Midwest meet!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the story on Byron. They are having a B-O-P weekend, the weekend of September 11 & 12. Saturday they have scheduled Test and tune, and a B/O/P race. Sunday they have the same schedule except for our Chicagoland Chapter having our regular points-series race. (sorry prasad)

Now - there are going to be club members at both days. I think Loyd and I will be there both days, and I know several others are planning on it, too. We might try to find a hotel nearby (or in Rockford.)

So we can have you guys race both days. Decide which day you want to do the union hall/cruise and come race the other.

Does that sound like a plan?

Sounds like a plan to me:biggrin:

I will be more than happy to help out for any cruise or get together in the Byron area. Dixon is 30 miles or so south of Byron and lots of state parks and preserves along rt 2. Anyway, when you guys do come down to Byron throughout the season, I live a few miles south of the track, so if you have a desginated driver:biggrin:, feel free to stop over for a cold one.

It's right next door to the IRS building on 111th isn't it?

Date and time? :confused:

Actually it's the old IRS building. We just purchased it last summer. What month would everybody want to do this and then we will nail down a specific date.

I got the go ahead from my BA. It turns out they are redoing the parking lot, but it will be done by mid July. SO IS EVERYBODY ON BOARD? It would help if some of you guys stepped up with this proccess on some of the ansillary items. If we could nail down a date by the end of next week, because a permit needs to be pulled through the village hall. Maybe someone could set up a Poll Thread on the date. Also as far as food, drinks ect... What are some options here. I will handle the location and facilities does somebody else want to step up on some of these other items and ideas. It's not that I wont it's just that I'm very busy at times especially with sports right now with running my 4 kids around. Lets here some ideas!

Well, looking at our club's schedule - we have another race at Byron on Sunday, July 11. So if you wanted to have the meet on the 10th, anyone that stays over can come and race with us on Sunday.

Regardless, the 10th, 17th and 24th are good as far as I can tell. Loyd and I can bring at least 2 tables, maybe 3.

I guess I should ask what can we do here. It's a big parking lot, right? So should we plan on something like already cooked like fried or broasted chicken? Or are there bbq facilities?

I guess get the date set first. You mentioned a poll. that might be a good idea.

I got the go ahead from my BA. It turns out they are redoing the parking lot, but it will be done by mid July. SO IS EVERYBODY ON BOARD? It would help if some of you guys stepped up with this proccess on some of the ansillary items. If we could nail down a date by the end of next week, because a permit needs to be pulled through the village hall. Maybe someone could set up a Poll Thread on the date. Also as far as food, drinks ect... What are some options here. I will handle the location and facilities does somebody else want to step up on some of these other items and ideas. It's not that I wont it's just that I'm very busy at times especially with sports right now with running my 4 kids around. Lets here some ideas!

I could help Tom, let me know.

I'd help if I didn't live so damn far away...:mad:

I'm still gonna be there though!!! :biggrin:

I will try to get over there and take some pictures. There are no BBQ facitities, but that doesnt mean that we cant bring them. I know of a few of guys that belong to the union that are big into pig roast maybe I could get them to roast one up. Also there is a meeting room that will fit about 300. Maybe also a tech section could take place(just a thought).Also the guys that are familar with the area maybe can come up with some ideas about afterwards, cruises, meeting spots, dyno shops, ect....

I will try to get over there and take some pictures. There are no BBQ facitities, but that doesnt mean that we cant bring them. I know of a few of guys that belong to the union that are big into pig roast maybe I could get them to roast one up. Also there is a meeting room that will fit about 300. Maybe also a tech section could take place(just a thought).Also the guys that are familar with the area maybe can come up with some ideas about afterwards, cruises, meeting spots, dyno shops, ect....

Tom that would be awesome! If you'd like, give me a call, I can help with some ideas that usually make things flow smoothly. DWALL also set up a paypal account for the Midwest Meets so people that would like to join can just pay via paypal to make things easier.

mmm pig :D I will definitely throw in on that...either way I'll be there