1987 Buick Regal T-Type in Mint Condition! In Florida

No longer for sale

This is why you Don't let even Close friends drive your car Without you in it!

I just purchased GNX/GTA style wheels that were mounted on the car just 2 day's ago...

Any thoughts as to how severe this damage might be?

I was able to drive the car to a body shop but they will not get to it till monday at some point. The roof is not buckled,the pass door open's closes fine,the trunk open's closes just fine but the whole rear end appears to be pushed toward the drivers side a bit.

I wanted to update this thread because i still get pm's from other member's that still have interest in the car.

Man that sucks. Just get it to a quality body man It's amazing what a good body shop can do. When it's done you'll never know it happened.

I drove mine for 16 years like that, the frame is buckled but it's probably behind any suspension and rear end parts that will affect the tracking.

Look for a buckle mid wheel on the frame and back.

Take the insurance money and subtract it from the price and sell it as is.

You perhaps can drive it okay as is.

My wheel wasn't off up front however and I DID hit the car in front of me and it caused me to need a new header panel.

Here's mine two years after the hit.

Don't mind the dirt it doesn't affect the tracking. :p

WE4_Bad_Side.jpg

Thanks I appreciate your comment,works toward Calming my nerves....
I will post photos as the repair gets done.
Very simple fix. You can get alot of the damage from in side the trunk area. A good body man will make it look perfect again. I would think for around a 1K to $1500. because of it being a two-tone and of having to blend into the roof line and clearing all the way over to the the other quarter panel so you won't have a blend clear line that will come back for sure....don't let them tell you won't, because it will i guarantee it. If it's an insurance job they will try to screw you out of this, but tell them that not going to be correct and its a show car. That sucks that this happened. Good luck though.:)
That is also removing the quarter windows on both side in order to do it right. Then it will need cut and buffed.

Yea i will opt to get it fixed,as i'm not paying to have it repaired.

I actually work at a New Car Dealership. Our body shop is Award winning and they take pride in the work they do.

They are not here over the weekend,so i will get with them first thing Monday morning and see what happens.....

So do i....

He actually is a Orlando Sheriff and should have Known Better!

But then again I'm the Idiot that let someone take it

Long story short,a friend asked me if he could take his neighbor for a ride,so i said yes. My friend is older than me and like a family member...

He pull's out lays about 15ft of rubber,i quickly was concerned. Then down the road i could see him pull over. Looked like they swapped seats?????

They come back about 25 minutes later,and my car is Smashed! The neighbor Loss control going around a corner at High speed!

The guy is a Orlando Sheriff for crying out loud!!!

He says that he will pay for all damages,i will put it in our dealership body shop monday morning and assess the actual damage!

Sad

No one but my wife drives mine . With me & im very nervous .. So i dont know how you let your car leave your site to begin with . Anyone that wants to borrow a muscle car is not going to be driving miss daisey . I would of killt both of them .. Just for beating on my car .. Sorry for your loss ..