A 60 ft question?

Was the temperature very hot? My car runs a lot slower in say 88 to 90 degrees, these cars really like cooler weather.

wbrophy said:
1.7/1.9 60 ft.'s will not snap your neck; it's closer to taking off in front of a police station's traffic light. :D :D Last Friday when I put down a couple 1.80's on Firestones I launched at zero "0" boost and then "tried" to walk the gas pedal down at a certain "rate" for my car's power to put down a good 60 ft.

Being your car first sticks at 6/7 lbs. I would practice walking the pedal down from there at whatever rate it will take so it is on the edge. Depending on how fast the power comes on after launch sometimes you may even have to back off slightly before walking the pedal down if you want to launch at that boost. Just my $.02, take it for what it's worth. :biggrin:
take a ride in mine at 7 psi launch and tell me if your head and body doesnt get pinned and snapped back it hits you hard at 1.7 60 foot. i tried holding 7 psi then mash the gas and let go at 10 psi it feels the same putting you back but it revs alot faster to second leaving a 6 inch patch on the ground

What is the proper way to "lean it out at the launch?" With the Turbotweak chip I guess I could take some fuel out of first gear or increase the timing in 1st and 2nd. What do you guys do? Also, could the old stock converter be going south? How would I check that? Thanks for all the help. R.B.

rb68rr said:
What is the proper way to "lean it out at the launch?" With the Turbotweak chip I guess I could take some fuel out of first gear or increase the timing in 1st and 2nd. What do you guys do? Also, could the old stock converter be going south? How would I check that? Thanks for all the help. R.B.
when my converter went south every pass my 60 foots kept getting worse 1.7 1.8 1.9 2.0

Mine seem to be doing the same thing. Is there a procedure for checking it. I guess I should just go ahead and upgrade to a 2800 stall or something. R.B.

rb68rr said:

With the tt chip the fuel is for WOT only in all gears, so you may want to increase the 1/2 timing, that will help. The only way to lean the fuel at launch would be to turn the fuel pressure down 2/4 psi on the regulator than add some fuel in with the chip for WOT.

wbrophy said:
With the tt chip the fuel is for WOT only in all gears, so you may want to increase the 1/2 timing, that will help.
there is a parameter for 1st gear only too

lpaulabbott said:
there is a parameter for 1st gear only too
Not in my tt chip that I got a few months ago. :D
PS: I checked the site and they do have WOT fuel on some chips for first gear but that still does not help the launch. It would have to be done as I suggested.

My chip has three parameters maybe due to big injectors and you don't use the gas pedal.

there should be 4 parameters
1 wot fuel first gear only
2 wot fuel in all gears
3 wot timing 1/2 gears
4 wot timing 3/4 gears
also you use the gas pedal to change them

Upon Reveiw

"All" the new chips (5.6) use the gas pedal and have the 4 parameters. The WOT fuel does not kick in until the boost reaches 12 lbs.
The 5.5 chips like mine have 3.

Could someone with directscan post some information for me? Look at the file of a good run with a really good launch and post the 02's at 5mph,15mph,25mph and 30mph. Please don't send the whole file as I am on webtv and can't read it. Trying to see what 02's produces the best 60 fts. Thanks, R.B.