1985 GN Title question?

DJBAUM

Hey guys! new to the forum. Just bought an 85 GN. However my title says its a 1985 Buick regal T-type. Were all the 85's titled like this? All the interior and exterior is correct. Interiror, Power locks, windows, sunroof etc... any info would be greatly appreciated!

Your title is correct. Until the 87 model year, GN was nothing more than an option package. In 87 the GN was an actual model designation

Your title is correct. Until the 87 model year, GN was nothing more than an option package. In 87 the GN was an actual model designation
Ive decoded my vin 100 times, do you think you can do it also to confirm im ok??

Your title is correct. I have an original 1985 window sticker from my scrapped 1985 GN which states the same thing.

No they were all Regals.

The option package and engine vin code was what differentiated the turbo v6 from the 305

You could get a Limited with a V8 or turbo 6.

kirban 2 cents worth

most of the info stated prior to my post is correct however, in 1987 it was only the last batch of GNs they built that was specifially titled as Grand Nationals prior to that the GN was an option package as stated above.

In a similar vain that is how the GTO was first presented as a Lemans with the GTO package it wasn't til I believe 1967 or so the GTO was titled as such....that is how Pontiac got away with producing the GTO based on the LeMans platform....

Code on the trunk ID label would read WE2 for the Grand National package LC2 for the engine which would be no cost on the 1985 the engine code would be LM9 and the GN code would still be WE2.

IT can be very confusing with the cars being 25 plus years old now....adding to the confusion is also in 1987 onthe LeSabre T-Type the trunk ID code for that was also WE2.....go figure....

anyrate enjoy the ride.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

chances are if you have power windows your car is quicker 0-60 than your window motors.