Midwest meet!!!!!!!!!!

What about the Volo idea? Also, in Mundelein, Ill. one Wed a month in the summer is a really big car show ("Park on Park") where they shut down a bunch of streets and there is food everywhere, music, etc...as well as local establishments. You see all kinds of really nice muscle cars there...not many GNs though...:wink:

Just so you know - Park on Park does not allow cars as new as GN's into their official show. You can maybe park several blocks away but you are not allowed into anything central. That's the main reason that our Chicagoland chapter does not include this show in any of our activities list.

Ok guys, sounds like some of you havent attended the past Midwest Meets. We will need to do it on a Saturday. Usually we do our picnic/social stuff in the late morning (10ish) and then eat lunch. Sociallize a little longer then find a car show to cruise into in the afternoon. In the Quad Cities, we actually went to two car shows during the first meet. I organized it with the people holding the car show so they could be prepared for us and they held an open spot to accomodate us. It was unreal to see the look on everyones faces when all those TR's drove in. It was a crowd pleaser!!!!! After the car shows, most people started their journeys back home as a pack of GN's!!!

from the way i took it he wants to do it just the Buick guys getting together going for a nice cruise then back to a picnic type setting where the kids can play games, maybe some softball,a couple BBQ's going stuff like that. meeting at a track like he said is just like a race day. showing up to a car show to overwhelm is not going to allow us the picnic type setting he seems to be leaning towards. like i said if we find a big preserve and get a permit for the shelter most you can park on the grass and get some killer photo's, what else could you want

Exactly....;)

Ok guys, sounds like some of you havent attended the past Midwest Meets. We will need to do it on a Saturday. Usually we do our picnic/social stuff in the late morning (10ish) and then eat lunch. Sociallize a little longer then find a car show to cruise into in the afternoon. In the Quad Cities, we actually went to two car shows during the first meet. I organized it with the people holding the car show so they could be prepared for us and they held an open spot to accomodate us. It was unreal to see the look on everyones faces when all those TR's drove in. It was a crowd pleaser!!!!! After the car shows, most people started their journeys back home as a pack of GN's!!!

...that would be awesome....I am sure it was a crowd pleaser...probably a freak out!:eek:

the problem with having it on wed many won't show up,the majority of the guys live 1 to 4 hours from volo.By having it on the weekend it would bring a much bigger turnout:biggrin:

I think we should have something in the middle not to far from each state

I know the king of car shows (Diaz) will be able to find a Sat. evening car show or cruise night somewhere after the picnic.

I know the king of car shows (Diaz) will be able to find a Sat. evening car show or cruise night somewhere after the picnic.

you got that right

Attachments

• SippinLemonaide.gif
    SippinLemonaide.gif
    21.5 KB · Views: 580
Ok guys, sounds like some of you havent attended the past Midwest Meets. We will need to do it on a Saturday. Usually we do our picnic/social stuff in the late morning (10ish) and then eat lunch!
Just realized one of the reason I haven't been. Work. lol

Well, I think we should have both just like what we had last year, a track meet and a get together at a forest preserves or any where that meets our needs.
I also think that we should take upon the offer that Shari made on another post; they can move the Buick race to to September 11th so that we can have all kind of Buicks there and those of you that want to hang out for the next day for the BOP race, they can do that as well. We do have some hard core real racers in our group so we can watch them run and maybe Diaz and the gang can have a gang bang with Brer Rabbits car or vice versa :D:D:D.

Prasad

Well, I think we should have both just like what we had last year, a track meet and a get together at a forest preserves or any where that meets our needs.
I also think that we should take upon the offer that Shari made on another post; they can move the Buick race to to September 11th so that we can have all kind of Buicks there and those of you that want to hang out for the next day for the BOP race, they can do that as well. We do have some hard core real racers in our group so we can watch them run and maybe Diaz and the gang can have a gang bang with Brer Rabbits car or vice versa :D:D:D.

Prasad

Now wait a minute Prasad, you know Gary's car isnt going to be running by September, or by next September, or the next September............:biggrin:

Now wait a minute Prasad, you know Gary's car isnt going to be running by September, or by next September, or the next September............:biggrin:

DAYAMM!!!!!:eek:
Man, poor Gary is getting it from everyone!!!!:biggrin:

Prasad

I would suggest ya'll come join a day of the Hot Rod Powertour since it goes right through the Midwest this year.