1978 Turbo Regal Part Out

You still have the car and is it still in one piece or is it parted out. Only interested if together. PM me if so.

I will sell everything I have for the car including the car for one low price! Shoot me an offer I can refuse and it is yours!

dmr22 do you still have the car? I would like the nose or the inner fender (driver)

DO you have a good HEI distributor? Just the one plug design, OH and the oil pump shaft too?

Thanks

E

I have been a long time lurker of the forum and finally decided to create a user name and join the forum!

I saved a 1978 Buick Regal from being scrapped recently and was considering restoring it but the money is just not available for me to do it the right way. Instead I am being forced to either sell or part out the car. It is in very decent shape for being 32 years old and has one original owner before me. The title is clean if anyone would be interested in restoring it.

If no one is interested in purchasing the car whole I would definitely be willing to part it out. If there are any parts you guys need let me know and I can get you a picture and a price for it. Also, the larger items (seats, motor, tranny, etc...) must be pick up only. Let me know what you guys need!!

Still have the control module?

Last time he was on the board was August 2010. I doubt he's goona come back. This is an old thread.

charlie what is a pevr and turbo control module and what years interchange if you still need going on vacation for a week PHX, LA, Vages other half gets pool I get to go parts hunting lot of G body in PHX and LA will take a look if you can give info can't tell you how many 4barrels I've passed up Have a buick only parts yard in Phx if it needed they have it

charlie what is a pevr and turbo control module and what years interchange if you still need going on vacation for a week PHX, LA, Vages other half gets pool I get to go parts hunting lot of G body in PHX and LA will take a look if you can give info can't tell you how many 4barrels I've passed up Have a buick only parts yard in Phx if it needed they have it

if they have a pevr i need one.

The PECV stands for power enrichment control valve and it's used with the 78-80 cars. What it does is to allow the primary metering power valve to open at 3 lbs of boost so the system doesn't run lean and have detonation issues. A conventional carb relies on a vaccum signal to meter the fuel into the carb and will lean out under deceration. The turbo carb will stay rich under deceration until a safe pressure level has been acheived. The factory system uses the PECV valve ,set at 3 psi, to acheive this.

The carb isn't a standard Q-jet either. It has an isolated power valve which is controled by the PECV valve. A standard Q-jet can be made to work but need some adaptation to do so. The way to identify the correct one is that there is a port directly under the fuel inlet which is the isolated power valve. With out this particular carb the engine signal will be from vaccum and under decelation the engine will go lean and detonate.

The interchangability is a very narrow one unfortunatley. The 78-80 carbs. the 78-80 PECV valves are really the only things that interchange. This is only for the Buick engines and only for those years. As far as the turbo control center you have 2 different ones and not a lot of interchangablity on them either. The 78-79 requires the 78-79 distributor and control box and the 80 requires the same or it won't work right. Good luck finding one and hopefully you find several. They're very scarce and I finally got one of them myself, after 4 years of looking.:redface:

78-80 pevr pics please

anybody got pic's of this stuff? PEVR, PECV, control module

PEVR vs PECV are they different or the same?
what are these thing worth so I have some Ideal whether to get

Speedway buick will most likely have them if anyone does all they carry is buicks I bet they have 50 83 -87 T and GNs alone

Carb is for turbos only right? anybody got a part number

78 and 83 in phx no rust body part in az

anybody got pic's of this stuff? PEVR, PECV, control module

PEVR vs PECV are they different or the same?
what are these thing worth so I have some Ideal whether to get

Speedway buick will most likely have them if anyone does all they carry is buicks I bet they have 50 83 -87 T and GNs alone

Carb is for turbos only right? anybody got a part number

78 and 83 in phx no rust body part in az

here is the pevr picture

Attachments

• pevr sold.jpg
    pevr sold.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 91