Have a line on a Stage II Indy car motor Have questions

thunderace31

Banned
Ok here is the deal I can get a killer deal on a BRAND NEW only run on the dyno and thats it Stage II Indy car eng.

Now my questions

What do I need to run this in my T-type??

I want it turbo charged and Fuel Inj. It has a carb on it right now :(

It made 525 HP the way it sets. Has custom Stage II Heads and I dont know about headers fitting or any of that.

Just thinking about buying and doing what I need to to put it in.

I was told its cost $40,000 to build :) and let tell you I can get it for way way less :D

Thanks for the info guys

You'll need to do a lot to get it the way tou want it. Depending on bore & stroke, I've seen them go for around $5000 to $8000.
Is it wet or dry sum? What are you gonna run in your car?
To make it tubo you will need to change pistons & cam. You can have the carb intake modified for fuel injection for around $400 + bonnett & T.B.
To make it fit in your T-type you'll need to do a lot of mods. Are you gonna run A/C? If so, you need to modifie you heater box. (1 row heater core) Fab/Modifie linkage. Headers are hard to come by. (I'm having custom headers made as we speak) Is in ON or OFF center? If its on center, you'll need to mill the bracket for the accesory to line up.
Hope this helps you out.
CC

I didnt think to see if it was on or off center block.
I know I need to change the cam but the comprestion I was told is only 9.5 to 1. I dont want to keep the A/C if I go to this I will remove it and goto a Front Mount IC. also.

What about motor mounts?? Same dif. ??

This is a complete running Motor and he wants $around what you are saying for it. I thought that was a good deal but maybe not???
Its got some bad ass heads I have never seen ports this big on any v6 its also a 4.5 liter.

Thanks for the info :)

"Indy car" engine

If it really is an "Indy car" engine (by which I assume you mean "Indy Lites") it will have dry sump oiling with a flat bottomed pan about 2" deep, belt driven oil and water pumps located low down on each side and 6 separate, cast magnesium intake trumpets. If it is and you can't use it I might be interested.

I am going to go look at it this comming week if all goes well or maybe next.
I saw it the last time its was on a palet on a shelf way up in a rack and they were way to busy to pull it down. (He's a friend so I cant be a dick about things)
I want the vin off the block and Ill get some photos of it also.

Thanks for the info

Dont know yet what I am going to do lol.
On the fence as I need a new Day to day ride as mine was just in a wreck :(
If its not one thing its another I sware!