1987 Buick Regal T-Type in Mint Condition! In Florida

Hard to Accept but I'm the one to Blame!

I have owned 2 previous G/N's and last night only makes the 3rd time anyone has driven the car without me in it....

I just hope the Frame is Not touched,the rest i'm sure can be Repaired....

It doesn't look to be too bad, but It would certainly bother me to no end. I bought mine sight unseen six years ago. A year or so into ownership, I was replacing headliner and carpet and so had the interior pretty much gutted. That is when I noticed that the right rear quarter welds did not quite match up to the left rear quarter welds, as the left were nice clean spot welds. The right were more like sloppy mig welds. The guy I bought it from did not tell me that car was in accident (unless he was not aware of it). Made my stomach sink, but I have lived with it for about 5 years now. :mad:

I could have just had the car repaired enough to post it back for sale,but i'm Not that kind of person.

Hopefully i will get good new's monday from the body shop..... like No frame damage.

I will update once i know what the status is....

Where in Mass do you live? I just moved from Falmouth Mass to Fla 6 years ago.....

Im guessing

i could have just had the car repaired enough to post it back for sale,but i'm not that kind of person.

Hopefully i will get good new's monday from the body shop..... Like no frame damage.

I will update once i know what the status is....

Where in mass do you live? I just moved from falmouth mass to fla 6 years ago.....

they bent the trailing arms & not the frame . Based on the stance & the rim .. Might not be that bad ..

If crunched from the side probably no frame damage and most likely control arm damage.

If it was from the rear and overcame the bumper shocks, and bent the quarter, it bent the frame too.

Probably a side hit if they lost control and spun it.

Good luck and make sure they pay. :mad:

There is No damage to the rear bumper at all,even the trunk jams appear to be almost the same on both sides of the trunk. They say it was around a corner and both front and rear rims are smashed,but no fender or door damage at all. I have no clue what caused the crinkles in the 1/4.....

Update

Bad new's... The frame is Bent toward the drivers side....

So at this point the body shop is suggesting to lift the body transfer everything over to another frame and then replace the rear quarter and be done with it.

Preliminary estimate is just under $8,000.00

The body mount bolts are Clearly bent and other areas of the frame are Clearly bent.

Liberty Mutual <his insurance comp> will send out a Agent to confirm damages.

I Hope this does not get totaled out.......

First, let me say how badly I feel for you.

That was a pretty ****ty thing of your buddy to do.

Lemme guess, there's no police report, is there?

That car hit a curb directly on that right back wheel, and it hit it hard.

Along with the frame and body damage, there is very likely differential damage inside and out, possible bent axel(s) and a myriad of yet undiscovered damage.

If you have collector car insurance on this car, use it to get the damage repaired and then have them sue your pals insurance company to recoup their loss.

Yes, you will have to pay the deductible at first , but once your insurance collects from his insurance they are supposed to pay you back your deductible.

Besides, collector car insurance is going to be much more empathetic to your situation and much more willing to go for a repair instead of total.

You have much to consider here. Take your time and don't let his insurance company rush you.

These cars are 25 years old now and genuine parts are hard to come by. A frame swap might be the only answer, depending on damage, however, that could result in a total and a salvage title.

Personally, I would have a shop that specializes in restorations do the repairs, NOT a dealership. Yours is probably the first one of these cars the techs at that dealership have ever seen, much less repaired.

Even if they have looked at and estimated the car you are under NO obligation to have the dealership do any work on your rare and valuable automobile.

Sorry to have gotten lengthy there, but I'm in the body repair business (at a dealership, no less) and would hate to see you get jammed up because of your buddy's lack of respect and consideration.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

Again, so sorry and best of luck to you.

I do not know how you feel, but I do have a very good idea how you feel,cause I do know how I feel, !!! :mad:

Ron

if you don't claim it it will not be totalled. Just have it fixed and have your buddy pay for is juvenile experience...
i cannot blame him though. we are all just a slick spot away from that happening to us.

Just wondering what some of you guy's think this car would sell for in this current condition. I had it sold twice at $13,500 within the last couple of months.

Ultimately the frame should be replaced but can be fixed by a body shop who know's what they are doing,though it would not be perfect.

Prior to this accident this Car was Extremely Clean and all Hooked up!

That was then this is now.....

The car is located in Central Florida if you would like to inspect it,then car can be driven also but i would take it Slow.

I will be picking up a frame from Kevin at KDK Performance here in Orlando in the next couple of days,and then the transformation begins.....
Its going to take a while im sure of that!

I live in Lakeland (but I'm overseas now) and I sure wish that car was at MY house, damage or not!

Before you go too in deep with the repairs, have you asked the good deputy to buy the car at your BEFORE the damage price?

That would settle everything. You know, if you break it you buy it. Just a thought.

It makes me hurt all the way to my heart to see the before and after pictures...

I hear you....

I don't think i really want to walk away at this point. As time went on i really was Not trying to sell it. I had people contacting me well after the ebay listing ended and once the GTA/GNX wheels went on i Really was Happy that i kept it!

But that lasted a little more than 24 hours....

I just want this Nightmare over!

Well Mr Officer showed up today at the body shop to see for himself All the damages to my car.

Now he wants a 2nd opionon as to the actual damage's and wether or not someone else can do it cheaper?

So i'm wondering if anyone know's of a Reputable body shop in the Orlando area who know's these cars,so i can take it to them for a 2nd opionon??

Thanks

You deserve to have the car fixed at a quality shop. You get what you pay for.

True,and im trying to find one close by if there exists one...

I really don't want to leave the Orlando area but if i have to then thats what i will do...