1292 HP Twin Turbo GN at auction!

Makes me hard like Japanese arithmetic! :pThat car made a lot of super stock guys cry. I would have to say it was just like Buddy Ingersol did to pro stock. :cool: Truly an iconic car :happy:

All someone would need is an extra 50 or 60k and a trip to Mecum(y).

Last edited:
I like the still stock Regal dash.
Even the ECM kick panel is still there.
It still says I'm a "G"

Makes me hard like Japanese arithmetic! :pThat car made a lot of super stock guys cry. I would have to say it was just like Buddy Ingersol did to pro stock. :cool: Truly an iconic car :happy:

Actually the Super Stock guys were very impressed with it especially since it is a 3100# car and only has a displacement 210 cubic inches vs. their 426 Hemi's and other big-block muscle cars.

Of all the records we set over the years, John was determined to be the FIRST NHRA Super Stock car in 7's, as that achievement can only happen once! :joyful:

Actually the Super Stock guys were very impressed with it especially since it is a 3100# car and only has a displacement 210 cubic inches vs. their 426 Hemi's and other big-block muscle cars.

Of all the records we set over the years, John was determined to be the FIRST NHRA Super Stock car in 7's, as that achievement can only happen once! :joyful:

This is true Nick ,but alot of guys with BBC and Hemis were upset when they were bested by this car. Many still say " ya but its turbo charged" . It is a thorn in the purists perfect world, same as many street car guys get there panties in a knot when these cars hand them there a$$. It is all part of the fun in owning these unique cars. I would love to own that car just for the history and I hope it goes to a Buick car guy.

I remember the bidding up to $4xk a few years back on the show. not sure if that was reserve off or not. Unfortunately, the problem with getting value out of a car like this is it's only good for still racing it or some sort of drag museum where enough NHRA people were around to understand what the record is. I suppose anyway.

I had a friend there today and said he watched it get to $27K and stopped. Looked like it did not sell. Damn $27 would look good in my garage;)

I would have guessed it to bring a lot more, they must not have known what it was at 27K.