87 Regal clone with freshly rebuilt engine and trans $5,900

murphster

Due to an opportunity that I couldn't pass up, I am selling my clone. I am going to miss the car and think whoever gets it will be getting a great deal. The car is a 1987 Regal with a GN drivetrain (hence the clone), GN hood, and GN rear decklid. There are no emblems on the car. The car has a lot of extra performance parts and runs great with a rebuild of the engine from last year with a new cam and mild ported heads plus a fresh rebuilt 2004R. The paint is only so-so with some scrapes and stuff, but no dents and no rust except for a little minor surface rust at the bottom of the drivers side door.

I took some pics the other day when the sun wasn't out. I have a night picture also just to show how shiny the rims are. The following price could be negotiated lower by removing some of the parts back to stock if someone doesn't have the $. I am trying to price for a quick sale. I also included some performance notes at the end. This is not a car that has issues and needs work, etc, its ready to drive or go to the track. The only things not included that are in the pics are: the tach has been removed and there is a K&N cone filter before the MAF instead of the cold air kit.

I am asking $5,900

-Engine freshly rebuilt last year. New cam and heads were freshened with a mild port. Tanked, honed, new rings and stock crank turned 10/10 with new bearings. ARP 12pt head bolts. Double roller timing chain.

-Freshly rebuilt 2004R with CK Performance rebuild kit, TransGo shift kit, CK valve body. 9.5” ProTorque lockup converter.

Engine:
-stock throttle body, intake, plenum
-stock pistons, rods, crank
-upgraded valve springs
-206/206 flat tappet Comp Cam with lifters kit from Cottons
-stock heads ported by Cartek
-RJC power plate
-MAF translator, 3" MAF, 3" intake pipe
-HRpartsNstuff poly motor mounts, both sides
-Chrome: up pipe, MAF pipe, turbo shield, EGR cover, breathers
-rail mounted fuel pressure gauge

Fuel:
-50lb injectors
-Walbro hot wired fuel pump
-Alkycontrol alky kit

Transmission/Driveline:
-2004R just rebuilt with CK Perf. rebuild kit, TransGo shift kit, CZ valve body
-ProTorque 9.5” lockup converter
-B&M Quicksilver ratchet shifter
-stock 8.5” rear with stock posi

Turbo/IC/exhaust:
-stock turbo, non-ported
-stock IC with dutt neck
-stock headers
-3" SS THDP with test pipe
-RJC boost controller
-Hooker exhaust with Dynomax Ultra Flo mufflers

Chip:
-TurboTweak 5.6 alky chip
-23/21 base timing

Suspension:
-stock replacement springs from Kirbans
-Bilstein shocks all the way around
-stock upper and lower control arms with new Energy Suspension poly bushings
-stock rear sway bar
-stock front sway bar
-air bags in rear springs
-tubular front upper control arms from Gbody parts.

Wheels:
-Weld Draglites
- 235/60/15 Cooper Cobras up front
- 275/60/15 Mickey Thompson drag radials out back

Other:
-aluminum inserts in front and rear bumpers
-mini-starter
-F body radiator
-dual electric fans with hotwire kit
-Hurst line loc
-rear fender lips rolled
-frame notch so wider rims can be used with 5” backspace
-scanmaster 2.1
-Caspers knock gauge, VDO boost, VDO water temp, VDO oil pressure gauges
-Eclipse radio/CD player with Sirius satellite radio installed
-Subwoofer box with two 10” JL Audio subs and JL Audio Class D sub amp
-4x10” Eclipse rear speakers, 3.5” Pioneer dash speakers
-working A/C, very cold

-The car has been 11.52@113.6 with a 1.53 60ft on a TE44 and 11.94@109.8 with a 1.60 60ft on a stock turbo in the past month. The TE44 was removed because of excessive side to side play. Would probably go 11.2-11.3 on a fresh TE44. This was with a TH400 with a loose converter (15-20% slip) and HR rear swaybar. All runs on alky and 93 pump gas.

-With both stock swaybars in place, last year I went 11.64@113.3 with a 1.55 60ft and 11.58@113.9 with a 1.62 60ft on a TE44 and 12.28@107 with a 1.68 60ft on a stock turbo.

- I also have the blacked out T Type rims and blacked out 8.5" Vector rims for the track if someone wanted them in addition to the Welds for a little extra. I also have 14" steel rims with hubcaps for the sleeper look and GN rims which the hubcaps mount onto if someone wants those.

Attachments

• clone_exterior1.jpg
    clone_exterior1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,925
  • clone_exterior2.jpg
    clone_exterior2.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,930
  • clone_interior4.jpg
    clone_interior4.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,924
  • clone_interior2.jpg
    clone_interior2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,928
  • clone_exterior3.jpg
    clone_exterior3.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,923
more pics

Attachments

• clone_engine1.jpg
    clone_engine1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,903
  • clone_engine2.jpg
    clone_engine2.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,907
  • clone_engine3.jpg
    clone_engine3.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,909
  • Buick_Clone_burnout.JPG
    Buick_Clone_burnout.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,897
  • Buick_Clone_wheels_up3.JPG
    Buick_Clone_wheels_up3.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,894
pics with black rims

Attachments

• clone_exterior4.jpg
    clone_exterior4.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,882
  • sleeper_Etown.JPG
    sleeper_Etown.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,884
14x,000 on the body. I'd say 1500 or so miles on the engine since the rebuild last year, maybe 30 miles on the tranny. :)

Intrested

What stall is in it? Clear title? Can you PM me contact info?
Thank you

Sorry, no undercarriage pics and its been raining the last couple of days to get more pics. I'm located on the Jersey shore in the Red Bank/Asbury Park area.

I have the title in my name and had no issues when I bought it.

The converter is supposed to be a 3000 stall. Its a little loose for a stock turbo. Would probably work perfect with a 58-60mm turbo like a TE44 or TE60 or a newer billet 6262 turbo. I was going to throw a stock converter or similar in but I didn't have one to throw in and didn't feel like buying one, so its someone else's gain. :smile:

Couple more things I forgot to throw in. The car has a nice driveshaft loop in it that looks similar to a Metco one. The stock lower rear control arms are boxed. I put in a brand new headliner a couple years ago. The rear axles have long studs on them. Driver's side seat is electric. I think the front discs and rear rotors are brand new from a couple years ago. Electric rear trunk kit was added. Flywheel, alternator, water pump replaced with new stuff recently. Drivers side header and crossover pipe are jethot coated, no leaks from any of the headers. Battery is a recent new Diehard. It has a aftermarket car alarm, but I never use it. 160 thermostat. All the stuff you see thats not stock was mostly all bought brand new within the last two years or so.

I'm sure there is more, but thats all the stuff I can remember. :eek:

Also, car does have a tranny cooler. New rubber baffles were put in around the radiator too. Car temps run high 150s to low 160s while driving around, even in the summer.

Hey Fellas, i got 1st dibs on this bad boy since i left a deposit via paypal.

If i can ever make it over there i'll drive her home.

But hey, in all fairness whoever shows up 1st with cash in hand takes the prize, first come first serve!;)

I was looking at this as a daily driver, sounds like it's sold, you snooze you lose. Did you do all the work on the car or is it worked on locally? Just wondering who built the car I guess. All my prior turbo cars were built and tuned out of Camden. Thanks, Eric

The engine work was done in Philly at MAR, an engine shop. They cleaned it, had the crank cut and installed fresh bearings and put in new rings. Cartek checked out the heads and did a valve job and mild porting. Pacecarta on the board, a good friend of mine, put the heads on and cam in and installed it for me. It was dyno'd by Englishtown Raceway Park, right down the road from me. :biggrin:

Just wanted to say great looking car. Working on my own clone right now. Good luck with the sale. Wish I could buy it.
What is your back spacing on your rear wheels? Looks exactly like what Im planning.

as advertised

Just came back from looking at the car for someone else. Meet Scott great guy. The car is as he said great daily driver everything pretty much functional. Scott has got a great handle on the tune on this car. This car is worth it if you were just getting into Turbo Regalsor looking for a daily driver. Scott is a real gentleman to tell me a guy had a down payment on this car. Kid you better hurry up and pull the trigger on this deal. GLWS Scott looking foward to see ya soon.

Jimmy

Yeah, saw the deposit note in a previous post. If the deal falls through let me know. I was really considering the car as a fun dailiy driver.

Newbie will learn the hard way...

Guess i'm gonna abstain for now and respectfully concede to a worthy buyer...:confused: