises or jay's gn i think 38 bucks for a polished one

Ready To Fire!!

Tomarow will be the start up after I double check everything.

Got to finish the finishing souches on the Oil press & Water Temp gauges and it should be ready to go..

More pic's.....

Scot!! Is that an "hour glass" MAF I see??? Gotta get rid of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scot!! Is that an "hour glass" MAF I see??? Gotta get rid of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes! Made by (Micro Tech).

I already mentioned to him he the minute the car got here that he needs to get a Orriginal stock MAF but right now he's on a budget, I'm sure in the near future he will get one.

I have one here but the only problem with it is at WOT it reads Less than 255 grams of air per second. Other than that it worked fine.

" I happen to know who has a brand new A/C delco stock MAF still in the box!!" ;)

Scot W.

Yes! Made by (Micro Tech).

I already mentioned to him he the minute the car got here that he needs to get a Orriginal stock MAF but right now he's on a budget, I'm sure in the near future he will get one.

I have one here but the only problem with it is at WOT it reads Less than 255 grams of air per second. Other than that it worked fine.

" I happen to know who has a brand new A/C delco stock MAF still in the box!!" ;)

Scot W.

that maf maybe ok what boost did that reading show it may not max out at 14 and under

that maf maybe ok what boost did that reading show it may not max out at 14 and under
Trust me, It was with a TE-44 & a TE45a at around 18-20lbs of boost and SHOULD have been maxed out at 255gms per sec from either turbo.

Switched with a known good one at the time and WALA problem fixed!

Scot W.

Trust me, It was with a TE-44 & a TE45a at around 18-20lbs of boost and SHOULD have been maxed out at 255gms per sec from either turbo.

Switched with a known good one at the time and WALA problem fixed!

Scot W.
yes its bad then. have you tried cleaning it with maf cleaner.

I believe that is a hell of a deal. I picked up a complete 85 T Type ($200) that had 26,xxx miles on it and when I fired it (after priming oil) it was dead silent and zero smoke. It sat for 14 years. Got a TA-49, MSD 50's, 8position thumbwheel from John Spina and lots of other goodies. I am going to open mine up for a total reseal and to add my ported heads. Good find though. :D

....Snip... I would not remove the heads at all! ....

Good advice in my view.

While you are listening to the engine run, can you hear any oil leaks ;) ? No leaks: leave it alone for a while. Fix when necessary, some time in the future. Personally, I would plan on a rebuild soon and price it accordingly. :)

Looks like it belongs there.:biggrin:
Nice job. There was alot oil in the intercooler. Hell, I'ld just drive it with that new old engine. Check out the Jasper's special, anything worth saving put aside for another day.