12-13-12 Cause,Effect,Solutions? TDC moved

HelloBozos said:
I was right in the middle of recycling my 500 gallon Piranha tank when F.A.S.T called me back, i can't recall if it was positive or negative, i bet Negative since thats how the car was acting. I have an appointment with Cal again tomorrow afternoon so when i actually have the box hooked-up an Reading it, i'll know. The guy at F.A.S.T. started rattling off all kinds of bad settings because the first. I'll post the findings. I will not post my tune though...;^) That stays between me an Cal. If we can't get the car running using two differant box's, I'll be inspecting the Camshft next..8^(

My Fishie Fishies...

3 Red Bellie Pacu,8 year olds...

Don't worry. We don't have much use for your 600hp mile race tune. It stays between Cal and Cal because you don't know what you're looking at.

Don't worry. We don't have much use for your 600hp mile race tune. It stays between Cal and Cal because you don't know what you're looking at.

Thats a fact...not in these cases,maybe one these years if the car will stay together...

I've been home with sick daughter all day so that's my first laugh today. Thanks. :D

Ain't no differant then the other 95% this board...(an the couple the replyers above )LOL,
95% of the tunes an chips are sub-contrcted unless your machine shops your garage,building clean room's your kitchen,an programing room's your bedroom,living on TB.com all day...lol , to rize my HP it's only turn of the boost an stadged block away..;^),I'm not out to push limits i'm over already...

Ain't no differant then the other 95% this board...(an the couple the replyers above )LOL,
95% of the tunes an chips are sub-contrcted unless your machine shops your garage,building clean room's your kitchen,an programing room's your bedroom,living on TB.com all day...lol , to rize my HP it's only turn of the boost an stadged block away..;^),I'm not out to push limits i'm over already...

Now that was FUNNY!

Ready for round two...Bad Box,Bad Program,Bad Wiring,Bad Camshaft. in 12 hours i should know the problem

IMG_3479.JPG

very interested in your findings especially if they are XFI related, i was/am considering it for my next build (NOT a BUICK)

Drum Roll from a bi-polar Monkey with Tarots Syndrome.

^&*^*&*(*),(*((*&^&,%^%$,&^%$*^&

This whole time it's the........::: Ignition Module :::: ( I'll try an explain this so the non-traveled readers don't pop brain vessel,LOL )

What you say??? Yes an confirmed (much as possible)

Hate to say it, but i dragged Cal out again with a Bonus of Holly is assistant .

After some diagnosing

We put the Old Ign. unit back-in, Car Fired Right Up..Nice an Smooth...***But****..It is the Old unit an after 10-15 min, run time....***Zip***...No ign. fire/stall.

So, my first Ign. Mod was just on it's way out..( Would only run the car 20 min or less )

The #$%$^*^& Brand New one an Coil pack I thought i got from Cottons (have to dig the receipt out)
Is Bad or at least won't work with XFI what so ever... ( Wouldn't run the Car at ALL... )

So the score is One Ignition Module on the way out, The New replacement bad from the get go,A Third New ones on order an will arrive in 2 days,An Acdelco unit from Acdelco.

Cottens ad said this new one i got was Acdelco, apparently not, Kirbens site says off-brand,so does HwyStars, ....Beware....

Who stock's a no BS original ACDeclco OEM Buick Turbo Ignition Module ??????

Old one tempt-in till the another new one arrives...
IMG_3483.JPG
The Brand New Piece Junk....
IMG_3484.JPG

very interested in your findings especially if they are XFI related, i was/am considering it for my next build (NOT a BUICK)

There a picky unit, but once running an properly tuned (Tuning begining The harest part of it all,But most benificail after words) they work Great

There's other out there but i have Comp Cam instaled so i mactched up manufactors some..One thing i knew, i was done with the generic computer chip route.

HelloBozos said:
Drum Roll from a bi-polar Monkey with Tarots Syndrome.

^&*^*&*(*),(*((*&^&,%^%$,&^%$*^&

This whole time it's the........::: Ignition Module :::: ( I'll try an explain this so the non-traveled readers don't pop brain vessel,LOL )

What you say??? Yes an confirmed (much as possible)

Hate to say it, but i dragged Cal out again with a Bonus of Holly is assistant .

After some diagnosing

We put the Old Ign. unit back-in, Car Fired Right Up..Nice an Smooth...***But****..It is the Old unit an after 10-15 min, run time....***Zip***...No ign. fire/stall.

So, my first Ign. Mod was just on it's way out..( Would only run the car 20 min or less )

The #$%$^*^& Brand New one an Coil pack I thought i got from Cottons (have to dig the receipt out)
Is Bad or at least won't work with XFI what so ever... ( Wouldn't run the Car at ALL... )

So the score is One Ignition Module on the way out, The New replacement bad from the get go,A Third New ones on order an will arrive in 2 days,An Acdelco unit from Acdelco.

Cottens ad said this new one i got was Acdelco, apparently not, Kirbens site says off-brand,so does HwyStars, ....Beware....

Who stock's a no BS original ACDeclco OEM Buick Turbo Ignition Module ??????

Old one tempt-in till the another new one arrives...

The Brand New Piece Junk....

Probably time for a Bailey module or the ls setup from cal. Either will pay for itself in the long run.

Welll....It may not be the Ign/Coil pack at all.....The 2nd new ones in. a ACdelco all the way , The car runs for 10 minutes an shuts Off .....

Fuel pressures been checked,swapped old original back in, same thing, runs then quits.....

So, here we go again....... I'll post the findings...

HelloBozos said:
Welll....It may not be the Ign/Coil pack at all.....The 2nd new ones in. a ACdelco all the way , The car runs for 10 minutes an shuts Off .....

Fuel pressures been checked,swapped old original back in, same thing, runs then quits.....

So, here we go again....... I'll post the findings...

Have you greased the muffler bearings?

why dont you get a datalog going so it can be reviewed up untill the point it shuts off?

Thats the plan,It done the same thing with Cal in the passenger seat after we got it atleast to run with ign. modules mess .(read above)

The hard part is, is it wiring or ign. electronics...Motors pretty much counted out now becuase she runs great for the 5-10minutes she does.

I'm on the hunt.(back to bugging people)...I've read in forum about steering colume might be shorting out, i don't know, but worth a checking

If it's in the wiring, logging will be fine, all up until that point. right? I got a scanmaster3 for it. What mode should i be in for this odd fail?