16th Annual BUICKS at BATES NUT FARM CAR SHOW in So. Calif (San Diego area)

I just Mapquested from the Mission Viejo/RSM area and it looks like the best route....from here anyway.... is down the 5 and across the 78 (1.5 hours without traffic).

Depending on what's actually most convenient for the majority...I could come up 241 and across 91 to the 15....adds several miles to my ride, but they are fast toll road miles and I know 241/91 puts the route more in Andrews neighborhood also.

Show opens at 8AM....what time do you guys recommend getting there?

I am good for anything. My car has wheels that will get me anywhere....lol :D

I just Mapquested from the Mission Viejo/RSM area and it looks like the best route....from here anyway.... is down the 5 and across the 78 (1.5 hours without traffic).

Depending on what's actually most convenient for the majority...I could come up 241 and across 91 to the 15....adds several miles to my ride, but they are fast toll road miles and I know 241/91 puts the route more in Andrews neighborhood also.

Show opens at 8AM....what time do you guys recommend getting there?

Let me know. I'm off the 15 south of the 91. I'll be glad to meet up with you guys.

GN Body Parts for Sale- Can Deliver to Bates Car Show

Hey Guys:
I have a right side TR fender complete with wheel well molding and a nice inner fender (metal). The fender has a light scratch/dent near the front and has light surface rust on the inside in a few areas (no rust damaged areas). The inner fender is rust free. The molding has a light dent on the rear side. I can deliver to Bates this weekend if anyone is in need ($150.00).

Also available from my low mileage 87 GN is:
Front bumper filler, left side, excellent condition but paint is starting to haze, $30.00
Front turn signal lamp, excellent condition, $20.00
Front turn signal bezel, left side, excellent condition, $70.00
Front bumperettes (one pair), $15.00
Grill filler (trim piece below the grill), excellent condition, $35.00
Headlight bezel, black, left side (has some touch up paint on top piece), $100.00
Air dam, left side, $20.00

I also have a complete TR headlight bucket ($25.00) and one pair of GN bumper shocks (15.00).

Thanks
Charlie

Selling Buick parts at the CAR SHOW

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys with the deal I worked at Bates Nut Farm No Vendors and NO SWAP MEET so selling part is not going to work. Sorry about that but the rules are the rules. Thanks for understanding and I will see you all at Bates next Sunday June 1st. If you have any question feel free to call me at 714-772-6201 or email me at: hurstbuick@aol.comhurstbuick@aol.com

Thanks again and see all at Bates

Steve Hurst, President-BGNRA

Web Site: bgnra.orgBuick Grand National Racing Association Home Page

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Copied from Steve Hurst's post over on the other thread.

Oops, sorry Gary, I missed prior discussions on not selling items at the Bates car show. Hope I didn't cause you any problems :(.

Charlie

Unfortunately, Lou, I think that Cruz does this complete sober.
Then this concerns me deeply. Perhaps he should be admitted & kept under observation. There is no other logical explanation for his behavior.The company he keeps also may be a factor.

My advise for a happy demeanor is never start drinking, and if you ever do, never quit.

Lucky me , huh?

Then this concerns me deeply. Perhaps he should be admitted & kept under observation. There is no other logical explanation for his behavior.The company he keeps also may be a factor.

company??? heck I thought they was informants of yours !!:eek:

I hate to disrupt this witty exchange between you GN vets, but this Noob is crashing this thread with news that he will be attending said Bates show in his new GN. Woo hoo for me! I was at the last little Socal druise down to Roundtable pizza (mmmm... deelish zaa) in my Cutlass for those of you who I met, and look forward to meeting the rest of you. I will post a proper intro post once I get pics...

I do have to go on record for this thread though, that I am firm in the Turbo Lou camp for his help with my car (both pre and post purchase), so I will come to his aid in any and all posts. En guarde ye heathens and defilers of Lou's honor!!

I hate to disrupt this witty exchange between you GN vets, but this Noob is crashing this thread with news that he will be attending said Bates show in his new GN. Woo hoo for me! I was at the last little Socal druise down to Roundtable pizza (mmmm... deelish zaa) in my Cutlass for those of you who I met, and look forward to meeting the rest of you. I will post a proper intro post once I get pics...

I do have to go on record for this thread though, that I am firm in the Turbo Lou camp for his help with my car (both pre and post purchase), so I will come to his aid in any and all posts. En guarde ye heathens and defilers of Lou's honor!!

Where did you find the car?

As soon as I get my camera back from my sister, I will get some pics up here.

Hey Andrew. I found it down in Oceanside. Original owner, cop, 55K miles, bone stock. Had Lou go thru it and it drives super smooth.

First thing was getting alarm and GPS tracking on it so I don't feel totally paranoid about driving it around. Then spent memorial day putting new brake pads on and installing stereo... or at least head unit/sirius/ipod while I wait for new speakers.

Loving the Buick!

Welcome !!!!

glad you took the big step, as misery loves company LOL
look forward to seeing you sunday,
as you have already been fleeced ( couldn't resist the sheep reference)
by Lou, you be glad you did, he's the best there is, and will take good care of you.

As soon as I get my camera back from my sister, I will get some pics up here.

Hey Andrew. I found it down in Oceanside. Original owner, cop, 55K miles, bone stock. Had Lou go thru it and it drives super smooth.

First thing was getting alarm and GPS tracking on it so I don't feel totally paranoid about driving it around. Then spent memorial day putting new brake pads on and installing stereo... or at least head unit/sirius/ipod while I wait for new speakers.

Loving the Buick!

Damn, you should have told me you wanted a head unit. I would have sold my Pioneer with the XM receiver/antenna to you. I want to go back to the stock look.

Thanks Riley a gentleman you are & in for a real treat with my fellow Buick sophisticates. No where in the country can you find so many intellectuals & vast accumulation of knowledge. I'm humbled in their presence & tremble in admiration. Soon you shall witness this phenomena for yourself. Expect to be set upon by the legendary 10's capable gifted super tuner Harold & his minions.The creme de le creme of the progressive Buick movement & unequaled.You will be impressed.

Dang Lou! How long did it take you to come up with that stuff. Egads! You're getting harder and harder to read.

Damn, you should have told me you wanted a head unit. I would have sold my Pioneer with the XM receiver/antenna to you. I want to go back to the stock look.

I agree, I wish I could keep the stock stereo look with updated technology that works with my Sirius and ipod (Kenwood parts). I'm really surprised nobody makes a decent head unit adaptor for the GN/Regal. I wonder how hard it would be to get a whole front plate (the shiny plastic that goes over the AC too) piece custom made...

Thanks, but I actually just took the system out of my Cutlass and put it in the GN, and I have the Sirius lifetime subscription anyway so no XM for me.

Wow Lou....

Thanks Riley a gentleman you are & in for a real treat with my fellow Buick sophisticates. No where in the country can you find so many intellectuals & vast accumulation of knowledge. I'm humbled in their presence & tremble in admiration. Soon you shall witness this phenomena for yourself. Expect to be set upon by the legendary 10's capable gifted super tuner Harold & his minions.The creme de le creme of the progressive Buick movement & unequaled.You will be impressed.

did you stay up all night thinking of all them $35 words??
I'm trying to figger out if you insulted us, or that was a compliment,.....
you never cease to amaze me, ( us)

(you should of heard the king ( queen) monday, I walked away as it was headed towards lo 7's capable, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :tongue:

did you stay up all night thinking of all them $35 words??
I'm trying to figger out if you insulted us, or that was a compliment,.....
you never cease to amaze me, ( us)

(you should of heard the king ( queen) monday, I walked away as it was headed towards lo 7's capable, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :tongue:

LOL! :tongue: