11 sec. with a stock turbo

eddc87

I love 60 ft.
Hey Julio, Finally got my car back into the 11's with the alchol kit just like you said it would. I went to the track last night full of meth. and put down some good numbers. The runs were as follows: 1.55-7.46 @89.92-11.88@110.55, 1.56-7.47@90.02-11.88@110.68, and 1.53-7.41@90.36-11.81@110.86. I'll keep tuning and with your expert help and Eric Marshall maybe I can get that illusive 11.69. The temp. was 60 but the humidity was a wet 98%. The weather around here is like that at night. Can't wait for some cool daytime racing where the humidity is low and some sun on the track. Thanks again for all your help. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO DOWN SIDE TO THIS SYSTEM. Ed (DC Tech)

Awesome Ed! Those are some sweet short times.

I also look forward to some fun with Julio's setup as I just completed the installation of a new turbo (PTE SC6152E) and the alky kit.

11.81 on a stock turbo and alky.... buwahahahahaha :eek:

Nah it cant be :)

You Da Man Ed ;)

Incredible.

Hey I need to fly you down here to tune my car :D

I have the club orange 3000 that stalls higher than that with the tranny brake.

They are 009 but have been trimed back to 34# for the stock turbo and it is still too rich. I should have gone with 36# injectors to begin with. I was talked out of them because they thought I would grow out of them when I went to a larger turbo. I never did.

And becuase of the extra fueling provided with the alky kit.. your more than covered..

Eric is burning me a new chip with less fuel so I can turn the static pressure up from the 32# that I am running now. It doesn't want to start or idle as well as it should at this low pressure. Eric has helped me a lot and my hat is off to him. Julio and Eric make a mean team!!!

that time on a stock turbo is awsome, I also have the stock turbo and to know that something like that is possible is kick ass, could you please post the rest of your mods?

Thanks,
Joshua

Well here it goes: Poston headers and crossover, TH down pipe, Hooker 2 1/2 catback, volt booster, Kirban valve springs, Hemco, DC Tech long neck intake system, DC Tech intercooler scoop, Walbro 307, AR24 plugs, and 23# of boost. The 60 ft. times come from: boxed stock upper and lower control arms, Lakewood no hop bars (no air bags), HR parts rear sway bar, 26x10 Hoosier slicks, 90/10 shocks, Art Carr trans. w/ trans brake, and 12-15# lanches.

Hey it also helps to be thin rite?

I'd need at least 25 PSI driving your car :D

And knowing your car as the most important ingredient. That in itself... is the key.

Those who have seen Ed's car will agree, there is a lot of pride and craftsmanship in his setup. Few are nicer.

Ed.. your my Hero :D

Man Ed yer my hero! I lost patience trying to tune my car with stock turbo and I just didn't spend enough time and went bigger. Now that it's coming around...maybe I'll put that stocker back on and give her a go again! What octane race gas were you using for the "race gas" #'s? Kind of an "equivalent octane" to the alky since the times were so tight.
nice 60's too.:cool: :D

The race gas that I used was 114 octane. Put the stock turbo back on and don't be afraid to try some different things. The first thing I would suggest is talk to Eric Marshall and get one of his chips. He is on the cutting edge of chip technology. Food for thought : stock motors and stock turbos like higher timing. Watch for knock and adjust the alcohol accordingly. Attention to detail "everywhere" is the key to getting a stock turbo to run fast. You just can't turn the boost up to go faster because you can only force so much air through that small opening. The stock unit isn't very efficient above 22# and generates a tremendous amount of heat and you know what that does to horsepower. Take your time, have some fun and see how far you can go. There aren't many of us out there.

Ed, Eric's chip is on the way, I'll spend the winter months contemplating....Thanks for the tips and encouragement!

Eddc87, my new goal is to hit 11's before going to larger turbo.
This goal was set from seeing that it can be done.....so thanks,

Joshua

The art carr trans parts are holding up nice for me, and i love the T-brake, but i can't use any more than 8psi on launch. Tires let loose. I will try the bigger swaybar, and real slicks. i use the 27" 11.5 quick time pro. I also need to use 4th gear. Art talked me into a non-lockup. I guess 28"tires are needed, but I still think I will need 4th. Way to go pushing the limits of the stock turbo! I run a TE-61.

It seems like the alky chips/combo makes the mph sink ?

Last year I runned 90-92 mph in the quarter with stock turbo and trasher 108 chip. This season I runned 85-87 mph with alky, TT chip and a TA49.

PSI on stock turbo was 20.5, and I really dont know what it was at the TA49... the stock gauge was pointing over 20 and my aftermarket gauge was at 22, but I think it leaks a bit.

What I have seen on this board is that people get slower mph with alky most of the times. I guess its bad tuning lol.

Daniel

I have seen nothing but good results for myself and other people. More boost and alky=better times. If my car went 85 mph in the quarter, I would be ready to sell and upgrade to a Honda. I've been 116mph with a few small mods+alky. I'm happy. There must be something wrong with Sweedish alchohol!

Well sorry!

I was stupid enough to assume that everyone knew that it was the 1/8 mile mph I talked about lol. I did not run quarter mile this year, but last year I went 112 as highest on stock turbo and 20.5 psi boost.

But I may have had a MAF pipe leak during this season runs, cause I runned the stock pipe wich wich had melt down a bit... I think it was enough to take in some air and destroy the A/F... We will see how it goes next year.

Daniel