parts on the way

austinibew145

parts orderd and on the way. hoping to be running e85 on friday night. I'll let you know what I think. 120lb inj., moded ecm, TT chip.:cool:

Consider me subscribed to this thread. I'll be switching to E85 this sumer and have been trying to read as much feedback from everyone. I take it from your screen name that your an electrician and your in Illinois do you every do any work at McCormick Place with the 134 IBEW?

I hope all reports are good ones. injectors should be here tomorrow ecm soon after. looks like the chip wont be here until next week. I have worked in kewanee, galsburg, and galena (704).

well, if it doesn't work out- i'll buy ecm, injectors, and chip. keep us posted, i'm starting to look for that setup myself.

computer & chip in today. installed and running. much better! smells good too. I still have some tunning to do.:cool:

Guys, Austin swapped the 120lb injectors that he bought out of Summit for $300 (Trick Flows), the modded ECM from FullThrottle $200, and the chip from Eric $65 into the GN and I can tell you it is one heck of a difference. The car runs very strong even at just 16psi. We had no knock issues at that boost level. We dont want to bump the boost up any higher at this point in time because he is running a stock replacement parts store fuel pump. The car didnt lean out or have any issues at 16psi though. It idles very smoothly, boost is more responsive than before, and yeah the smell is great! I recommend this swap to anyone. The cost is practically identical to the Razor Alky kit + chip. And, you dont have to worry about an extra alky pump, wiring, injector, etc that could fail and blow the motor. I hope this help guys! GREAT UPGRADE!!!

thanks Jeremy! My house, yard, garage, (all of carbon cliff) smell like burnt rubber:eek:

HAHA!!! At least it was just the Regal and not the GN tires!!!!!!!! That was freakin awesome! "No officer, that fowl smell is just becuase we accidently started the aircleaner on fire with the Starting fluid!" I cant believe he actually bought that one as there was burnt rubber smoke pouring out of the garage!!! What a fun night!

Guys, Austin swapped the 120lb injectors that he bought out of Summit for $300 (Trick Flows), the modded ECM from FullThrottle $200, and the chip from Eric $65 into the GN and I can tell you it is one heck of a difference. The car runs very strong even at just 16psi. We had no knock issues at that boost level. We dont want to bump the boost up any higher at this point in time because he is running a stock replacement parts store fuel pump. The car didnt lean out or have any issues at 16psi though. It idles very smoothly, boost is more responsive than before, and yeah the smell is great! I recommend this swap to anyone. The cost is practically identical to the Razor Alky kit + chip. And, you dont have to worry about an extra alky pump, wiring, injector, etc that could fail and blow the motor. I hope this help guys! GREAT UPGRADE!!!

Some great stuff!! Just wait till you get a good pump and turn it up. Jer. what kind of timing you guys running??? You headed out here today????

Just an FYI about knock with E85, I just converted my wifes GN to E85 with 75lb injectors and we were running out of fuel (GSS340 pump, 255 lph) at 16 psi. I converted the car to a FAST system and we were logging the car while getting it dialed in. The car showed ZERO knock but was still lean! E85 is very knock resistent and just because the car is showing no knock and not pulling timing it does not indicate that it is not lean. I will be installing 2 new GSS340 pumps to supply enough fuel. I would highly recommend installing some sort of wideband that you can log with or view while getting it tuned.

Just an FYI about knock with E85, I just converted my wifes GN to E85 with 75lb injectors and we were running out of fuel (GSS340 pump, 255 lph) at 16 psi. I converted the car to a FAST system and we were logging the car while getting it dialed in. The car showed ZERO knock but was still lean! E85 is very knock resistent and just because the car is showing no knock and not pulling timing it does not indicate that it is not lean. I will be installing 2 new GSS340 pumps to supply enough fuel. I would highly recommend installing some sort of wideband that you can log with or view while getting it tuned.

Exactly my thoughts. Spending the $$$ on the correct pump is cheaper than the cost of an engine rebuild! And remember E85 will make more power when rich. Leaner is not meaner with the corn......

Exactly my thoughts. Spending the $$$ on the correct pump is cheaper than the cost of an engine rebuild! And remember E85 will make more power when rich. Leaner is not meaner with the corn......

I've never understood why people will spend so much money on their engines and other things to make them go but then cheap out on the fuel system

I have been looking at a lot of pumps. but I don't know what I am looking for. flow rate, pressure, inlet size.

I went the e85 route and used a fuelab pump, filter and regulator. Aluminum fuel cell aeroquip teflon lines and a magnafuel post pump 24 micron ss filter. Also the fuel rail adapter made by turbofabricator and a #8 fitting to the stock fuel rail. If flows like a fire hose make a good bit of noise but I will not be running out of fuel any time soon. The pump also has a low and high feature controlled by either xfi of a hobbs switch. I was not about to sink this much money into the engine to starve it with a stock style pump set up.
If your going to do the telfon line route have summit price match murdoch industrial there prices are unreal on aeroquip products there web page is aeroquip.cc

What do you guys think about the Supra pump and using the stock lines? Is this sufficient for these 120lb injectors? I'm thinking this pump, Racetronix hotwire kit, and the adapter kit for the Denso/Supra pump will be good for Austin's set up. I know it's not a full blown fuel system with a big external pump, big lines, etc and that is always a possibility too. Austins car is fairly mild with a TE44, ported heads, a mild cam, stock trans, stock innercooler. The guys running pump gas seem to be pretty happy with these pumps. What do you guys think?

What do you guys think about the Supra pump and using the stock lines? Is this sufficient for these 120lb injectors? I'm thinking this pump, Racetronix hotwire kit, and the adapter kit for the Denso/Supra pump will be good for Austin's set up. I know it's not a full blown fuel system with a big external pump, big lines, etc and that is always a possibility too. Austins car is fairly mild with a TE44, ported heads, a mild cam, stock trans, stock innercooler. The guys running pump gas seem to be pretty happy with these pumps. What do you guys think?

Those pumps are good.

** The problem is that the stock fuel lines will barely accomodate 83s at 100% DC flow. ** What is your injector duty cycle with those 120s?? 83s will get you into the 10s with E-85..how fast is Austin wanting to go here??

I'm wanting to go to 120s as well on the GN but I will be upgrading the lines at the same time.