parts on the way

working on fule system. the car runs good but I have been told the pump is too weak.
Told you and Jer. to be careful, what pump you going to go with?? Do you have a WBO2 or power logger to data log???? Did you find out what kind of timing you have it set at?
Nick

Curious, who said or what data/experiences made you switch from ( Lucas ?? ) 120's to the Trick Flow 120's?

I'd think the easiest way to go would have been the 79lb injector/chip package from Eric personally. What's the plan since you're running a lot of stock parts and a 44 turbo?

Supra pump WITH the new Racetronix Supra pump feed wire kit ( 5.5% more pump voltage ) and hot wire kit would be plenty for that car in it's current state. If you plan on making more power down the road on a new billet turbo ( 62, 67 or 70 ) ditch the lines while you're back there to at least a -8 feed -6 return. I'd look at the lines like this, you need 28% more fuel volume with E85, you better not try to squeeze that through the already taxed stock lines when making 4-500hp +. It's not worth risking the engine over $300 to upgrade the lines and filter to help volume IMO.

I talked to a company that currently has an 85lb high z and they are confident they will have a 95 to over 100lb high z in the coming years with a new booster box that is plug and play. I hope they actually contact Eric like I suggested them too for us.

I'll be either 79 or 85lb high z and Supra pump this year.

ordered bigger lines, -12,-10, -8, sump for tank, and fittings. I don't have pump yet. I plan to do this only one time! so I want to be able to run just about any thing. the rate I've been going who knows where I'll end up? this car didn't run two months ago, and has been sitting longer than e85 has been out:( . good thing Jeremy loves these cars. thanks Jeremy!

ordered bigger lines, -12,-10, -8, sump for tank, and fittings. I don't have pump yet. I plan to do this only one time! so I want to be able to run just about any thing. the rate I've been going who knows where I'll end up? this car didn't run two months ago, and has been sitting longer than e85 has been out:( . good thing Jeremy loves these cars. thanks Jeremy!

Your on the right track now:wink: Don't forget to use stainless mesh fuel filters.

Just an FYI about knock with E85, I just converted my wifes GN to E85 with 75lb injectors and we were running out of fuel (GSS340 pump, 255 lph) at 16 psi. I converted the car to a FAST system and we were logging the car while getting it dialed in. The car showed ZERO knock but was still lean! E85 is very knock resistent and just because the car is showing no knock and not pulling timing it does not indicate that it is not lean. I will be installing 2 new GSS340 pumps to supply enough fuel. I would highly recommend installing some sort of wideband that you can log with or view while getting it tuned.

may just be a bad pump
have 75's here and last time at he track doing some base tune shakedown runs
xfi was showing only around 55% inj d/c

another lil tune secret from me to you... i change my fuel filter every spring
12bucks is a solid investment to ensure max flow from your fuel system ;)
-dan

No prob man! For the $85 chip, $300 injectors, and and a better pump, why not do it!

Austin - You've done alot of upgrades which is good but what I want everyone thats doesn't already know to understand that these types of upgrades ( fuel lines and rails ) are not really needed ( even with 100% E-85 ) unless you really plan dip down in the 10s.

I know a TR owner that has a fairly stock car with a bigger turbo going lowwww 11s with just 79s( stock ECM ) and a chip thats it. He had already upgraded the pump earlier in the cars life which is usually the case anyway.

Alky injection is not the best bang for the buck anymore if your able to get E-85 in your area. Plenty of us here have proven that already.

Most people will say go with 60s on TRs that run pumps gas. Most TRs that want to run E-85 will have plenty of headroom if they upgrade to only the 79s. A good pump, 79s and a matching E-85 chip will do wonders for most cars that want to go to E-85, its really all that is needed.

Having said that, Austin could you please give part# numbers and maybe some pics and hopefully we can get Hot AIR to start a sticky in regards to upgrading fuel lines. Let us know how it goes with your upgrades and thank you so far for all the feedback and updates. :)

I get what your saying, I don't need to go all out on the fuel system, Jeremy told me the same thing. The deal is that the fuel lines are rusting out and need replaced, the fuel pump is small (stock), and the money is available. I'm hoping this will be all I need for fuel system. pic's on the way.

Austin - You've done alot of upgrades which is good but what I want everyone thats doesn't already know to understand that these types of upgrades ( fuel lines and rails ) are not really needed ( even with 100% E-85 ) unless you really plan dip down in the 10s.

I know a TR owner that has a fairly stock car with a bigger turbo going lowwww 11s with just 79s( stock ECM ) and a chip thats it. He had already upgraded the pump earlier in the cars life which is usually the case anyway.

Alky injection is not the best bang for the buck anymore if your able to get E-85 in your area. Plenty of us here have proven that already.

Most people will say go with 60s on TRs that run pumps gas. Most TRs that want to run E-85 will have plenty of headroom if they upgrade to only the 79s. A good pump, 79s and a matching E-85 chip will do wonders for most cars that want to go to E-85, its really all that is needed.

Having said that, Austin could you please give part# numbers and maybe some pics and hopefully we can get Hot AIR to start a sticky in regards to upgrading fuel lines. Let us know how it goes with your upgrades and thank you so far for all the feedback and updates. :)

What pump upgrade did your friend go to. I have the reds single XP and i hope to run mid to low 11's with my combo below. With Stock fuel lines. Thanks
Hey Austin glad to see your car is coming along well.

Austin, you've never stated an E.T. or power goal? This will determine the pump needed on E85.

If the lines are junk than just do it now, you'll gain the headroom on any pump you use with -8 or -10 lines.

Many have used the stock fuel filter. For those of us with upgraded lines, they have stainless mesh filter elements so no worries.

(-8an, 25mic, SS filter )
MagnaFuel MP-7010 - MagnaFuel Fuel Filters - summitracing.com

(-10an, 25mic, SS filter )
MagnaFuel MP-7008 - MagnaFuel Fuel Filters - summitracing.com

thanks for the help:cool: I just pulled the tank to start welding the sump. I'm using the tank out of my 82 regal (not fule injected car). will I have any problems with it?

have 75's here and last time at he track doing some base tune shakedown runs
xfi was showing only around 55% inj d/c

Just curious as to which turbo, and how much boost? I am getting ready to switch to e-85 and trying to figure out if i have enough injector.
I have a fuelab fuel pump, bigger feed line, and 72's. I will be running a 70hpq at 26-28lbs.
Thanks,

Geoff

Just curious as to which turbo, and how much boost? I am getting ready to switch to e-85 and trying to figure out if i have enough injector.
I have a fuelab fuel pump, bigger feed line, and 72's. I will be running a 70hpq at 26-28lbs.
Thanks,

Geoff

Short answer is NO your injectors are not big enough. My White car is a stock turbo, stock IC car with a little porting and I was @ almost 70% @ 22psi with my 83s. HTH Bear in mind I'm assuming here that you have all the other stuff we would usually see with a car that has a 70 on it.

I'm fairly sure I will be in trouble in the GN when I get that 61 boosting up there. I have 83s on that car as well.

120's are going to require a double (parallel) pump or exotic Aeromotive, magnafuel, fuellabs, etc. setup, no way around it.
A single Denso -1020 TT can supply enough for 65 #'ers (@ 100% d.c.)
A Bosch 044 by itself is good up to 75#'s.
An Apexi BRN32 is good up to 83#'s.
A 340 in-tank in series with a Bosch 044 external can supply enough for 83#'s
A single Pierburg 360 L/hr external can feed up to 85#'s.

Keep in mind what kind of Power and AF/R you run fidget with the Injector size and Pump flow #'s. Many E85 FI dyno graphs show that fuel makes great power in the high 10:1 AF/R, much richer than gas.