110 octane?

00ws6ta

Will running 110 octane harm anything over time or is it better for the engine/turbo?

Gosh if I could afford it I would run it all the time in everything!

lawn mower, buick, daily beater........ name it.

A.j.

Octane represents the heat/energy that it takes to combust the gasoline (I'm being overly generic here).
So 110 can withstand more heat/pressure than 87 octane. If you're not getting ANY detonation with 93, then 110 is just a waste of money.

The real question is, does LEADED 110 harm my car? Oxygen sensors and catalytic convertors, yes.

If it's unleaded it won't hurt your car - just your wallet. I have never seen 110 UL. I used to run 100 UL all the time then I switched to Alky last Summer when it started getting really expensive and harder to get.

Does having a heated o2 sensor change the damage potential caused by leaded fuel?

The only thing you will get out of a heated O2 is the capability of a longer life because the lead in the gas will burn off of a hot O2, versus stick to a non-heated one. Then again, if you just jump in your car, immediately crank and start it, it is all for nothing anyways. Where you would benefit with a heated O2 is if you key on, let it sit for 40 seconds to a minute(I would think that would be long enough for it to heat up), then start it... You would be letting the heated O2 do it's job.

Once the O2 sensor goes bad though, you still have the same potential for damage.

Let me know if my logic is incorrect...

The wideband O2 i have on my car that came with the XFI has been through at least 10 tank fulls of nothing but straight 110 octane leaded or higher octane gas last spring and summer and it hasnt $hit the bed yet. I just trn the key on wait till the fo is up then i crank it over. I never wait 45 seconds to start it. When the water temp is up over 140 on a restart it goes into closed loop in about 2 seconds.

So it is possible to run leaded fuel on a heated O2 sensor? Really? as long as you allow it to warm up first?

A.j.

Could always switch over to E85, if they sell it in your area. I believe that it is equivalent to 105 octane. But depending on your application you would need bigger injectors, chip and I'm sure I'm leaving something out here. I thought about switching to E85 but all they use around my area is that 10% E85 crap. Just an idea here. :)