1/8 Mile Run

87chrisss

BLUBYU
Stock longblock, stock cam, stock heads, stock valve springs stock intake stock t/b doghouse stock rocker's etc... You get the point stock longblock.

PART_1361084314028.jpeg

Stock longblock nothing inside motor not even valve springs were changed on that run. Im changing those now actually.. But only external Bolt on's
11.6? I was actually using this Chart below w.e not too much of a diffence (slow) as hell.. It would look alot better if my 60ft was in the 1.5's this run i ran pig rich. W,e will see what it does when i swap the springs. I actually ran 2 more times that night when i bumped up timing and leaned it out and got over 95 mph but got loose let off and got back on it the track was chit that night.

7.35 11.47
7.4 11.54

John Wilde said:
This = 11.608, what mods does the car have?

Looks like 11.38-11.4. Mph indicates 11.25-11.3 potential.

It will run the 6;9 time im swapping Valve springs and will go back out there with a more aggresive tune and try and play with the MPH the old 7disk locks. We'll see.

I was just using the TCI chart, I know it isn't the most accurate for
Turbo applications but I thought it was a good base line.
I am looking forward to your next update.

Try the 1/8th mile time multiplied by 1.55.
Chris what plugs are you using? How did you come up with the current tune? Is it at 30 psi? What do you plan to do to make it more aggressive?

I use 1/4 mile ET = (1/8th et + .22)/.655. I don't remember where I got it but it seem to work pretty good

Well, that run i ran very very rich low 10's AFR .. ran good without any knock. clocked me the 7.3 you see up there But pig Rich, Gabby gave me some food for thought and i did what he said but spun out the hole and got 7;4 @ about 96 mph the 60 was around high 1.8 or 9?! i spun bad.. So i knew we gave it more power. Then i tried one last run did a good burn out to get it stickyy and it did the same thing spun bad so couldnt get a baseline with the leaner AFR. He ran that night too but the track wasn't holding up well it was also freezing cold 50's for Miami is cold! Boost wise the car seems" to be on 1st and 2nd gear @ 26.5-30 psi range it varies?!!? in 3rd gear with tcc lok'd @ 65 it goes up to about 30.2 psi. BUT again i was running very Rich. Gabby is helping me alot with the tune and some advice. After the last run that i spun hard he actually asked me where i had set my tire pressure and it seemed i was running the DR's to to low, which was basically making my tire shrink because of the tiny 8inch rim. On plugs im running r42's @ either 28 or 30 i cant remember off the top of my head?! On the more aggressive tune part i dont think Gabby would want me to say it out loud here, but basically just testing AFR @ levels not posted very often that he has trued and tried i guess would be ok to say? Other than that i mean im trying out some new springs since i have old stocker's and see where i go from there. Im thinking about trying to lock converter in 2nd instead of 3rd seems like i lock the converter and the car really starts to move and im suddenly out behind the 1/8th already. Would like to see it lock in the 1/4 at about 75 mph till the finish line.

32-3500 vigilante 7 disc l/u converter. The turbo is a hybrid turbo and was built by Bison, its a 62 high pressure wheel with a stage 5 turbine and Garrett .63 ex. E cover.

Well, that run i ran very very rich low 10's AFR .. ran good without any knock. clocked me the 7.3 you see up there But pig Rich, Gabby gave me some food for thought and i did what he said but spun out the hole and got 7;4 @ about 96 mph the 60 was around high 1.8 or 9?! i spun bad.. So i knew we gave it more power. Then i tried one last run did a good burn out to get it stickyy and it did the same thing spun bad so couldnt get a baseline with the leaner AFR. He ran that night too but the track wasn't holding up well it was also freezing cold 50's for Miami is cold! Boost wise the car seems" to be on 1st and 2nd gear @ 26.5-30 psi range it varies?!!? in 3rd gear with tcc lok'd @ 65 it goes up to about 30.2 psi. BUT again i was running very Rich. Gabby is helping me alot with the tune and some advice. After the last run that i spun hard he actually asked me where i had set my tire pressure and it seemed i was running the DR's to to low, which was basically making my tire shrink because of the tiny 8inch rim. On plugs im running r42's @ either 28 or 30 i cant remember off the top of my head?! On the more aggressive tune part i dont think Gabby would want me to say it out loud here, but basically just testing AFR @ levels not posted very often that he has trued and tried i guess would be ok to say? Other than that i mean im trying out some new springs since i have old stocker's and see where i go from there. Im thinking about trying to lock converter in 2nd instead of 3rd seems like i lock the converter and the car really starts to move and im suddenly out behind the 1/8th already. Would like to see it lock in the 1/4 at about 75 mph till the finish line.
Hey Chriss what seems to be the best tire pressure to run at county line ?? I run the mickey thompsons at 12#,s and spun bad as well ...

What's up man, yea Gabby suggest 17# on Drag Radials..I Havent tried it yet but his car hooks fairly well. Let me know when you go next time. Will go abuse on some of the stangs/hondas.. Actually they got some pretty fast chit last time i went so ill let you go 1st lol.

With 275/60-15 DR I'd start around 18 and drop in .5psi increments. There's no exact number but I doubt you'd ever be below 15psi with any success

ok thanks , yea Chris I will let you know when we go again and your right there were a lot of fast cars ,I was hopin Gabby was there so he could help me tune my car on E-85 , it did not run well at all and I blew a head gasket to boot ... Got to love these cars