1800hp Twin Turbo 455 LSX

Bent6

The Vanilla Gowilla
Guess I'll kick things off here since I'm one of them "defectors" but at least it's not a GN and it did originally come with a V8 ........

Video of the NRE 455 LSx going in my 70 Buick GS. Build thread on the car is located here http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-v8-conversions/321260-twin-turbo-buick-gs-project.html. Disregard the "Oldsmobile" comment - WTH Nelson?:rolleyes:

A BUNCH of pulls and 45 gallons of C16 later here's what we came up with............

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0s8Oz3QHNI[/YOUTUBE]

Neatest part is these are only 72mm turbos. A cam change and a swap to a pair of mid-frame 88mms and it will crack 2k HP. These turbos were a compromise so it would have some street manners instead of being like a light switch with the boost. This wasn't an easy decision for me as I'm Buick to the core but love 'em or hate 'em, these LS engines have awesome power potential and you don't have to beat the crap out of them to get there.

I'm tickled to have a dedicated area of the forum to discuss these things hopefully without having to hear all the whining from the purists.:rolleyes: Thanks Shane!

Neatest part is these are only 72mm turbos. A cam change and a swap to a pair of mid-frame 88mms and it will crack 2k HP. These turbos were a compromise so it would have some street manners instead of being like a light switch with the boost. This wasn't an easy decision for me as I'm Buick to the core but love 'em or hate 'em, these LS engines have awesome power potential and you don't have to beat the crap out of them to get there.

I'm tickled to have a dedicated area of the forum to discuss these things hopefully without having to hear all the whining from the purists.:rolleyes: Thanks Shane!

x2
thanx shane your the MAN!!!
at least now i feel wanted again..:eek::biggrin::biggrin:j/k

Wow, I'd hate to ask how much that is but it's a killer setup. Oh well, I guess you're going to have to live with 1600-1800HP. LOL

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!! Well done Will !!!!!!
Very clean build. Will this be making the BG trip?

Bryan

Guess I'll kick things off here since I'm one of them "defectors" but at least it's not a GN and it did originally come with a V8 ........

Video of the NRE 455 LSx going in my 70 Buick GS. Build thread on the car is located here http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-v8-conversions/321260-twin-turbo-buick-gs-project.html. Disregard the "Oldsmobile" comment - WTH Nelson?:rolleyes:

A BUNCH of pulls and 45 gallons of C16 later here's what we came up with............

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0s8Oz3QHNI[/YOUTUBE]

im gonna make you a shirt that says "Tires?..... i F@%KING hate TIRES"

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!! Well done Will !!!!!!
Very clean build. Will this be making the BG trip?

Bryan

Thanks for the kind words. No BG this year. Still lots of fab work to do. I don't know that it will ever be at BG unless some things change cause as it sits now I would just be chastised and treated like some kind of second rate citizen due to the LS engine. Not worth it just to make "exhibition" passes. They need to wake up before the whole event goes south - too many purists and VIN sniffers.

just outta curiosity Will why did you opt for NRE over someone else? they seem to charge double what others charge. do u feel their motor builds are the best out there? they sure do look purdy tho

Thanks for the kind words. No BG this year. Still lots of fab work to do. I don't know that it will ever be at BG unless some things change cause as it sits now I would just be chastised and treated like some kind of second rate citizen due to the LS engine. Not worth it just to make "exhibition" passes. They need to wake up before the whole event goes south - too many purists and VIN sniffers.

you couldn't say it any better..

My next car build will be a hybrid lsx. And Nelson is right, you just cant beat the power the ls engine makes.

btw...what type of fuel delivery are you going to run on this setup?