My goal...10's w/PT54 and unported heads

Pt-54

FOR THE PRICE I SOLD THE TURBO, HELL KEVIN. YOU SHOULD BUY IT BACK AND GIVE IT TO ME. ALONG WITH THE HEADERS. ;) GOOD LUCK WITH BOTH MOTORS. FRANK. :cool:

Kevin, glad to see you're back. I think I got my car pretty well figured out. I found out that the knock retard was caused by the tranny shifting so hard. I ran it pretty much all week at BG. Most of the runs were made at 30+ lbs of boost. Every pass showed between 10-15 degrees of knock at the 1-2 and 2-3 shift. My 60fts got worse, probably from being so rich. Here's my best et time slip:
r/t ... .650
60' ...1.593
330 ... 4.529
1/8 ... 7.049
mph ... 97.40
1000 ... 9.246
1/4 ... 11.115
mph ... 120.65

My best mph of the weekend was during eliminations on Saturday. I had the fuel pressure turned down to 35lbs with the line off and running on 1 pump. I was asleep at the protree, and got taken out in the first round. Not to mention, the other car was a 10.50 car. :D
r/t ... .503
60ft ... 1.748
330 ... 4.724
1/8 ... 7.244
mph ... 97.62
1000 ... 9.437
1/4 ... 11.29
mph ... 121.63

I'm gonna try to get to the track this weekend. With a little less fuel pressure, I think I can get my 10 second timeslip. Anyone got a boost gauge that goes to 40psi??????? :eek:

Tom....not a chance :wink:

Frank...thanks, I need all the luck I can get now!

TurboTimmer....damn, you are VERY close! Good luck and keep us posted. I will update this as soon as I get my car ruuning again. Should be a few weeks or so. Right now, I am going to try 11's with the stock turbo.b

Kevin a couple weeks after I bought the alky kit from u I cracked my crankshaft in 2 spots.So I under going an all forged build up.But still not sure what cam a 212-212 or Conley's wants me to put their spec 2 , 221-221 .496 lift 112 lope sep. All this with my 6131e turbo ,any opinion
Thanks JoJo :confused:

1987 grand national
Champion aluminum heads
1.65 rockers
205/210 cam
Hemco plenum
Accufab 70mm throttle body
Front mount Intercooler
65lb high impedence injectors (edge products)64.5 @ 43.5psi-80% duty cycle
Walbro pump,hot wired
200 4r
10" convertor,no lockup
3.42 gear
LT1 mass air meter with translator
4" cold air intake
T-70 turbo
TA performance headers
ATR 3" down pipe
Turbonetics delta gate mark II 6psi
Turbonetics boost controller
Full slicks and lots more and never close to 10's

screamindemon2 said:
Kevin a couple weeks after I bought the alky kit from u I cracked my crankshaft in 2 spots.So I under going an all forged build up.But still not sure what cam a 212-212 or Conley's wants me to put their spec 2 , 221-221 .496 lift 112 lope sep. All this with my 6131e turbo ,any opinion
Thanks JoJo :confused:
Sorry to hear about your car :( If I were you, I would go with what Conley's recommends. I sure their tech guy's over there have a ton more knowledge on what would be better than I do. When I make big decisions on parts for my car, I have a few people whom are very knowledgeable help me out.

Thanks Kevin u r probley right .It is the last piece I have to buy, & every thing is about to come out of the machine shop.And be put together , good luck going 10s ,I'm going to be trying w/ my 6131e.
JoJo :)

I went 11.1 on bone stock engine with a 61 turbo and 42.5 inj.

I had to spray a little alky to keep it cool and fueled. (I was a little scared and knew I was at the limit)

I think I was done.

1.51 60'

I would not try to go over 120MPH with 42.5s, but that's just me.

Good luck.

what am I doing wrong?

Hey guys, I see you guys going 10s and 11s on basicly stock. This is what I have so far..TE-45A turbo, front mount I/C, 50 lbs injectors, 3 inch down pipe, rj power plate, alky system, enlarged and polished intake, polished iron heads, 30 over pistons, 3500 non lock up converter and running 25 lbs of boost and I can't get out 12s. What the Heck am I doing wrong? can someone give me a basic list to at least follow. (numbers to tune the car) cam size etc (transbrake?) What ever I need.

I guess it's the combo and tune. (Chip, fuel pressure, boost, etc) (turbo, fuel system etc.)

Then the other side of the story.....
Rotating weight, tires, trans-brake, awsome torque converter, little suspension changes, on and on....

I have more than I'm telling you. Just a bunch of little things. Voltage booster for example.

And the most important!......The overall health of your engine. Good ignition system up to snuff? Everything all sealed up?

Well I started my quest with my PT-54 last weekend. Not even close to you Kevin but it was my first time out with it. I was hoping for 115mph but ended up with 113.5. My et was 11.96@113 w/1.694 60 ft.
Thats with 26 psi 0k and my O2 was 667. Car likes the mid to high 600 for O@. I'm leaving with 5psi boost.

My combo
PT-54
V4 intercooler
50# injectors
Adjustable FP regulator
Walbro 340 hotwired
UMI adjustable uppers and solid lowers (stock pinion angle)
Big mouth cold air
TT chip with Torco 110
ATR dp
ATR 2.5 dual exhaust
Comp Eng. rear shocks set at 50/50
Stock springs and no air bags
Stock sway bars front and rear
Centerline Tel-Stars with skinnies up front and Hoosier QTP 27X10.5 rear
2004r with A/C 9.5 L/U and shift kit with 7004r pick up

Everything else is stock un opened. Car has 45,000 on it. T-top car. Don't know the weight of it yet. I've been reading and re-reading this thread trying to pick up bit and pieces to go faster. I know I can pick up et with better rrear sway bar and lose the front. I also have some CE 90/10s for it. I want to pick up some mph. 113 is to low for that combo. I need to intall my turbo link so that I can record my runs and see my shift pointes and what not. Scanmaster is good for the street but not for the track IMO. I've been gathering parts to do a 4.1 that I'd like to get done before I hurt the stock motor. But thats going to have to wait till at least next summer.

Wish me luck I'm going to need it :D

Mike

YI_work said:
Well Thats with 26 psi 0k and my O2 was 667. Car likes the mid to high 600 for O@. I'm leaving with 5psi boost.

Mike

:eek:

mid to high 600's seems mighty lean to me..... mid to high 700's are probably more the norm.......

IMHO you need a wideband to tune with really.... before you hurt something trying to tune with the narrow band 02 sensor....

Blazer406 said:

mid to high 600's seems mighty lean to me..... mid to high 700's are probably more the norm.......

IMHO you need a wideband to tune with really.... before you hurt something trying to tune with the narrow band 02 sensor....

Yeah I know thats lean but it liked that. When I had them in the 700 it ran slower :confused: I had no knock so I kept my foot in it. Both my 11.90 passes where in the same range. Thats why i need to get my Turboloink hooked up

freakazoid said:
Hey guys, I see you guys going 10s and 11s on basicly stock. This is what I have so far..TE-45A turbo, front mount I/C, 50 lbs injectors, 3 inch down pipe, rj power plate, alky system, enlarged and polished intake, polished iron heads, 30 over pistons, 3500 non lock up converter and running 25 lbs of boost and I can't get out 12s. What the Heck am I doing wrong? can someone give me a basic list to at least follow. (numbers to tune the car) cam size etc (transbrake?) What ever I need.

It all takes time and tuning. Your recipe should put you in the mid tens, providing your fuel pump can keep up. You gotta do the basics. I worked my way up on boost for fear of hurting it. What kind of tires? Slicks or street tires? Hopefully slicks with your combo. What kind of 60fts are you doin? How much boost do you launch with? Bad 60fts will kill your ets. Are you getting any knock retard during a pass? If you're still running the stock cam, I would recommend a lock up converter and at least 28 inch tires. What are your o2 voltage numbers? Very car is a little different. I still don't think I found my car's sweet spot yet. Most of all, don't get frustrated. You'll figure it out.

Post a time slip if you have one.
Tim

That's fine Tom and John, sell my tranny that's at Tom's house. I will then have to tell both your wives how much you actually spend on your cars ;)