18th Annual BUICKS at BATES NUT FARM CAR SHOW in So. Calif (San Diego area)

Long story short, voice your suggestion or complaint, and not just snub our nose at it or it too will fade away. I would hate to see that happen.

No suggestion will fix was has been broken now for many years and Im an not complaining other people are doing that for me, I am just merely stating the facts, like it or not, The buick thing at NUTS farm Is pretty much dead..

First, I didn't mean to aim that at you, hope you didn't take it that way. I meant us in general not giving up on it.

Hey, baby steps is good enough for me. I would be happy to see it back to what it was last year. Then, hopefully it can move up from there. Call me hopeful, I don't know. I am willing to try.

I hope you are wrong. There are so few venues we can attend where we can see more than one Buick at one setting, I really hope it is still here next year. Steve was kind enough to post his email address, so why not email constructive criticism, suggestions, feedback, whatever you want to call it. Steve seems to have a genuine interest in the show, and I can only imagine the effort it takes to put something like this together. I think if assistance or solutions are offered up, Steve would have open ears.

Consider this:
1. With more volunteers, any new arrivals (cars) would be noticed and a runner takes registration info over to the owner to fill it out, put what class your car is in, etc

2. Issues with preregistration? Make is discounted to register early and maybe $10 more at the door. Registering early not only saves you money, but also somewhat guarantees attendance, or at least encourages it.

3. Don't like the way the raffle was done? Make a suggestion. Hell, I will call numbers, or we can break it up so the same person doesn't get stuck with it.

4. Some people grumbled about some guys winning "all the prizes". Maybe set a limit of buying $20 worth max, to keep it even and give more opportunity?

5. Plaques. Have a few guys responsible for collecting the info, and for ordering the plaques. /Make it a point to send a "status report" to the awardees once the order is placed, estimated time, and make plans to mail or deliver. Have a sanity check where if I was the guy ordering and you don't hear from me, CALL ME. Maybe I forgot. Stuff happens, I would get chided a bit for not having them, and I will get hot on it.

There are tons of ways we, as individuals in this SW section, could make suggestions from prior experiences of what has worked and not worked, or ideas to make the event bigger and better. I never saw the event in its prior glory, I have only seen this year and last. But there is no reason why it couldn't be back to that status.

Long story short, voice your suggestion or complaint, and not just snub our nose at it or it too will fade away. I would hate to see that happen.

Rant off>

Great suggestions, Squid.
It would certainly help to have more constructive feedback like this and I agree....can't be easy for Steve to pull this stuff off.

People are people tho, and no matter what....someone somewhere will whine about something....if nothing else they will whine about how much their pooky hurts...and hold someone else persaonlly accountable for their happiness :D

Can't make all of them happy.

2010 Plaque winner !!

Yes all will be getting their plaques as soon as I email all in to the Trophy Co. So all winners understand the situation with this years show the attenances was way off ( Due to a few IDIOTS BAD MOUTHING THE EVENT A BUNCH OF CRY BABIES) so I lost $1200.00 on the Event the first time ever this has happen and it will be the last. I will keep all info and progess reports right here on this Web Site. If Car Winners want a copy of their picture from the Car Show this year simply send me your Email address and I will get it back to you. My Email is: hurstbuick@aol.com Thanks to all who attended the event. NOTE: next years event date is JUNE 5, 2011 See all of you there.

Steve Hurst

Great, congratulations. Good to see Steve sending them out in a timely fashion this year.

I doubt we will see any plaques

we being me and anyone else who pissed in Steve potato salad.

it was a fun event, victim of todays economy?:redface:

was just wonderin if ya had an update thats all
Probably get them just like last year. When you go to the next show. That guarantees your presence at the next show. Maybe Steve's posted something on the BGNRA website?

looks like its gone bye bye!

hmmm, not surprising! ;)

I'd be cautious of sending any money in to a car show,

Sure. Looks a little different than it used to.

bgnra.org

Oops, well I don't know. Maybe I spelled it wrong.

It's active..at least until November.

Domain ID157521481-LROR
Domain Name:BGNRA.ORG
Created On:05-Nov-2009 14:30:27 UTC
Last Updated On:13-Jan-2010 14:05:36 UTC
Expiration Date:05-Nov-2010 14:30:27 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Blue Razor Domains, Inc. (R1268-LROR)