10 sec on pump gas

TKGN1

Went a 10.96/126 on 93 oct./alky this past weekend. 24 lbs boost, horrible 1.78 60ft., 88* weather.
I believe with a better 60 ft (launching off the t-brake) along with a little tweaking I should see some 10.7s or 8s.
Either way I was happy to see 10s on pump gas.
Many thanks to Discostu for helping out with the street tune.

Went a 10.96/126 on 93 oct./alky this past weekend. 24 lbs boost, horrible 1.78 60ft., 88* weather.
I believe with a better 60 ft (launching off the t-brake) along with a little tweaking I should see some 10.7s or 8s.
Either way I was happy to see 10s on pump gas.
Many thanks to Discostu for helping out with the street tune.

Very nice, cooler weather and a 1.5-1.6 60ft a 10.5 could be possible! care to share your combo:)

What's your combo and I'm guessing that was off the foot brake? Nice run and I hope to be there myself...hopefully sooner than later.

thanks guys.
It was foot brake launch.
109(girdled), stock rods/crank, Champion iron heads, 218 flat tappet cam, 6776 bb, ptc 9.5 nl converter, fast xfi, alky control, and other basic mods.
I would love to see mid 10s on my street tune, I'll probably get the launch situation fixed then hit it with some race fuel/race tune next spring and try for some lower 10s.

be sure and order one of those Ultimate J-rods, before you use that T brake..

congrats Tod

are you running full weight...no glass bumpers, hoods etc? same setup but using the T brake, I bet you hit your 10.50 first time out. :cool:

are you running full weight...no glass bumpers, hoods etc? same setup but using the T brake, I bet you hit your 10.50 first time out. :cool:

Full weight, all steel, still have A/C, cruise, the works. Even run my bling 17's on the front at the track! I'm trying to keep it a nice street cruiser. Thanks for your enthusiasm!!!!

Thanks Dusty, and thanks for setting me up with the converter. First time to the track with the converter and seems to be working great! Good street manners as well, I was skeptical at first about it on the street but has kept perfect street performance.
Thanks again