11 sec. with a stock turbo

How can you compare running a 108 chip to a 93 chip and not have a difference in MPH :confused:

If you add timing to any car, it will pickup. Alcohol typically runs lower timing than race gas on our cars. The way the alky chips work is throw extra timing in the lower gears and pull timing out on top. Doing so improves ET's. But MPH will be better the more timing you can run. At a given boost. You have to find what the car likes best. This is tuning :)

If your looking for the absolute fastest the car can go down the track, then adding octane and timing will always yield a faster car.

Tuning is key, Daniel how many times have you been to the track this year? With limited time, limited traction, limited tuning... how can you expect spectacular results?

Put your question this way, if you run the thrasher 93 chip on race gas at 20.5 PSI..... and you run the same chip, same boost, on 93 octane and alcohol.. your results would be identical if not better on alcohol. Do the same test with the 108 chip, you may end up with some KR on the top of third.

The alcohol systems are done to allow you to run the car at higher boost on gasoline octane it would not be allowed to do so. If you get your car tuned correctly, you may be able to get very close to the numbers you can run on a high timing/race gas combination. This statement has been proven over and over and over again.

Getting your car tuned correctly requires increasing your awareness as to what and why is happening. If your in tune with what the scantool, et slip, and your conditions are.. you will always make great numbers.

HTH

11's

Very nice comments and well put Razor.
Swede - Look at Ed's times in his sig...110 on pump/alky with 113 on 114 octane race gas. There is a different tune required, especially timing, but the ET's are VERY close!

the BIG (and I mean BIG) advantage of alky is you tune it for the street and no major changes at the track, you have your performace all the time, no expense of race gas, pump old gas out, race gas in, and vice versa, changing your tune to run it, then changing it back again. For me I want to go to the track, run my car with a :D , visit with my buds and talk not pour over my laptop and try to figure out tuning at the track. I take my time and go slow, making little changes and observing. It takes time, patience and a bit of analytical thinking....and believe me, if I can do it, anybody can! This board is a HUGE help, these guys are awesome and help is at your fingertips....;)

Julio is dead on when he talks about the timing issue. On my car the more timing I run the faster I go providing I take care of the knock. Presently I am running 28 deg. in first and second and 26 deg. in third. With the new chip I will be able to turn the timing up a little more if the motor will handle it. Tuning for more timing is a little more tricky trying to find the right combo of fuel and alcohol. Be very methodical about this and record everything for future use. Another issue that has not been touched on is weather. When you compair times and MPH check what kind of weather conditions each of these runs were under. I have found that not only are these cars sensitive to temp. but they are even more sensitive to levels of humidity. So record all conditions of each and every run and then compair times at similar readings. This information is invaluable. As you gather more information it will be easier to duplicate times under those same conditions. Hope this helps and doesn,t sound to deep.

Oh Ed, your so humble! You failed to mention that your motor has over 130,000 ORIGINAL miles on it.... read this, the heads have NEVER been off the motor fellas! Adding to that...the only performance mod Ed has done to the motor itself is a set of valve springs and port matching. Go ahead and say it isn't so and I'll prove ya VERY wrong. I almost bought the car Ed owns, and man it's come a LONG way since the other owner parted ways with it! You have to understand Ed...he changes plugs every pass and sleeps in his car when momma is pissed at him for spending more time with it than her:) Oh and BTW, don't EVER race against Ed, a bad 60' time for him is a .560, he thinks that's sleeping! Maybe...just maybe when he breaks that 11.60 time of T. Stockwell he'll upgrade to a larger turbo???