My goal...10's w/PT54 and unported heads

Keep us posted. We may have to TTT this thread every now and again. To keep this thread alive.

JC Turbo said:
Keep us posted. We may have to TTT this thread every now and again. To keep this thread alive.
Will do! Post your updates as well in here. Good Luck!!

Updates of my piston carnage!

Attachments

• oldpiston1.jpg
    oldpiston1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 467
Did get some rods the other day :) These will go good with the forged pistons, Eagle crank and girdle that are all in the hands of Lonnie Diers who is building my short block :biggrin:

Attachments

• rod1.jpg
    rod1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 463
John Wilde said:
I have to give you credit, you don't doing anything half assed.. :eek:
Thanks! I sold my PT54 and intercooler. It is probally going to take me all summer to piece it back together. The plan is a 70, Lonnie's new V1, roller cam, either ported stockers or aluminum heads (not sure yet) and everything in between :)

Right now my heads are at my head porter's. I cann't make my mind up if I should give him the green light to start them yet.

KevinB said:
Thanks! I sold my PT54 and intercooler. It is probally going to take me all summer to piece it back together. The plan is a 70, Lonnie's new V1, roller cam, either ported stockers or aluminum heads (not sure yet) and everything in between :)

Right now my heads are at my head porter's. I cann't make my mind up if I should give him the green light to start them yet.

Kevin,

That sounds sick, good luck with the new combination.
You should pick up over a second!!!!

KevinB said:
Did get some rods the other day :) These will go good with the forged pistons, Eagle crank and girdle that are all in the hands of Lonnie Diers who is building my short block :biggrin:

Are those the rods that Full Throttle is selling?

And for an update, I just upgraded to 60# Motron's, Double pumper, Moser Axles, and front skinnies.
Now I just have to wait for it to get warm

JC Turbo said:
Now I just have to wait for it to get warm

You guys just need to come South with your cars..... I'm looking to go maybe tomorrow down here.... @ 1 PM (when track opens) it is supposed to be mid 50's..... sunny.... with mid 30's on the humidity percentage..... :p

JC, yes they are from Full Throttle. I think they were around $450 shipped.

Good luck with your new combo! Keep us informed. I am thinking of either getting a double pumper or completely redo the fuel system. Not sure which yet. I need the car to be reliable since it is street driven and I do not own a trailer :)

I understand, I also drive my car everywhere. I do not own a truck or a trailer. :cool:

The double pumper is a nicely engineered piece which requires no outside modifications. I didn't want a fuel sump, or a real loud external fuel pump. I like the stock look. I'll see how it works out for me. My new fuel system will go alot further than the stock motor will ever go ;)

Front mount

I bought a 05 powerstroke off a harley F-250 6.0 ,which is alot bigger than a 7.3 I mean it is massive.The harder I beat on it,the output get supercold.I can run 24psi on 93 W/ a 96 commander chip w/ only 2 degree retard.Not spraying alky yet.Took 5 hr to do a custom install.We ran 35psi to it on the truck & handle it no prob.We swap for gale banks & truck runs no better. GOOD LUCK Kevin JoJo :)

screamindemon2 said:
I bought a 05 powerstroke off a harley F-250 6.0 ,which is alot bigger than a 7.3 I mean it is massive.The harder I beat on it,the output get supercold.I can run 24psi on 93 W/ a 96 commander chip w/ only 2 degree retard.Not spraying alky yet.Took 5 hr to do a custom install.We ran 35psi to it on the truck & handle it no prob.We swap for gale banks & truck runs no better. GOOD LUCK Kevin JoJo :)
Thanks, did you put the alky kit in yet? Let me know how it goes.

John, I am now going with the double pumper now too. I am going to run new SS lines up to the engine. My car is an '85, so when I did the conversion I had to rig in a filter out back. I was never satisfied with the way it turned out. Now I have an excuse to run some decent sized fuel lines. My "engine rebuild" seems to be getting more expensive by the day :eek:

alky kit

Yes went to track on street tires & went 12.26@ 111mph, so packed only got to make 2 passes & got 1 timeslip@42psi fp.On the way home turned it up to 48 psi fp .And the car keep pulling harder the more fuel I add.The kit works perfect. Thanks again man JoJo :)

screamindemon2 said:
Yes went to track on street tires & went 12.26@ 111mph, so packed only got to make 2 passes & got 1 timeslip@42psi fp.On the way home turned it up to 48 psi fp .And the car keep pulling harder the more fuel I add.The kit works perfect. Thanks again man JoJo :)
Great! I am glad you like it :)

KevinB said:

I've been following this thread for awhile, and like everyone else I was sorry to see you break :( . Maybe 9's with the new combo? :eek:

I say you're doing so much to the bottom of the motor, might as well go all the way on top and do the alum. heads. :biggrin:

And good luck to the others going for 10's on a stock motor. :)