Midwest meet!!!!!!!!!!

It's been 6 days since the last post...:eek:..................."crickets chirping"..........................:eek:

Well the subject got a little off since everyone seems to want to go rabbit hunting this year instead of having the Midwest Meet!

Anyways, so Mrs. TurboLoyd offered to have a Meet day at Byron on Sept. 11, I think we need to take her up on that offer so we can have a track day.

As far as the actual Meet, who's going to man up and take over this year? It's not that hard to do really and it is a good feeling of accomplishment when you see all the people together. So.....come on guys, someone step up and make the arrangements. Oterwise, we can also quite doing this if you want and we'll start doing the Meets in Western Iowa instead? It's up to you guys! I'll be more than likely doing the Meet next year here in the Quad Cities again and have already started puting some things together for it.

WHO WANTS TO ORGANIZE IT THIS YEAR???!!!!!!!!!

Well the subject got a little off since everyone seems to want to go rabbit hunting this year instead of having the Midwest Meet!

Anyways, so Mrs. TurboLoyd offered to have a Meet day at Byron on Sept. 11, I think we need to take her up on that offer so we can have a track day.

As far as the actual Meet, who's going to man up and take over this year? It's not that hard to do really and it is a good feeling of accomplishment when you see all the people together. So.....come on guys, someone step up and make the arrangements. Oterwise, we can also quite doing this if you want and we'll start doing the Meets in Western Iowa instead? It's up to you guys! I'll be more than likely doing the Meet next year here in the Quad Cities again and have already started puting some things together for it.

WHO WANTS TO ORGANIZE IT THIS YEAR???!!!!!!!!!

So if Shari can confirm that they can move the race day to Saturday the 11th, then we have the race day covered.

Now just the get together and hang out day, we did have few people that did offer. As long as there is parking for at least 30-60 cars, any place would work. I am surprised the fact that no one has home or anything that is backed up to a forest preserve or a park that we can have a get together without causing a traffic jam or just parking on the side street . The point is to have all the cars together and shoot the breeze.

Prasad

What about the idea of doing this maybe along with a dyno session. If so I could start maybe contacting a few places. Also I would check and make sure that if the owner of his/her car could drive there car on the dyno. JUST AN IDEA!

I put a question into our race director about Saturday, 9/11 (now that's scary!) Our club has our points race scheduled for Sunday, so I asked him what he thinks about having turbo racing on Saturday. He has the "in" with BJ and the guy in charge of the B-O-P, so we'll see what he says. As soon as I hear something I'll post it here.

What about the idea of doing this maybe along with a dyno session. If so I could start maybe contacting a few places. Also I would check and make sure that if the owner of his/her car could drive there car on the dyno. JUST AN IDEA!

Good luck finding a place that will allow us to drive our cars on the dyno :frown:also i ask on the chicagolandbuick gsca forum this same question:frown::frown::frown:
Chicagoland Buick GSCA • View topic - when is the 1st dyno session for 2010

Kurgan motorsports is in byron. Never been there but his website says it is close to the track. Looks like he has a dyno.

I'm up for anything, I need a turbo Buford fix!!!
It's been a long winter and I haven't done anything to the car :frown:

I also need to see some TRs I swear I own the only one in Bloomington/Normal.

You know my buddy Jason used to live in Normal, IL now he live in Leroy and works at the Post office in Bloomington. Big turbo Buick guy and most of all a great guy. He has a lot of knowledge about these cars. At one time he had a TTA, GN and T type. Now he is down to a GN and he is building a stage II twin turbo monster in memory of his nephew.

Prasad:cool:

Just patiently waiting for someone to step to the plate! Come on guys, I did this 2 years in a row for you guys.